{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New House Build  (Read 23243 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: New House Build
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2020, 03:40:20 PM »
I have been discussing what happened at the Tessabaan with the wife and I feel 50/50 happy

For example, if we would go back to the Tessabaan tomorrow, would they give us the same answer? I sincerly doubt it, but then again TiT. ;)

Rest assured, we are not going back and we will start building the fence/wall, and we will wait and see what is going to happen, and I also wonder if they are going to show up as they said they would.

Will update you guys.

Cover yourself by doing what I suggested in a previous post. Find the stone markers that are buried on each corner of your plot. Get some one to confirm, village headman would be a good choice, and mark your territory with a post in each corner and string around the whole plot. Not only will this enable you to prove your perimeters with 100% accuracy, you also will not need to sacrifice (read: give away free) a meter of your land.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2020, 03:49:58 PM »
Thx

We are building the fence/wall at least 50 cm from the ridge (คันนา) (that divides the fields) and that was according to the Tessabaan enough.

But will do as you suggested, but will have to wait till the village chief is available.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 03:52:17 PM by iammike »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 04:45:08 PM »
And now for something completely different.

What do you guys think about a fence like this. This would be all around the 3,5 Rai. (except of course for the retaining wall in front which will consists of blocks)

This would be instead of the fence/wall design from post #14.

Honest opinion please

Yes or No.

TiA
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:50:33 PM by iammike »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2020, 05:09:40 PM »
Thx

We are building the fence/wall at least 50 cm from the ridge (คันนา) (that divides the fields) and that was according to the Tessabaan enough.

But will do as you suggested, but will have to wait till the village chief is available.

Just checking you are aware that there are no divides between plots of land, unless already assigned to access. Plots of land fit right next to each other. It is totally feasible that the ridge is actually on your land and therefore you could be losing more that 50cms. Dig for the stone markers as soon as you can to locate the exact border. No need to wait for village headman. He can be contacted as and when you need a witness.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 05:43:49 PM »
I am well aware about that we might be loosing more then 50cm, but when the time is near when someone builds a house next to our house, and they encroach, we will show them the markers and we will be at the Land Office to get them to measure.

I will wait for the village headman, I think it's a safer bet ;)

He is busy with the festival in Krasang which ends on the 31th I believe.

Edit: My wife just informed me that the divides are actually in the middle, so the left part is ours, the right part is theirs. How this corresponds to the markers I have no idea, will know in the near future.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:57:32 PM by iammike »

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2020, 12:48:27 PM »
Update:

We got electric YEAH !!. Went to the PEA this morning and in 2 days we will have Electric at the site.

It's a temporary 15/45 Meter and we paid 6000THB for the Deposit and we are going to pay a rate of approx 7THB per unit.

We can't get a "Real" meter yet because we don't have a Tabien Baan for the property yet, so for the time being going to use this Temp Electric Meter.

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2020, 01:52:57 PM »
I am well aware about that we might be loosing more then 50cm, but when the time is near when someone builds a house next to our house, and they encroach, we will show them the markers and we will be at the Land Office to get them to measure.

Edit: My wife just informed me that the divides are actually in the middle, so the left part is ours, the right part is theirs. How this corresponds to the markers I have no idea, will know in the near future.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are going to erect a fence or wall at least 50cms inside your own perimeter. Then, if someone uses that land you are going to tell them they are encroaching. That does not then mean that you can use the land. Thus you are still wasting land. You are going to spend the rest of your life peering over to see if anyone has put anything on your 50cms.

My guess would be the land office will tell you to erect a wall or fence to prevent encroaching.

Why not just take the advice already given and build in line with the stones mentioned?

One more question. How does your wife know that the ridge is half yours prior to locating said stones?

I hate to say it but this wall build sounds like a bit of a shambles. As I understand it the stones are not that deep. Why not pop outside and have a dig around. Easy.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2020, 03:12:34 PM »
Why not just take the advice already given and build in line with the stones mentioned?

We will do that, if you read post #34

where it says

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:17:23 PM by iammike »

Offline Gerry

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2020, 07:39:50 PM »

What about this, that you wrote?

Tassie

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2020, 03:20:36 AM »
Regardless of where land markers are currently placed doesn't guarantee their accuracy. If you see them actually placed by the Lands Department then you can count on their accurate placement.  If not, then getting the Lands Department to survey the boundary is the only way to insure sanity.  It can be a very costly remedy to pull down a wall or part off the house if the structure is not fully within your legal boundary.
Regards

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2020, 05:22:50 AM »

What about this, that you wrote?

We will verify where the marker stones are with the village chief when he is available, that I wrote already.

And do you really think if someone builds a house next to you and you show that person the marker stones that they believe you 100%? Would you? So that is why I would get the Land office out, I will of course first try to talk to them with the village chief.

The main issue is that the land office has a waiting period of around 2-3 months,the fence is an issue yes, but not the house because that will be around 10-15 meters (on each side don't forget we are talking about 3,5 Rai) from the ridges that separate the fields.

But we will get the land office out anyway, we are going right after we verified the markers with the village chief.

For the fence we have decided to wait to start until we now exactly where the markers are and make for the time being a really really temp fence (poles not put in concrete but just in sand) with only barb-wire, except for the retaining wall.

Tassie

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2020, 06:50:50 AM »
Good luck with your build.
Regards

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2020, 06:58:27 AM »
Good luck with your build.
Regards

Thx and thx for the advice, will get the land office involved before the permanent fence is build, but will still build 50cm within our boundary.

Offline Phantom

• Contributor with future
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2020, 08:15:43 AM »
Hi Iammike, just a word of caution if I may. About 10 years ago I built a similar fence before our house was built. I made sure it was about 30 cms inside our land. We live next to the ? village square?. About 5 years ago, the Land Department had to redo the Government land next door. They found that my fence was 30 cms  inside our land and because we hadn?t used it because of the fence, they rejigged the boundary to reflect it on the fence line. They even moved the concrete posts as well. Land lost. Just a thought.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2020, 11:12:52 AM »
Thx for the advice.

What we did in our current house was also 50 cm in the boundary, but when the final wall was ready, we put in another row of poles (just place 20-30cm in the sand not in concrete) and with barb-wire right on the boundary.

So on the boundary, poles with barb-wire, then 50cms out, the final wall. When I have some time and we are at the house I will upload a picture.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick