{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 90 Day Reporting, at the immigration office  (Read 108685 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: 90 Day Reporting, at the immigration office
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2014, 07:32:31 AM »
US Embassy.Thai Immigration’s Enforcement of Thai Visa Exemption Policy
Immigration Announcement

Thai Immigration’s Enforcement of Thai Visa Exemption Policy
July 7, 2014
U.S. citizens are reminded that Thailand immigration laws require visitors to remain in the proper visa status. *U.S. citizen tourists traveling to Thailand are eligible to enter Thailand without a visa and stay for 30 days under the Thai visa exemption policy if they are able to show an onward/return ticket and possess a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond their date of entry into Thailand.*
The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs has informed us that Thai Immigration will enforce existing foreign entry regulations and step up efforts to prevent abuse of the 30-day visa exemption policy for tourism granted to some foreigners, including U.S. citizens.* Thai immigration authorities will review carefully travelers who have received permission to stay for 30 days through the visa exemption policy, and who subsequently seek to reenter Thailand repeatedly for an additional 30 days under the same program. *If immigration officials perceive that individuals are entering Thailand to reside for an extended time or indefinitely, rather than seeking entry for tourism, such individuals may be denied re-entry. *If so, they will be referred to a Royal Thai Embassy outside of Thailand to apply for a regular Thai visa before seeking to enter Thailand again. *The U.S. Embassy and Consulate are not able to intervene with Thai Immigration or the airlines regarding their regulations and policies on behalf of a U.S. citizen who is denied re-entry.
U.S. long-term tourists and business travelers should check with the*Royal Thai Embassy*about Thailand’s visa requirements.* Additional information is available at the Department of State’s Country Specific Information for Thailand at http://travel.state.gov/content/pass.../thailand.html.

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2014, 08:41:52 AM »
Not everyone is an intellectual genius that lives here, Starman. Furthermore there are many older people that have never used internet and can't even speak English. I repeat:  if I can't get a ticket to fly home before my visa expires, I get a 10 year ban? Now that is Thailand's fault, I don't think you will find a rule like that anywhere else. Even if there was an appeal process I expect you would be spending a few days in immigration cells, you might get bail, maybe not if you have no more money which is the reason you are leaving...
What I meant by this comment is that Thailand has very restrictive rules when it comes to staying here permanently. Now they are tightening them even further, and as I said, we may well have more surprises in store. Please don't tell me that Thais are discriminated when they want to settle there, this is understandable due to the large number of Thai 'ladies'abroad, doing what they do best.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2014, 08:48:58 AM »
You don't need to be an intellect to contact your own embassy and ask advice.

If you have an overstay of less than 90 days and you inform immigration before they find you there is no punishment, as pointed out already by Gotlost.

"They" are not tightening the rules. "They" are just pointing out what is already illegal.

Do you really think that the visa rules are difficult to understand?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2014, 09:18:29 AM »

If you have an overstay of less than 90 days and you inform immigration before they find you there is no punishment, as pointed out already by Gotlost.

"They" are not tightening the rules. "They" are just pointing out what is already illegal.

I would say by black listing for overstayers  is seriously tighting up the screws. This tighting up on visa requirements is not over. I look for Ed Visa's to be busted and If I was on a Dodge O visa for retirement I would be looking over my shoulder and  the no money for an O multi on marriage at Savanhaket is on borrowed time

Offline Simon

• Contributor with future
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2014, 10:08:53 AM »

I would say by black listing for overstayers  is seriously tighting up the screws. This tighting up on visa requirements is not over. I look for Ed Visa's to be busted and If I was on a Dodge O visa for retirement I would be looking over my shoulder and  the no money for an O multi on marriage at Savanhaket is on borrowed time
Yes i am personally glad the rules are being implemented more seriously than before.
Why should some be allowed to bend the rules when others are living within the system.
If you don't have enough to show you are able to look after yourself and your family then you are no good to anyone,after all if you are retired here then the money you need to show in the bank/pension shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
As for people living here on so called fake visas,well they are not even worth mentioning.

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »

and .... I have heard whispers that "not properly qualified" teachers will be seriously looked at .....

apparently in regards to their presented documentation. (I am assuming he meant diplomas / degrees)

nothing on Thai Visa about it as yet that I could find ........

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2014, 10:55:38 PM »
I was in Korat, and more than that I was buying stuff walking distance to Korat Immigration.  So I decided to try my 90 day report. 

1.  They took me with no questions and issued me an updated report time.   While I filled out the form, they ignored it and just used my passport. 

2.  I had not been to Korat Immigration for over 2 years.  They have split operations.   If you are doing a 90 day and enter the front the door, ignore the number machine.  Continue straight and you will see a 2nd number machnine for 90 day reports, it is now a separate room. 

mxyzptlk

« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2014, 07:44:03 AM »
I was in Korat, and more than that I was buying stuff walking distance to Korat Immigration.  So I decided to try my 90 day report. 

1.  They took me with no questions and issued me an updated report time.   While I filled out the form, they ignored it and just used my passport. 

2.  I had not been to Korat Immigration for over 2 years.  They have split operations.   If you are doing a 90 day and enter the front the door, ignore the number machine.  Continue straight and you will see a 2nd number machnine for 90 day reports, it is now a separate room.
I do all my 90 day reports at Korat, unless one is due when I renew my extension of stay at Kap Choeng so I do it there...

Offline Nobby

« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2014, 12:16:20 PM »

and .... I have heard whispers that "not properly qualified" teachers will be seriously looked at .....

apparently in regards to their presented documentation. (I am assuming he meant diplomas / degrees)

nothing on Thai Visa about it as yet that I could find ........

There is now,Dave!

Offline Somnat

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2014, 12:24:06 PM »
^^^^ Yes Sparky. saw it yesterday.

Seems like they are serious as it appears to be a "gazetted" change to the Police order. ???

What was your take on it?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:28:28 PM by Somnat »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2014, 01:02:42 PM »
^^^^ Yes Sparky. saw it yesterday.

Seems like they are serious as it appears to be a "gazetted" change to the Police order. ???

What was your take on it?

More to come and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. redman

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2014, 10:44:37 PM »
I have just completed my non immigrant o extension based on marriage at bangkok (i was there for a while) my question is this can i still do my 90 day report in kap choeng or do i need to go to bkk for this now ???
thanks in advance

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2014, 01:10:45 AM »
I have just completed my non immigrant o extension based on marriage at bangkok (i was there for a while) my question is this can i still do my 90 day report in kap choeng or do i need to go to bkk for this now ???
thanks in advance

You can report to any immigration, but is usual to report in your home province.

Should you find yourself in Bangkok again 'for a while, then you would report there.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2014, 06:59:18 AM »
thanks in advance

Expect a few questions at KC,as they will surely remember what a prick you made of yourself when getting last years from KC!!

Offline ban1216

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
thanks for the informationguys and the reminder of what a tart i was last year i did ok this year so hopefully redeemed myself a little mr bear
i assume that my last 90 day report slip is now defunct and can be removed and continued with the 90 days from the beginning of my new extension ??

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick