{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Domestic violence  (Read 22148 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Domestic violence
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 07:49:54 PM »
First class training there Davu.

Left the car doors open and didn't think about the little girl. Quality training.

You need to think alot about this.

You were driving a car. Plates can be noted and written down. You become a very big target.

No matter how many family members you have around they all sleep at night. Understand?

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 07:51:04 PM »
So would you just drive on and mind your own buisness if your saw a child being Raped or beaten...???
I doubt you would and it's not a different situation it's still could be the same guy..

Yes I would.

Especially if I had my own family in the car.

My sense of outrage might overtake prudence if I was on my own.

Doesn't necessarily make it right but I accept natural instinct as an argument.

Regrettably, as Starman pointed out ... it is a no win situation and REMEMBER ..this is Farang vs Thai it is not Yank vs Yank or westerner vs westerner

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
You would drive past and not help a girl who was getting raped and maybe killed??  What a sad world we live in.. I think both points are valid but I could never watch a child being attacked and then I runaway like a Gutless coward..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:54:51 PM by toffo »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 07:55:43 PM »
You would drive past and not help a girl who was getting raped and maybe killed??  What a sad world we live in.. I think both points are valid but I could never watch a child being attacked and then I runaway like a Gutless coward..

Good for you Toffo.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
You've offered another scenario, Toffo.

The OP is talking about a woman being slapped.

But... in fairness the two could be looked at in the same situation.

At the end of the day the man would find you.

That could the lead to you seeing a woman that you love and cherish being beaten by a gang and maybe even a child you love being attacked.

CoCo did mention that if he were alone then "maybe".

His comment about "idiot" was because family were in the car and therefore in immediate danger.

Trust local instinct. Look at the OP and what Davu's wife suggested was the best course of action.

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 08:19:19 PM »
Yup. But I was listening to what I was trained to do, which is why I wonder about what would have happened if I had been a US police officer.

If it were a US police officer he would have had no choice but to intervene.. Once the incident is in public and on the street they are obligated, by law, to intervene.. If the guy attacked him then it would be either a billy club or a taser shot.. Either way the guy would have his ass kicked and then be hauled off to jail.. If he had a gun and pulled it he's dead.. The cop will shoot you..

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 08:23:51 PM »
Yup. But I was listening to what I was trained to do, which is why I wonder about what would have happened if I had been a US police officer.

If it were a US police officer he would have had no choice but to intervene.. Once the incident is in public and on the street they are obligated, by law, to intervene.. If the guy attacked him then it would be either a billy club or a taser shot.. Either way the guy would have his ass kicked and then be hauled off to jail.. If he had a gun and pulled it he's dead.. The cop will shoot you..

Indeed Voodoo. That is why it is a job for the police ....however good or bad they are.

I believe I have their number.

Only Charles Bronson is allowed to be a vigilante.

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »

The above is assuming the incident occurred in the US... Here in Thailand my wife and I would have stopped too... If for no other reason a child was involved.. My wife would've been the first one out of the truck... again to protect the child.. We would both have intervened..

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 08:42:35 PM »
This a a lose lose situation.    No action you take will be correct for the law. 

Based on what I have read I recommend the following:

Hit the scumbag across the head with a tire iron and drive on. Do not look back. 

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:44:12 PM by urleft »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »

The above is assuming the incident occurred in the US... Here in Thailand my wife and I would have stopped too... If for no other reason a child was involved.. My wife would've been the first one out of the truck... again to protect the child.. We would both have intervened..

Again, a huge difference compared to a Farang on their own with kids.

The language is one factor.

Number one rule is do not jeopardise the lives of your loved ones for ANYONE.

Sure, make a noise, holler stand on your horn,. ....... but what if that gut does pull a gun ?

If that makes me a coward then I can tell you now that I would would prefer that to being a dead hero.

Some people think that those who dive in a swirling river/the sea to try and rescue a dog/child/whatever, and subsequently died, are heroes. Sorry,  I don't see it that way and I doubt that their widow/parents/children/grandchildren would either.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »

Again, a huge difference compared to a Farang on their own with kids.

The language is one factor.

Number one rule is do not jeopardise the lives of your loved ones for ANYONE.

Sure, make a noise, holler stand on your horn,. ....... but what if that gut does pull a gun ?

If that makes me a coward then I can tell you now that I would would prefer that to being a dead hero.

Some people think that those who dive in a swirling river/the sea to try and rescue a dog/child/whatever, and subsequently died, are heroes. Sorry,  I don't see it that way and I doubt that their widow/parents/children/grandchildren would either.

Lacking a "like" button again. +1

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 08:53:56 PM »
This a a lose lose situation.    No action you take will be correct for the law. 

Hit the scumbag across the head with a tire iron and drive on. Do not look back.

IN SPADES.. thumbup thumbup thumbup

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 08:58:57 PM »

It is not what I would do, but I can't help liking the positive reaction.

If anyone was looking for a Rambo approach, here we have it.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »

Rambo?   I am no f@@king Rambo.  I have worked with real life Rambos, I was trained by Robert Howard (had personal talks with him):  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_L._Howard

Bob Howard was way more man than I will every be.     

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2015, 09:53:55 PM »

Rambo?   I am no f@@king Rambo.  I have worked with real life Rambos, I was trained by Robert Howard (had personal talks with him):  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_L._Howard

Bob Howard was way more man than I will every be.   

Some things can just be left unsaid.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM