{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New housing developments Buriram  (Read 16102 times)

Offline Thehighlander

• Contributor with future
New housing developments Buriram
« on: March 14, 2008, 06:57:17 PM »
Hi,
I am new to this forum, my girlfriend is from the Nan Rong area. I would be interested to know if anyone knows of any housing developments in the Buriram area other than the one behind "Big C" I want to have a look a some developments first to see if the houses could be modified to European standards ie Euro kitchen and bathroom etc. Any pointers would be welcome. If not it looks like I will have to buy land for girl friend and build our own, problem being as I am on rotation work,I will not be there to oversee the house building,quality control, we will probably need a good clerk of works or an architect to design and oversee the  construction.
Any further information would be a great help.

Offline Herbergier

Re: New housing developments Buriram
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 11:27:43 PM »
I have buy last year a house in a new resort named "Ban Suan Klang 2", on the way fom Buriram to Prakton Chai, just 500m after the elephant on the left and only 2km from the centre of Buriram, they now build more new houses in the resort.

raid71

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 05:42:47 AM »
I think about it is better idea to build house than buy ready. Mostly should ask so many changes their plans. Of course everything depends what want but I have heard about storys that they try to make everything as cheapest as possible for example without kitchen. Me and my girlfriend just bought 440 m2 land near big highway to Bangkok. And we have idea that we design and hire man to work what we want. I think that is the good choice if have no hurry. I think that we will reserve about 2 years to build house. Exactly land is about 2 km from Big C and near small river. Nowadays in that area have only couple of houses but maybe later it will be full. My girlfriend told me that one man who own land in same area would sell land also ! So if you interesting to buy land I could ask more information about that man. We bought our land from Bangkok Bank and price was about 320000 baht. Actually banks sell land and houses much more cheaper than private people ! Have you checked what bank sells ?

Offline Thehighlander

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
Hi Herbergier and Raid,

Thanks for the reply to my post, yes this is my dilemma I am not sure about buying or building. Ideally with no time constraints building would be the option however I have seen some nice designs on estates and resorts that with a little modification could be made more suitable for European/ farang living.
I know that the banks sell land and houses I think you have to be there just at the right time to get the best deal, I also look at the local land offices where they can advise on good land in the local areas.
I have time on my side well a little bit anyway but this area is local for my girlfriend and not too near the family (you know what I mean) your advice is much appreciated and noted thank you for your help.

Thehighlander

HappyinIsaan

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »
Having built 2 houses in Thailand, I would recommend to anyone contemplating the same that they be on-site personally throughout the construction. Even if you lave the site for just a couple of hours the workers will likely cut corners.

Leaving it to others to oversee will almost certainly bring disastrous results. Most Thai "builders" are just odd jobbers, many cannot read plans let alone anything else, and they build what is most suitable for them. Then there is the problem of paying well over the odds for materials if you don't do all the buying yourself.

My advice would be for anyone to be there all the time, buy everything needed personally and just pay a daily rate to all workers. One worker should be designated the boss who will advise re quantities of building materials required.

Offline Thehighlander

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I have thought about this and this always seems an issue in Thailand there are no building regulations so to speak and all building /construction workers do not seem to have any written qualifications. I work away, I am in the oil business here in Libya so me being able to supervise onsite operations concerning the building would be extremely difficult. The other option is to of course employ a Clerk of Works or a Thai speaking architect to supervise all stages of the building. A bit more expensive too
The build quality is very important to me as I am going to retire to this property and do not want to be repairing house problems over the coming years. As you say you already have the experience and have built two houses before. How was the quality of your building workers on the different projects?
I have an idea on how this can be done but I will need good advice to get everything done to the standard that I would like. Thank You for your reply it is very good advice

HappyinIsaan

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »

The other option is to of course employ a Clerk of Works or a Thai speaking architect to supervise all stages of the building. A bit more expensive too
 How was the quality of your building workers on the different projects?
I have an idea on how this can be done but I will need good advice to get everything done to the standard that I would like. Thank You for your reply it is very good advice

Basically I believe you get what you pay for. The locals will work for some 200bt/day, but must be fully supervised. if you hire a professional team, you may get a better job at double or treble the price, but there is no certainty. Even a professional team will employ the locals at rock bottom wages. Whatever, you are unlikely to get the standard you want. This is Thailand, and whilst their best is well short of our standards, it would be luxurious for the vast majority of Thais

I'm not convinced a Clerk of Works or Thai speaking architect will solve the problem. the basic fact is that they are not conversant with Western standards. Maybe you have a farang friend living nearby, who understands a thing or two. That would be the best way to go.

Offline Thehighlander

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:10:24 PM »

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying concerning the Clerk of Works and Architect. The main concern is quality control and this is always going to be a problem if I am looking for European standards. The only way that I believe I can come close to this is if I am there to supervise or as you say I have a Farang friend who can oversee the building. I am gonna have to put some more thought into this, and come up with an action plan.I have time on my side so I will give it some more careful thought. Thanks again for your valued comments.

Offline tangmo

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »
Hello there i have a question about house prices in Buriram .
i'm married to a lady from amphoe muang my wife and i want to build a house in the prakonchai area not far from the elephant statue.

the house  would have 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms ,fully fitted kitchen ,etc....
This would come to a total price of 1.3mb witch i find rather expensive for a house in isaan but it is close to the town center.

what do the members here think about this price ?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »
First of all I advice you to supervise closely on the house develepment and costs involve with this kind of project.

Second; this House costs depand on the land location and quality level of builders and materials,this kind of house you describe ( 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms ,fully fitted kitchen ,etc....) can cost as low as 700K Baht but again,what kind of equipment and meterial will you use to build this house (is:marble floor,standard tiles??).

Go to the area and check land prices in radius of lets say 3km to know land prices then you can estimate the cost of building the house by comparing between 2-3 builders with your personal requirments for the house.

Will be happy to help you more if needed and hope more of our members will advice you as well.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 04:33:29 PM by ADMIN »

Offline tangmo

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 05:04:32 PM »
the land is 1 rai ,the house wil  be 400sqm ,marble floors ,tiles in the bathrooms ,aircon units and two big watertanks at the back of the house,heating units in both bathrooms for hot water.

Will also have government water ,and some landskaping will be done in the garden too .

i have looked at many landprices and it seems to me the closer to the town the more expensive the land is .

There are now many farangs living in that area and they al used the same thai contractor and they recommended him very highly,hes also a good friend of my wifes family .

i dont remember his name not that good in remebering thai names i will ask my wife and post his name here later maybe some of you know him.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
Hi Herbergier and Raid,

Thanks for the reply to my post, yes this is my dilemma I am not sure about buying or building. Ideally with no time constraints building would be the option however I have seen some nice designs on estates and resorts that with a little modification could be made more suitable for European/ farang living.
I know that the banks sell land and houses I think you have to be there just at the right time to get the best deal, I also look at the local land offices where they can advise on good land in the local areas.
I have time on my side well a little bit anyway but this area is local for my girlfriend and not too near the family (you know what I mean) your advice is much appreciated and noted thank you for your help.

Thehighlander

Hi Highlander

Are you dead set on Buriram? I have good land for sale but in Satuk.   Although that is some way from Nang Rong it is very convenient for the airport.
It has first class charnote, on its own private concreted road, electricity plus town water and landline telephone/broadband services available.

TBWG

Offline rainman

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 01:08:06 PM »
Hi Highlander, Im also new to this forum. Im almost finished with building our house just outside Buriram.Its been an experience, as I've been a developer of residentual property in West London, England for the last decade or so. Its quite true what people say, you must have your finger on the pulse at all times. All in all our project has worked out OK, learning a lot along the way. My wife has put a picture of the house on the forum. This she will expand with more pictures. We have a time gap, as Im here with the house and she's back in the UK!
We will be living here pretty much full time as from beginning next year. If you need any help or advice please let me know.

Offline Thehighlander

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »
Hi Rainman/TBWG,

Thank you for your replies concerning building a house in Buriram, I will probably try and kick this off after Christmas 2008, I will need to look at he land issues and get someone to do the building, Rainman your builder looks like he might be the answer?? I work offshore.I am in Libya at present and will be back in LOS at the beginning of August.
Rainman who designed your home? is he local to Buriram and who was the contractor, I am quite interested.
Thank you for your time gentlemen.

The Highlander :)

Offline rainman

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 04:11:49 PM »
Hi Highlander,
As a matter of interest, Up until 1990 I spent the better part of my life working offshore.
Back to the point, find the area and land you want then the type of house you want to go on it. I did'nt take on an architect, what I did was find an already designed house which pretty much suited the size and style that we had in mind,  bought the plans for it and then modified them. This concept is OK as long as you only modify within the given structure ie. dont start moving any loadbearing walls. you can extend extend. This works out an awful lot cheaper than taking on an architect; which is just another head ache. Also within the recommended building price they suggest, all the costings are laid out so you know exactly what should be included in that price. so when you sign an agreement with the builder you have a documented blueprint of what you can expect from him. sorry its so long winded but I needed to explain. The builder I used is OK, but like builders in Thailand has never heard of quality control; they oversee their workers, subbies or their own labour. I soon learnt the reality is that you or someone has to take control of the site and lease with them as to what needs to be done or whats more often the case what needs to be re-done. I learnt this luckily, quite early on. Once this order is estabilished, you can get the quality and finish required, at really no extra cost. I'm pleased with my finished article.

I'll be around a while longer, as I've still got the pool to finish - a different mob but the same story. Then the rest of the garden.
We'll be back again at Chritmas though.
I have'nt mentioned, but we're situated just outside Buriram a village called Nong pai yai. not sure if thats spelled right but it sounds right!!

Anyway Highlander do keep in touch and let me know how you get along

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM