{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Kap Choeng Immigration Update.  (Read 116671 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Kap Choeng Immigration Update.
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 02:28:51 PM »
Just returned from Kap Choeng with a new Retirement visa, My observations, recommendations, and some differences with some other posts.

Terminology, I did not renew my visa, I got a new one for my expiring visa.  This distinction helps understand the steps.

STEP 1.  Visa Application, applying for a new Visa (TM 7), bring the following:

-Your TG if you have one. The Immigration Officer (IO) basically just talked to mine, and she filled out the additional forms.
- TM 7 (2 copies) printed on front/back of 1 page.  (I had one copy printed on 2 pages and we had to glue together, also had to fill out another copy)
- Passport
- Copy of all used pages in passport, do not copy blank pages as each copy is stamped and you have to certify with your signature.  (based on an earlier post I had all pages copied, the IO removed these pages and gave them back to me)
- Blue Book (if used as proof of residence)
- copy of Blue Book
- Income verification
- 3 photos (the 3rd will be used in next step). 
- 1900 Baht, Visa Application fee.
- There were 2 additional forms they provided, I did not see any form numbers.  One was totally in Thai (which my TG filled out) I think may have been for residence verification, and the 2nd was me certifying something (I signed and the IO filled it in).   
- The Immigration Officer (IO) puts the packet together, and then takes it to the supervisor for approval. 

STEP 2.  VISA (TM 8 )

- Bring a TM 8 (printed front and back).   
- Copies of passport (the IO made copies for me), I just had to recertify each page.
- Photo (this is the 3rd photo from Step 1). 
- Select Visa type (in my case I choose a mutiple entry visa), cost an additional 3800 baht from the 1900 baht provided in Step 1. 

STEP 3.  90 Day certification (TM 47). 

- Bring a filled out TM 47.  Had to manually fill one out there. 
- Why a TM 47 is required when the Visa date is stamped in the passport is unclear to me.  However, it was required of me so I would recommend bringing one. 

Observations:

- The IO asked if I wanted to contribute to the "Tea Money" container.  I did so.  Not sure what the impacts would have been if I did not, however, when I got there at about 10 am (I was #12), Number 11 was being completed, while numbers 6, 9, and 10 were waiting looking like they had come back with additional paperwork. 
- When I paid the Visa fee I gave 4000 baht, my receipt said 3800 baht and I was not provided any change.  When I mentioned this to my TG she said the IO told her we would not get the 200 baht back. 
- I got to the IO about 1030 am and was completed at 1130 am.  Any additional forms or copies were provided by the IO as I sat at the desk, as opposed to those that had to get additional stuff and returned.  It might be wrong, but I prefer the Thai open graft method, wish I could use it with my embassy to get my TG a US Visa.   

My new Visa expires 14 Feb 2014 a year later than the Old Visa.  However, my 90 report is based on today's date (24 Jan).

Also, while they still have numbers, they appear to be asking for 90 day reports and move them forward. 

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2013, 02:54:40 PM »
Just to clarify the Terminology .... what you got from the Form TM 7 was NOT a VISA.

You got an extension of temporary stay in Thailand. Visas are issued in your (or another) country.

No real need to take TG /TW for a retirement extension. Although I am sure it can only help  :biggrin:

TM 8 is for a Re-Entry permit into Thailand.

I am surprised they gave you the option of a donation. Normally if you don't give the correct amount they will just pocket it anyway  :wacko:

Congrats on getting the extension and update  congrats

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2013, 03:29:58 PM »
Just to clarify the Terminology .... what you got from the Form TM 7 was NOT a VISA.

You got an extension of temporary stay in Thailand. Visas are issued in your (or another) country.

No real need to take TG /TW for a retirement extension. Although I am sure it can only help  :biggrin:

TM 8 is for a Re-Entry permit into Thailand.

I am surprised they gave you the option of a donation. Normally if you don't give the correct amount they will just pocket it anyway  :wacko:

Congrats on getting the extension and update  congrats

Thanks,

And yes you are correct about it being a re-entry permit.  I will add that to my data base. 

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2013, 05:13:48 PM »
1900 Baht for Retirement Visa + 1000 Baht for SINGLE Re-entry permit =2900 Baht sounds like you have been had  loco
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:15:20 PM by binnsy »

Offline Albert

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »
1900 Baht for Retirement Visa + 1000 Baht for SINGLE Re-entry permit =2900 Baht sounds like you have been had  loco
I think the 3,800 Baht was for a multiply re-entry visa Binnsy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:38:53 PM by Albert »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »
I think the 3,800 Baht was for a multiply re-entry visa Binnsy.

Yes, I got a multiple entry.  It means if I decide to go to Cambodia or Laos, I just go, no worries.  It also means if I need to go back the states for some reason (my dad is 87), again, no worries, I just go.   

From my standpoint, it is not worth saving 3000 baht going with a single entry visa.  If there is any chance at all of you going to another country, spend the extra and get a multi-entry.   Not worth the hassle in the baht you are saving. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »
BTW, what I am trying to do with my posting is help streamline the process for all. 

I agree, your TG is not needed to get a Retirement Visa "Re-Entry permit", but it made things better for mine to be there.   

There was an earlier post which said expect to spend 2 hour at KCI, I had about 3/4ths of the paperwork done, and I cut 1/2 hour off the time.  Next time, I will have all the paperwork I stated necessary, maybe I can knock another 30 minutes off the time. 

My objective is to identify exactly what paperwork is required so I can have it available the next time have to get a new "Visa", to make things go even faster. 

As I left KCI, 6 more applicants had came in.  If I could have gotten done sooner, they would have been seen sooner. 

Quicker helps us all. 

I readily admit I am a novice at getting "Visas".  I have looked for help on various forums.  None of them have explained it as a 3 step process.  Expert help from expats can be greatly appreciated. 

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:58:13 PM by urleft »

Offline Somnat

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43:24 AM »
KCI have a "hand out" that explains in both Thai and (part) English what paperwork is required for an extension based on meeting the retirement requirements.

It includes the 3 methods of proving funds and is roughly based on the Thai police order (immigration) 777/2551

However, all extensions are at the discretion of the immigration officer at the time of application.

What may be acceptable at one office may not be at another.

Would be good if all BE members post their KCI experiences here so as to assist new and existing members in this yearly process :)   

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
KCI have a "hand out" that explains in both Thai and (part) English what paperwork is required for an extension based on meeting the retirement requirements.

Do you have a copy?  Can you scan and post it here? 

Offline JimNasium

• Contributor with future
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2013, 12:51:06 PM »
Expert help from expats can be greatly appreciated.

Indeed! And it is. Thanks for that information.

Offline Somnat

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2013, 05:58:41 PM »

I do have a copy urleft. Unfortunately I do not have a scanner :(

Next time I am in town i will have it scanned and post it.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2013, 06:05:46 PM »
If anyone in the Buriram area would like help putting the packet together for KCI as described in REPLY #75, message me as I have the facilities to support.  My shop can do the forms (print 2 sided), copies, photo, and scan (of course for a fee).  We are 7 KM north of Buriram city (on the way to Buriram Airport).

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:10:56 PM by urleft »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 06:08:49 PM »

Bring it by and I will scan it for free, and post it. 

PM me with your email and I will send you a map to my shop. 

Offline Somnat

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »

Bring it by and I will scan it for free, and post it. 

PM me with your email and I will send you a map to my shop. 

PM sent urleft :)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2013, 06:38:19 AM »
If anyone in the Buriram area would like help putting the packet together for KCI as described in REPLY #75, message me as I have the facilities to support.  My shop can do the forms (print 2 sided), copies, photo, and scan (of course for a fee).  We are 7 KM north of Buriram city (on the way to Buriram Airport).

That must put you in Ban Yang then????????

I am down that way teaching most Saturday's. I will try to find you some time. Cheers

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick