{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New House Build  (Read 23242 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
New House Build
« on: January 22, 2020, 07:02:22 PM »
I think it's better to make a new thread about our new house build, will update this thread accordingly

First post about this new build was in other topic:

Link: http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,10015.msg70610.html#msg70610

Too make a long story short (before you read that link) we have to move from our House because of very loud Music with SFH (SFH is Speakers from Hell) so we are going to build a new house far far away from them ;)

First sign of trouble for the new build

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,10015.msg70625.html#msg70625

Here that post

Before we even begun there is already a delay of 3+ weeks.

Reason: We just went to our local Tessaban and they need a detailed plan of the WALL (not the HOUSE, but the WALL) we are going to build before they can issue a permit.

Plus and that is a Major Pain in the ...., we need to get signatures of all people who live around the land/own land next to ours. And some people live in BKK and they only come to there, once or so a year.

House Plan is the one I thought off, but not a Wall Plan :(

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: New House Build
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 07:11:56 PM »
I think it's better to make a new thread about our new house build, will update this thread accordingly

First post about this new build was in other topic:

Link: http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,10015.msg70610.html#msg70610

Too make a long story short (before you read that link) we have to move from our House because of very loud Music with SFH (SFH is Speakers from Hell) so we are going to build a new house far far away from them ;)

First sign of trouble for the new build

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,10015.msg70625.html#msg70625

Here that post

Before we even begun there is already a delay of 3+ weeks.

Reason: We just went to our local Tessaban and they need a detailed plan of the WALL (not the HOUSE, but the WALL) we are going to build before they can issue a permit.

Plus and that is a Major Pain in the ...., we need to get signatures of all people who live around the land/own land next to ours. And some people live in BKK and they only come to there, once or so a year.

House Plan is the one I thought off, but not a Wall Plan :(

Tessaban and neighbour involvement for wall building is par for the course. Phu Yai Bann used to be able to get things done but no longer.

The idea is to make sure all parties are happy with the location with regards to perimeters. At each corner of a plot there will be a stone marker buried about 50cms down.

In the presence of everyone you will need to dig down to find the stones. Then map out the direct line joining the stones. When everyone is happy Tessaban will sign it off and you can start to build.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 04:57:51 AM »
In the presence of everyone you will need to dig down to find the stones. Then map out the direct line joining the stones. When everyone is happy Tessaban will sign it off and you can start to build.

And that is the major issue we are facing, one of the owners lives in BKK and is only coming to Buriram once a year or so. So in worst case scenario we have to postpone our build for a year, until we can get this permit sorted.

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 06:36:56 PM »
Must assume Thai Postal or a phone call are not practical? 

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 07:37:58 PM »
Must assume Thai Postal or a phone call are not practical?

You assumption is right, the village chief has been trying to contact them a couple of times already and no luck. If it all fails we are traveling to BKK and try there.

It also doesn?t help that they aren?t the youngest.

Owner on the right has already signed, but that leaves 2 off them, one in BKK and one local and the village chief will talk to him tomorrow.

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 08:38:36 PM »
Good luck with that!

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 09:52:51 AM »
Isn?t it crazy that in such a case, the Head Man cannot act as formal witness that yen boundary lines are correct and permissions signed off and witnessed on that basis.
Also, may be worth suggesting that the build could be approved and commenced with a clause that  final boundary line is yet to be finalized and approved.
Providing the house build is well within your land then no issue is likely to arise.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 10:58:09 AM »
Hi Freddy,

It is not a question of the borders, but its a question that the direct neighbors (owners of the land as we don?t have direct neighbors) allow that a wall and then a house is being build.

We have to give the tessabaan also a detailed map on what the wall is going to look like, with dimensions, steel used, how many barb wire being used etc etc.

House plan is being done by a licensed architect, but that is also on hold. (If we don?t get the permission we only forfeit our deposit)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »
Tessabaan for example told us, that the wall cannot start within at least 2 meters from the road else the permit will NOT be granted. We told them that we are planning to build the wall at least 50 centimeters within our boundary, oke then you could get land encroachment but I rather have that then that we have to tear down our wall.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 11:45:51 AM »
Looking around our village I see walls right up to the road edge. I?m planning a block wall and gate and as you was planning a half meter or so inside the property line. When we built the house local land office said no permit was required in the village but we got one anyway to be safe. I wonder if the two meter rule would apply in my case?

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:27 PM »
DD, this totally depends on the Tessaban that is responsible for your area. Our Tessabaan is UDOM Than (Amphur Krasang)

Remember TIT as not every Amphur/Tessabaan has it's same rules. When we build our house, NO permission was needed and we even got the Housebook (Tabien Baan) without even a visit or a document needed, so we got Permanent Electricity from day 1 (normally you would get Temp Electric at an inflated price per Kw/h)

We talked to the foreigners that have a house where we want to build and they said when they build their house no permit (for the wall that is) was necessary, so the rules have changed/

Also and that was BIG Shock to us as well, you even need a permit if you want to get land fill in. (Again this according to our Tessabaan)

Edit: I forgot to add, what about enforcement of those rules? I see in the neighborhood were we want to build at least 2 structures (Sheds) put up and 1 of them is right at the road.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 12:24:41 PM by iammike »

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 01:16:53 PM »
Thanks for that. We will definitely check before building.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 08:28:44 PM »
Hi Freddy,

It is not a question of the borders, but its a question that the direct neighbors (owners of the land as we don?t have direct neighbors) allow that a wall and then a house is being build.

We have to give the tessabaan also a detailed map on what the wall is going to look like, with dimensions, steel used, how many barb wire being used etc etc.

House plan is being done by a licensed architect, but that is also on hold. (If we don?t get the permission we only forfeit our deposit)

You are correct in saying the rules have changed. Walls need to be built within certain boundaries from an access road to allow for any requirements for underground work such as new, bigger drainage pipes for the area. Were you to build the wall near to the road there could possibly be the need to take it down in order for Tessaban to do their work.

The word "barbed wire" screams out. Seems you are building a biggish wall with, possibly, unsightly security features. That is what is probably causing the need for permission to build. Most people are more than happy for the neighbours to build a wall along their perimeter as they are effectively getting a free wall along one side of their land.

Questions arise: if you feel such a wall is needed, is this really a good place to build?  I recall your previous posts a while back about the need of security cameras at your old property. If such security measures are needed once more maybe more consideration should be given to the location. Secondly, you mentioned there was no chance of anyone having SFH. Now, from your posts, I assume you have neighbours directly on 3 sides. Are you sure about SFH?

If you are sure about wanting to build here there is a simple fix. Put in a plan for a wall of 1 meter height. When building is complete and neighbours can be contacted put in another application to increase the height.

To be honest, if it were me and I felt the need for a wall with barbed wire I would not build there. Barbed wire is as ugly from the inside as it is from the outside. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 08:31:47 PM by Starman »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2020, 09:56:00 PM »
The barb wire fence which will be around to get the catle out which are walking around freely there and bar wire fences (as you maybe can recall that I wrote that earlier there are alot of vegetable farms there) they have there lots and lots. You don?t want cattle to mess up freshly poured concrete etc etc.

And no we are not putting up a big fence, we will put blocks in only to a height of 1,5m when the house is completely finished.

We only put in security cameras in our old property because of our neighbor which we didn?t (and still don?t trust) the cameras are now not-working (but he doesn?t know that).

And more thing, my wife just went to the tessabaan to ask what the process would be to get a house book, and when she was asked if we are building a house, she said, at first we are putting a wall up, and then the tessabaan said ?need a permit etc etc?.  So that got this ball rolling.

So, I hope it?s clear now?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:07:16 PM by iammike »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 10:17:12 PM »
The fence (when finished) will look something like this.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick