{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Kap Choeng Immigration Update.  (Read 117229 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Kap Choeng Immigration Update.
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
If anyone in the Buriram area would like help putting the packet together for KCI as described in REPLY #75, message me as I have the facilities to support.  My shop can do the forms (print 2 sided), copies, photo, and scan (of course for a fee).  We are 7 KM north of Buriram city (on the way to Buriram Airport).

That must put you in Ban Yang then????????

I am down that way teaching most Saturday's. I will try to find you some time. Cheers

That's correct, 156 Moo 4.  Look for the internet shop/snack store in an yellow/orange house/wall. No sign out front. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
KCI have a "hand out" that explains in both Thai and (part) English what paperwork is required for an extension based on meeting the retirement requirements.

Thanks for coming by.  Here is the packet from Somnat.  It includes:

- Instuctions
- Income statment (in Thai)  (See Reply #75, form my TG filled out)
- Acknowledgement Form (See Reply #75, form Immigratin Officer filled out)
- TM 7
- Plus I added TM 8 and TM 47 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »
Just returned from Kap Choeng with a new Retirement visa, My observations, recommendations, and some differences with some other posts.

Terminology, I did not renew my visa, I got a new one for my expiring visa.  This distinction helps understand the steps.

STEP 1.  Visa Application, applying for a new Visa (TM 7), bring the following:

-Your TG if you have one. The Immigration Officer (IO) basically just talked to mine, and she filled out the additional forms.
- TM 7 (2 copies) printed on front/back of 1 page.  (I had one copy printed on 2 pages and we had to glue together, also had to fill out another copy)
- Passport
- Copy of all used pages in passport, do not copy blank pages as each copy is stamped and you have to certify with your signature.  (based on an earlier post I had all pages copied, the IO removed these pages and gave them back to me)
- Blue Book (if used as proof of residence)
- copy of Blue Book
- Income verification
- 3 photos (the 3rd will be used in next step). 
- 1900 Baht, Visa Application fee.
- There were 2 additional forms they provided, I did not see any form numbers.  One was totally in Thai (which my TG filled out) I think may have been for residence verification, and the 2nd was me certifying something (I signed and the IO filled it in).   
- The Immigration Officer (IO) puts the packet together, and then takes it to the supervisor for approval. 

STEP 2.  VISA (TM 8 )

- Bring a TM 8 (printed front and back).   
- Copies of passport (the IO made copies for me), I just had to recertify each page.
- Photo (this is the 3rd photo from Step 1). 
- Select Visa type (in my case I choose a mutiple entry visa), cost an additional 3800 baht from the 1900 baht provided in Step 1. 

STEP 3.  90 Day certification (TM 47). 

- Bring a filled out TM 47.  Had to manually fill one out there. 
- Why a TM 47 is required when the Visa date is stamped in the passport is unclear to me.  However, it was required of me so I would recommend bringing one. 

Observations:

- The IO asked if I wanted to contribute to the "Tea Money" container.  I did so.  Not sure what the impacts would have been if I did not, however, when I got there at about 10 am (I was #12), Number 11 was being completed, while numbers 6, 9, and 10 were waiting looking like they had come back with additional paperwork. 
- When I paid the Visa fee I gave 4000 baht, my receipt said 3800 baht and I was not provided any change.  When I mentioned this to my TG she said the IO told her we would not get the 200 baht back. 
- I got to the IO about 1030 am and was completed at 1130 am.  Any additional forms or copies were provided by the IO as I sat at the desk, as opposed to those that had to get additional stuff and returned.  It might be wrong, but I prefer the Thai open graft method, wish I could use it with my embassy to get my TG a US Visa.   

My new Visa expires 14 Feb 2014 a year later than the Old Visa.  However, my 90 report is based on today's date (24 Jan).

Also, while they still have numbers, they appear to be asking for 90 day reports and move them forward. 

In discussions with Somnat, it seems I was under a misconception.  According to him all you have to do is Step 1 (and maybe 3) if you have no intentions of leaving the LOS during your extention.  You do not need a re-entry stamp in your passport. 

So as I understood him, you apply for your extention and should get it for the 1900 baht, and can stop there.  Then if necessary you can always go back later and get a re-entry permit stamp. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »
KCI have a "hand out" that explains in both Thai and (part) English what paperwork is required for an extension based on meeting the retirement requirements.

Thanks for coming by.  Here is the packet from Somnat.  It includes:

- Instuctions
- Income statment (in Thai)  (See Reply #75, form my TG filled out)
- Acknowledgement Form (See Reply #75, form Immigratin Officer filled out)
- TM 7
- Plus I added TM 8 and TM 47 

To emphasize, if you fill out TM 7 and/or TM 8 before hand they must be printed on a single page of paper, front and back. 

Per the website:  http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Note: In case of any 2-pages form, please print out in one paper(front and back page).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:09:51 PM by urleft »

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2013, 02:27:22 AM »
I see comments about extending visa due to marriage.  Is this instead of doing border crossing?  If due to marriage, how long is the visa good for.  My original plan is to relocate to Bruriram full time, no need to keep paying for a place in the states.  I called the embassy in LA and they say no such thing as perm. residency visa.  Would love to learn from your experiences....please.

Offline davu

• Prolific Member
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »
...if you have an 'O-A' visa, issued outside of Thailand, you can get it extended on grounds of marriage, retirement, and various other categories. The extension is valid for one year but you have to go to immigration every three months in case of marriage.
Permanent residency: possible, but difficult (requires knowledge of Thai, written and spoken) and literally takes years. And if you did get it, it wouldn't be a visa.
Type 'Thai visa into Google, you'll get a lot of information.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »
I see comments about extending visa due to marriage.  Is this instead of doing border crossing?  If due to marriage, how long is the visa good for.  My original plan is to relocate to Bruriram full time, no need to keep paying for a place in the states.  I called the embassy in LA and they say no such thing as perm. residency visa.  Would love to learn from your experiences....please.
Forget about a permanent residence visa.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »
So Nookie, do you have 3 month visa and travel over the border every so often?  Do you hear of someone having difficulty getting visa renewed? 

Offline Somnat

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2013, 10:07:17 AM »
Deputy David Welcome to BE .....

If you are over 50 years old when you get here why not get a retirement extension.

Very easy process and renewed one time each year. NO requirement to border hop.

Requires 800 K Bht in bank OR proof of income of 65K baht per month OR combination of Funds in bank and income.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
Deputy David Welcome to BE .....

If you are over 50 years old when you get here why not get a retirement extension.

Very easy process and renewed one time each year. NO requirement to border hop.

Requires 800 K Bht in bank OR proof of income of 65K baht per month OR combination of Funds in bank and income.

Somnat, thank you very much, indeed that is what I will look into.  Initial retirement visa here costs 200 (usd) and the application is easy.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2013, 08:09:31 AM »
So Nookie, do you have 3 month visa and travel over the border every so often?  Do you hear of someone having difficulty getting visa renewed? 
I've had a retirement visa for many years,just do a 90 day report to any immigration office

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2013, 08:10:37 AM »
For people without the needed funds there are ways to maintain your 'retirement' status

Offline Thomas

• Contributor with future
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2013, 05:19:49 PM »
Well just got back home after a trip to KCI. All I wanted was to extend my tourist visa from 30 days to 60. Seemed fairly easy and straight forward, only to be told I required my marriage certificate and blue home book. WTF. I said I wasn't after a married retirement visa only to extend my tourist visa...anyway these are now the rules apparently.....what if I wasn't married??

All worked out in the end after the wife went to the amphor next door and requested copies of both marriage cert and proof of blue home book. So back to the KCI where I was told if I had 400,000 in a bank account I could apply and likely receive a retirement visa, which by the way I will be ready to do in about a year or 2 as I and the wife work 9 months a year in Australia.

And tea money was also demanded. What should have been a 2 hour round trip finished up 6 hours... So beware

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:09 AM »
Well just got back home after a trip to KCI. All I wanted was to extend my tourist visa from 30 days to 60. Seemed fairly easy and straight forward, only to be told I required my marriage certificate and blue home book. WTF. I said I wasn't after a married retirement visa only to extend my tourist visa...anyway these are now the rules apparently.....what if I wasn't married??

All worked out in the end after the wife went to the amphor next door and requested copies of both marriage cert and proof of blue home book. So back to the KCI where I was told if I had 400,000 in a bank account I could apply and likely receive a retirement visa, which by the way I will be ready to do in about a year or 2 as I and the wife work 9 months a year in Australia.

And tea money was also demanded. What should have been a 2 hour round trip finished up 6 hours... So beware

Never heard of this latest KCI scam before

Offline Thomas

• Contributor with future
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »

Never heard of this latest KCI scam before

I think they were not happy doing tourist visa extensions, as they suggested I go over the boarder for such extension. Anyway. All my anger soon turned to amusement at the insanity of it all.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM

Re: Dentist by Thai Bart