{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New House Build  (Read 23246 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: New House Build
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2020, 10:22:57 PM »
Not sure about the tone of your answer. Generally speaking, people post on here for advice. That is what I gave in accordance with what I understood to be a "wall with barbed wire". Now you say "fence". Confusing to say the least.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2020, 10:31:31 PM »
Sorry about that but english is not my first language to me fence and wall are the same to me.

And I posted this topic to write about my experiences in building a new house. And the Tessabaan issue is one I posted Immediately, I will let you guys know if we get the permit in the end, but could take a while for an update.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 10:38:13 PM »
If you are building a fence, to keep cattle out as you build your house, you do not need a permit. Only permanent structures need a permit.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 10:40:27 PM »
If you are building a fence, to keep cattle out as you build your house, you do not need a permit. Only permanent structures need a permit.

You need a permit according to our tessabaan, you also need approval from your neighbors (what I already wrote). When I get home Sunday, I will scan the forms the Tessabaan gave us and post them here.

Also not every Tessabaan is the same

Ps: maybe it?s because we are going to pour the poles, were the bar wires will be attached to, in concrete so that we can use them for the final (whatever it?s called)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:42:40 PM by iammike »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 10:56:21 PM »
Can?t edit my last post, but my wife didn?t mention barb wire or concrete poles, she onky mentioned the Thai word ?Rua? รั้ว and they immediately mentioned need permit.

I will post the documents the Tessabaan gave us when i get Back home Sunday Afternoon.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 07:14:37 AM »
i have been thinking about what Starman said, about the difference between Fence and Wall, and I am going to ask my wife when she wakes up what exactly she said to the Tessabaan.

Our Fence or wall (you name it ;) ) will at first be to keep cattle out, but it also will feature (from the start) a retaining concrete fence/wall  and that shields the property from run of water from other rice fields to the lake at the other side of the road.

But This retaining concrete fence/wall has NOT been discussed with the Tessabaan. And that retaining wall/fence could be, as Starman said. a permanent structure.

Here a drawing of the land.

Color meanings:

Black: Our Land with Access road (access road is 10 meters long)
Red: Retaining ....
Purple: Main Road
Brown: Runoff area for water from the fields that go into a lake. (under the main road there is a Pipe approx 80cm across to the lake, also we placed 40cm pipes under our access road from left to right to ensure an even flow)
Yellow: The 3 neighbors fields from who we need the permission.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 07:28:16 AM by iammike »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 07:57:34 AM »
Wifey just woke up and she said she only mentioned "Rua" รั้ว to Tessabaan.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 08:10:41 AM »
We called the BIL and he send us the Docs via Line. (sorry for the bad quality)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 08:14:58 AM by iammike »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 03:26:39 PM »
Those forms are all about a building. Nothing about a wall or fence. Seems that Tessaban want to see the full plans before giving permission to build.

When the application has been approved you will need to locate the marker stones under the ground to work out the perimeters. That will need neighbours present for their confirmation and agreement.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 03:48:28 PM »
Starman,

It could be so, but according to them (Tessabaan Udom Than) we need these papers filled in to start building OUR Wall/fence/Thing to keep cows out.

Wife clearly explained to them that we are building the Wall/Fence/Thing to keep cows out first as the house plan isn't finished yet and they didn't push us to give them the house plan. They only showed us House plans that were available for free, but we didn't like them.

I can't change it or even doubt what they said, but we are going to the Tessabaan again tomorrow and talk to them to make sure, because there is one thing what you did and that is made me curious.

But it still leaves the problem that 3 People (who have land surrounding ours) have to agree that we want to build our ..., so you need permission FROM THEM to do so, and this is IMHO a BIG issue, if for example they refuse to SIGN, you can shove your Building plans where the SUN doesn't shine ;)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2020, 03:58:06 PM »
The neighbours only need to approve the perimeter fence/wall.

If Tessaban agree to your building plans there is nothing the neighbours can do to stop you building your house. If your plans are agreed and you are happy to start the build without a perimeter wall/fence, or if you would be happy with a temporary fence without sunken posts and concrete you can proceed as soon as you have Tessaban's rubber stamp.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2020, 04:05:40 PM »
The neighbours only need to approve the perimeter fence/wall.

If Tessaban agree to your building plans there is nothing the neighbours can do to stop you building your house. If your plans are agreed and you are happy to start the build without a perimeter wall/fence, or if you would be happy with a temporary fence without sunken posts and concrete you can proceed as soon as you have Tessaban's rubber stamp.

We need a fence, cows galore there, but we are going with a TEMP fence first, the finished fence will be only done when the house is completely done, the only thing what we NEED to do NOW (before the RAIN starts) is that retaining wall on both sides of the ROAD, if we don't do that and we get heavy rains, it could wash away lots of the soil (and even the access road).

Will wait and see tmrw and will post updates as soon as I am able to.

Ps: On the 3 signature issue, No change yet, 1 confirmed, still 2 to go.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 04:08:40 PM by iammike »

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2020, 10:26:44 AM »
Just an observation... funny how here in Thailand you have to build a fence to keep cows out, rather than the owner of the cows building one to keep the cows IN. 

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:47 PM »
@DD 55555. The cows will be kept in during the rice planting, but that is another 3-4 months away, that is way to long.

Update:

We just came back from the Tessabaan in very busy Krasang. (Some kind of festival is going on there)

We arrived at the Tessabaan with all the necessary paperwork (except for the 3 signatures needed).

We also gave them a detailed plan of:
- how long the fence/wall would be divided into each section
- how high the fence/wall would be divided into each section
- Which Steel we are going to use for the Footing, Rebar etc
(I even attached a sample piece of the steel with the SR (grade of steel) (SR24) number clearly visible ;) )
- Where on the land the wall would stand (included a drawing to illustrate this)
- Pictures (from Google ;) ) how to fence in the beginning will look like and also Pictures how the fence would approx look like after the house is finished.
- Pictures (not from Google) of the rebar and the footing.
- And also noted, that we are going to build the wall AT LEAST 50cm within our boundary

When they looked at this, they just said, we can build our wall/fence, but also said we still need permission for the House Build and they will visit the site as soon we are building the fence/wall. (they wanted to know the starting date, we replied next week ;) )
And also we still need the 3 signatures, but we now have the time to gather them.

So Success, we can start building our wall/fence. YEAHHHHHH, but why they change I don't know, but my wife said it maybe has to do that we build our wall NOT right on the BOUNDARY but at least 50cm's away from it.

Now it's waiting on the wife and the village elders to find a suitable day for construction.

Tomorrow off to Buriram to rent the Digger (to dig the column post holes (approx 200 of them) and for the rebar connecting the poles), and also rent the steel forms for pouring the concrete.

Will keep you guys updated on the progress.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2020, 02:58:19 PM »
I have been discussing what happened at the Tessabaan with the wife and I feel 50/50 happy

For example, if we would go back to the Tessabaan tomorrow, would they give us the same answer? I sincerly doubt it, but then again TiT. ;)

Rest assured, we are not going back and we will start building the fence/wall, and we will wait and see what is going to happen, and I also wonder if they are going to show up as they said they would.

Will update you guys.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM