{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Domestic violence  (Read 22156 times)

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Domestic violence
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »
After 3+ years dealing with drunks, druggies, retrobates, etc.   I have yet to have my stance proved wrong. 

You have to be right every time and proven wrong just once. Good luck with your stance.

Mike

+1

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2015, 11:09:52 AM »
Getting back to the point, owning a gun legally in Thailand for most ( but not all ) people is for security, safety and peace of mind IN THE HOME. To have a gun in your car or about your person requires a second license, i.e. to ' carry a firearm '. It is very unlikely any foreigner as in ' non Thai ' would be issued a firearm license in the first place. If your wife or girlfriend has a firearm it is her that can use it, not the ' non Thai ' person. There are very serious implications here. A ' non Thai ' cannot even own a BB gun legally though you can buy them readily. As has been mentioned, get involved in the heat of the moment, wave a ' gun ' at a Thai and you are in for deep sh1t. All of a sudden, you are the criminal and when they inform the police anything they had done would take second place. Like Coco and several others, I'd find it hard not to get involved but a saying I like to keep in my mind is that every action creates a reaction.  In the heat of the moment you jump out of your vehicle and intervene in whatever level you consider appropriate but then when you calm down and drive away ( or whatever ) what comes into your mind is what could now happen to you. Been there, done that and it changed many things for me and the misses.

There is no second license there is only one license and that license is fire arm specific and is also your concealed weapons permit. As you said the odds of a faring getting this license is slim to none.

Who is incorrect ? The Thai gun license for a Thai citizen does NOT permit you to carry your firearm, but that is in our area maybe not yours and probably would also depend on which way the wind is blowing on the day the gun license was issued.   

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2015, 11:14:24 AM »
Getting back to the point, owning a gun legally in Thailand for most ( but not all ) people is for security, safety and peace of mind IN THE HOME. To have a gun in your car or about your person requires a second license, i.e. to ' carry a firearm '. It is very unlikely any foreigner as in ' non Thai ' would be issued a firearm license in the first place. If your wife or girlfriend has a firearm it is her that can use it, not the ' non Thai ' person. There are very serious implications here. A ' non Thai ' cannot even own a BB gun legally though you can buy them readily. As has been mentioned, get involved in the heat of the moment, wave a ' gun ' at a Thai and you are in for deep sh1t. All of a sudden, you are the criminal and when they inform the police anything they had done would take second place. Like Coco and several others, I'd find it hard not to get involved but a saying I like to keep in my mind is that every action creates a reaction.  In the heat of the moment you jump out of your vehicle and intervene in whatever level you consider appropriate but then when you calm down and drive away ( or whatever ) what comes into your mind is what could now happen to you. Been there, done that and it changed many things for me and the misses.

There is no second license there is only one license and that license is fire arm specific and is also your concealed weapons permit. As you said the odds of a faring getting this license is slim to none.

Who is incorrect ? The Thai gun license for a Thai citizen does NOT permit you to carry your firearm, but that is in our area maybe not yours and probably would also depend on which way the wind is blowing on the day the gun license was issued.

Does in my area.

Offline finnomick

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2015, 11:46:55 AM »

Does in my area.

Well there you go.....just remember when you travel with your gun that rules vary from one area to another. It wouldn't be too clever to get caught out.

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2015, 11:53:59 AM »
I may be wrong, but to me - in the above mentioned "private individual passing by" scenarios, the best weapon is the telephone; either talk on it or take video with it; or both.  A private individual (farang) becoming physically involved is probably not a wise choice.

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
 Yeah call the police and they will come Tomorrow haha

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 08:56:08 PM »
After 3+ years dealing with drunks, druggies, retrobates, etc.   I have yet to have my stance proved wrong. 

You have to be right every time and proven wrong just once. Good luck with your stance.

Mike

+1

Since I have been coming to Thailand, number of physical altercations I have been involved = Zero.   

Word has it that at least one responder to this thread cannot say the same. 

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2015, 08:01:55 AM »
Yeah call the police and they will come Tomorrow haha

Not in Buriram admittedly, but I have found police response times to be quite quick and a lot better than my home country!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick