{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: charity event  (Read 23971 times)

Offline wildoates

• Contributor with future
charity event
« on: August 31, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »
This is a Surin/Buriram event

We are in the planning stages of putting together a charity ride on 10 Oct (Sunday). It will start in Surin, we will visit 2 establishments in Surin, ride to Prasat, visit 1 establishment, ride to Coffee Corner visit them, then ride to Buriram to coffee connection and 1 other establishment then finish off in Krasang.....where we hope to acquire some chrome pole attractions......end of ride..... you can come by any means you want, does not have to be a Motorcycle, and you don't have to go to all the places, i.e. Surin then meet up at Krasang, Buriram then meet up at Krasang, Just meet up at Krasang.... entry fee will be 200 baht which will go to Tree of Life orphanage, Each business will be enticing you with a door prize……

Again, still in planning stages, will set up times, routes, put up some flyers, trying to get as many as possible, hope to get some of the Thai riders as well. It will be a great event, fun for all, something no one will want to miss…..Keep tuned here……

any ideas or questions, contact myself, (smoke signals work best) or Rocky at coffee connection.....

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: charity event
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »

Hi Bums

Well it did not take long for the Surin contingent  bike038 to think up another reason to visit the krasang gogo bar!  giggle party3 party1 party3

If the tree of life orphanage gets a few baht out of it so well and good! fastclapping

TBWG sawadi

Offline wildoates

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 05:14:17 AM »
Well the Buriram boys was in the planning as well, eye candy is Addictive... bike037

Offline wildoates

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:31:36 PM »
OK many folks on the Surin Forum is pledging to this event, and some are not even attending...Sponors are kicking in to make this a really good event. who on this board is going to throw money in the Hat, for a good cause....or is Surin going to out do you.......

Offline buriramboy

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 03:20:13 AM »
OK many folks on the Surin Forum is pledging to this event, and some are not even attending...Sponors are kicking in to make this a really good event. who on this board is going to throw money in the Hat, for a good cause....or is Surin going to out do you.......
What is it you really asking for?
from my understand guys will gather to see agogo girl in krasang and call it a charity event. ::)

Offline wildoates

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 06:52:07 AM »
What is it you really asking for?
from my understand guys will gather to see agogo girl in krasang and call it a charity event. ::)

What you have is people paying a small fee  riding/driving to 3 business in Surin, 4 business in Buriram who are all providing to the event and money to the chairty, with the end being a bar that is providing entertainment for all those that come......

I am not asking for anything, I was just letting this board know that the Surin board, is supporting this event, and members, even though they are not attending the event are donating money to the event that will be given to a charity in Buriram..

Dave the Dude

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 07:19:15 AM »
I will go Mike (weather I have a bike going or not.)

I must commend you and Jason for organising this as a way of promoting local businesses and raising money for The Tree of Life Orphanage.

bravo1 bravo1

Offline wildoates

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 07:57:35 AM »
Thanks dave, we were looking at you to be the lead vehicle for the cars and trucks. Just in case some bike or bikers break down on the way  bike038  I just thought that since we were support 4 business in Buriram and the orpanage in Buriram that folks in Buriram would care...seems like folks from sisaket, Pattaya, which could find local entertainment without driving here, riding with us, and staying in local hotels have more to give to charity...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 10:48:52 PM »
Thanks dave, we were looking at you to be the lead vehicle for the cars and trucks. Just in case some bike or bikers break down on the way  bike038  I just thought that since we were support 4 business in Buriram and the orpanage in Buriram that folks in Buriram would care...seems like folks from sisaket, Pattaya, which could find local entertainment without driving here, riding with us, and staying in local hotels have more to give to charity...

Hi wildoates,  bump1

I won't be able to attend the charity event but well done for the thought, look like a well organized trip, hope you do well and drive safety.

I'm sure some from Buriram will want to join. footballscarf

Post phone numbers of yours and Rocky to make it easier to contact each other also outside of the forum.

Keep post us with information and pictures later on. sawadi

Dave the Dude

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »
Hi wildoates,  bump1

I won't be able to attend the charity event but well done for the thought, look like a well organized trip, hope you do well and drive safety.

Post phone numbers of yours and Rocky to make it easier to contact each other also outside of the forum.

I was in Starbeams restaurant yesterday and saw the original artwork by our very talented local Muso/artist extraordinaire (David Thrasher). Some of you guys may know him from playing the Mouth-organ and singing  at Time Out. He has prepared a cartoon style Elephant riding a Chopper bike for the front of the Charity Ride T -Shirt and a sort of map for the back of the T-shirt showing the venues visited. I think they will be very very popular especially as all proceeds are going to charity. Numbers will be limited.

Dave

Dave the Dude

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 08:25:58 PM »

Hi wildoates,  bump1

We have recieved a serious lack of interest from most of our friend over in Buriram, so I suppose we will be visiting a couple of places in Buriram this Sunday and seeing no-one!
 What a great shame as its being televised by Pattaya One TV farang channel and we intend to make it an annual event. So many wasted Business opportunities IMHO! 

Offline bartomeer

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »
I must commend you and Jason for organising this as a way of promoting local businesses and raising money for The Tree of Life Orphanage.

bravo1 bravo1

I second that, it will be nice gesture to the thai community. It will put Surin and Buriram on the map and it is an opportunity, not only for local business but also to have a nice day out. So for once let your heart speak and help the childeren who really can use this support.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
guys, I really don't understand what's the frustration all about....

you make charity event, so go around Surin and Buriram Farang/Thai businesses and ask for donation for the children.. Isn't it all about?..... sawadi

Dave the Dude

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 07:01:47 AM »
Just like to remind you guys that there will be a large group of Bikers (numbers not necessarily our individual size) arriving in Buriram tomorrow afternoon. We will be calling at Coffee Connection, Paddy's Bar and the Orphanage, to present them with presents. After leaving Buriram some will be visiting a GoGo in Krasang, to finish the day off. Pattaya One TV station will be filming the event
All are welcome and obviosly all donations will be grateful received.   thumbup fairydust

vespa013 elephant027 bike037 bike038
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:40:10 AM by ADMIN »

Dave the Dude

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 01:59:50 PM »
Itinery is as follows....

1st stop is at Starbeam Restaurant in Surin,

Starbeam Restaurant – 28-30 Surin Phakdi Road
Eng. Phone # 081-304-7742
GPS coord. N14 53.253 E103 29.577

*Then Hwy 214 South to Prasat

2nd stop is at Ryan’s Resort in Prasat(at approx 12.30).

Ryan’s Resort – on Hwy 24, 6 KM North of Hwy 213 Jct.
GPS coord. N14 37.644 E103 28.036

*Then West on Hwy 24 to Prakhon Chai to Hwy 219 turn right

3rd stop is at Coffee Corner in Prakhon ChaiRay’s Coffee Corner
GPS coord. N 14'36'55.98 O 103'04'42.07

*Then North on Hwy 219 to Buriram

4th stop is in Buriram at Coffee Connection

Coffee Connection
GPS coord. N14 59.457 E103 05.726
Coffee Connection page: http://www.buriramexpats.com/coffee-connection

**We will be stopping at the orphanage before heading to Paddys

5th stop is at Paddyys

*Then East on Hwy 226 to 2208 North to Krasang (see map)

Ending at Krasang at Bar Beer

Bar Beer
GPS coord. N14 55.511 E103 18.383

The Bar Beer will provide the evening’s entertainment…

Total distance is 148 KM

Lodging information
Here it shows the hotels information in Buriram:
http://www.buriramexpats.com/hotels/

Ryan’s Resort has rooms available: Ryans Resort

For Surin info: http://www.starbeam-restaurant.com/

For Buriram info: http://www.buriramexpats.com/

There is also a hotel in Krasang… 500 baht a night, contact Niang (at Bar Beer) at: 085-105-0355
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:59:43 PM by Admin »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM