{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: 90 Day Reporting, at the immigration office  (Read 109344 times)

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: 90 Day Reporting, at the immigration office
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »
Nookie, any words of wisdom as far as going to Korat for reporting every ninety days?  Such as, better to get there early or after lunch?  Can you have documents completed prior to arrival or do they want them completed there.  Any other advice you can give is appreciated.  From what I gather, being in LamPlaiMat I will be reporting at Korat.
As soon as they open 08-30 is the best,one lad who went last Thursday after lunch was number 33 in the queue!
Are you sure Lamplaimat comes under Korat as its only 26kms from Buriram city?

Nookie, no not sure at all.  Korat and KCI were the only two I saw mentioned so I just thought there was nothing in between.  So there IS an immigration office in Burri Ram city proper then.  This is good news to me.  I am sure I will be taking a trip or two to Korat anyway to look at the pottery.  Thank you as always for your help.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2013, 11:27:14 AM »
Nookie means that you come under the jurastiction of Buriram so you must use Kap Cheong. There is no immigration office in Buriram

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:30:55 AM by Starman »

mxyzptlk

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
I was one of the guys from Nongki (mentioned by Nookie is one of his posts) who did a 90 day report last Thursday @ Dan Kwien (Korat). I do most of my 90 day reports there. Not only is it a lot closer than KC, but you don't need to fill out a TM47 report form. They just put my passport number into the computer and the officer prints out the TM47 and staples it into my passport.  In my experience Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday are the best days to report and I get there around the time the office opens..I walked into the office, pressed the 90 Day Report button at reception and my number was called as soon as I took the ticket. However, I have been unlucky a couple of times and been stuck behind someone with around 30 passports to process....
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:53:13 PM by mxyzptlk »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »
I was one of the guys from Nongki (mentioned by Nookie is one of his posts) who did a 90 day report last Thursday @ Dan Kwien (Korat). I do most of my 90 day reports there. Not only is it a lot closer than KC, but you don't need to fill out a TM47 report form. They just put my passport number into the computer and the officer prints out the TM47 and staples it into my passport.  In my experience Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday are the best days to report and I get there around the time the office opens..I walked into the office, pressed the 90 Day Report button at reception and my number was called as soon as I took the ticket. However, I have been unlucky a couple of times and been stuck behind someone with around 30 passports to process....

Does  Korat immigration do 90 day mail in reports.....

mxyzptlk

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2013, 02:00:03 PM »

No, they don't

mxyzptlk

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2013, 02:03:05 PM »
Minor correction to my initial post above ...
They staple the receipt into my passport and not the TM47 form....

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

No, they don't
 sawadi

Offline JanAndersLarsson

• Contributor with future
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »
Nice to be able to report to Dan Kwien. It would save me 120 kilometers each time. How about the immigration office in Khon Kaen ? Can I do my 90-days report there ?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2013, 04:06:12 PM »
Nice to be able to report to Dan Kwien. It would save me 120 kilometers each time. How about the immigration office in Khon Kaen ? Can I do my 90-days report there ?

where do you live.

Offline JanAndersLarsson

• Contributor with future
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »
Sorry ! I forgot.  I live in Napho the northernmost district in Buriram. 185 km to Kap Cheong an 120 km to Khon Kaen. And the part of the 24 highway from Prakon Chai to Prasat  oldmanwithstick :(

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »
Sorry ! I forgot.  I live in Napho the northernmost district in Buriram. 185 km to Kap Cheong an 120 km to Khon Kaen. And the part of the 24 highway from Prakon Chai to Prasat  oldmanwithstick :(
[/quot

Understand what your up against. What Korat Immigration has done it to let those that are a lot closer to them in Buriram use Korat for their 90 days report BUT they must renew their extension in Kap Choeng. Nong KI Buriram is approximately 50 km from Korat. I'm sure there are more individual's north of the 24 that  report to Korat. So I see your options as 1: you have to renew your extension at Kap Choeng BUT 2. Go to Khon Kaen and ask, be real nice and eat humble pie. There have been no reports of anyone doing this that I know of. If the answerer is no then go down to Korat, I would thank they will let you. If all else fails its Kap Choeng.

Korat Immigration is the boss of Kap Choeng Immigration and they basically call the shots.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2013, 07:03:44 AM »
In 31 years I've never had a problem anywhere with immigration here in Thailand,,,,just turn up with a smile on your face & be polite!!

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2013, 07:38:40 AM »
In 31 years I've never had a problem anywhere with immigration here in Thailand,,,,just turn up with a smile on your face & be polite!!

thumbup thumbup

Offline SOM LUCK

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2013, 11:07:20 AM »
mxyzptik,

I live 15 KM south of Buriram on 226. Would you please give me directions to the Dan Kwien immigration office for where I live

Thanks

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »
mxyzptik,

I live 15 KM south of Buriram on 226. Would you please give me directions to the Dan Kwien immigration office for where I live

Thanks

You need to drive to Korat. When you get to the first junction with traffic lights you need to turn left. You do not go into Korat town. You should then be on the road going out to Chok Chai. The Immigration is a left turn about 15kms down that road. There are 2 giant pottery jugs to the entrance. Once you are actually inside the pottery village Immigration is well sign posted.

Kap Cheong is an easier drive for you.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM