{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: charity event  (Read 23973 times)

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
Re: charity event
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »

Have a great time folks ~~~~ shame I can't be there! BUT eldest sons wedding in UK must take precedent!
 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038

TBWG sawadi

PS Hope you raise lots of dosh for orphanage!! yeahme

Dave the Dude

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 07:18:06 AM »

Have a great time folks ~~~~ shame I can't be there! BUT eldest sons wedding in UK must take precedent!
 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038 bike038

TBWG sawadi

PS Hope you raise lots of dosh for orphanage!! yeahme

Thanks David
Will post a few pics later.
See you when you get out of the asylum.

Dave

boloa

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 11:07:31 AM »
What a great shame as its being televised by Pattaya One TV farang channel and we intend to make it an annual event. So many wasted Business opportunities IMHO! 

Any news when Pattaya One TV farang channel will be showing this or do you have a youtube link we could watch.?

Offline wildoates

• Contributor with future
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 05:21:27 PM »
I have to share some disturbing news that I have just received.  As you all know, we put on the charity run for the Tree of Life orphanage in Buriram. They are a very good organization and I was very happy to put in a lot of work in support of them.  As we were putting the event together, a few different organizations approached me on sharing donations with them. I told them, that this event was for the Orphanage, and we would look at their needs for future event. Right before the event I was asked by the Shark Riders of Buriram if some of the money could go to a young Blind girl age about 12, who was abused and is now pregnant. It was a sad story to hear, but I had refused others and told them that we had already pledged to the Tree of Life, but if they wanted to put out a collection bucket on the registration table and ask people to donate I was fine with that. Well after the event, and we took the money to the Orphanage, I was then questioned by one of the Shark Riders on how much we kept back for the Blind Girl, I again explained what the event was set for. He informed me that they (the shark riders) had all agreed that money was going to be taken out for the blind girl. I informed him that it was not his event to make that decision.

Well someone from the Shark riders went to the orphanage and talked to the Director, and said many of them only went on the event, with the understanding that some of the money was going to the blind girl, so the director, out of the kindness in his heart, gave back to the Shark Riders 10,000 baht to go to her.

This is very upsetting, the Shark Riders in Buriram gave no extra donations to the event, and they paid the entry fee and bought a few T-shirts like everyone else.  So what they paid, and what they received back, they more than tripled their money if you count all the riders that came from Buriram.  Not bad for just showing up for someone else’s event.

I have been riding motorcycles for 46 years; I have ridden big bikes 40+ years of those. I have ridden with many Motorcycle clubs, large and small. But I have never encountered a group that would have pulled such an underhanded action, done behind the organizer’s backs, which has tarnished an otherwise very happy and positive event.

Dave the Dude

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »
That is a disgusting way to act and although I personally did not organise this event, I feel for those who did.

What must that guy in the orphanage think of us riders? 

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »
That is a disgusting way to act and although I personally did not organise this event, I feel for those who did.

What must that guy in the orphanage think of us riders? 

Sounds as though the Sharks are aptly named!

TBWG sawadi

Dave the Dude

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »
You read my mind, David

Offline Vombatus

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 08:48:30 PM »
Shocking !

There are many worthwhile causes but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

This line can only be drawn by the organisers and Mike was spot on (with whatever he had decided).

My support was to the organisers and whichever beneficiary they chose - I also feel for them, they must be deeply hurt by this action which is IN NO WAY A REFLECTION ON THEM OR WHAT THEY HAVE ACHIEVED.   

boloa

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »
Yesterday Dave the Dude said the Sharks are a good bunch of guys and he would have a drink with then any-time,surprised this thread is still here.Surin Farang took their similar thread off a few  months ago ???

Offline Pee Nuu

• Contributor on the right way
  • huh..??
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 05:09:10 AM »
Yesterday Dave the Dude said the Sharks are a good bunch of guys and he would have a drink with then any-time,surprised this thread is still here.Surin Farang took their similar thread off a few  months ago ???
I'd like to have a drink with Dave one of these days...... party15

Dave the Dude

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 08:36:14 AM »
I'd like to have a drink with Dave one of these days...... party15

As I have already said elsewhere, I think messages were not understood or passed on, and the pressure of organising the event took its toll on some.  reiki1

I have been riding bikes all my life and have never activily joined a club. The work done over here by all of the bike clubs is admirable and to see Thai/Farangs together with mutual interest, can only be a good thing. I am personally, very sorry to lose ANY mates as life is too short to hold grudges. The few times I have seen the Shark Riders In Surin, I have always given them a wave (friendly hand gesture, not BOLOA's bike).  whistle

I would be happy to have a beer with you Pee Nuu (Whoever you are). What bike do you ride. bike037
I think BOLOA's suggestion of taking this thread off or locking it, is a good idea.  bravo1
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:39:55 AM by Dave the Dude »

Offline Pee Nuu

• huh..??
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 08:51:36 AM »
With all due respect, what are you afraid of Dave?

Dave the Dude

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »
Nothing, I am trying to build bridges. is that a bad thing?
I am dealing with a new member of the forum who has not introduced him(her)self in the relevant section,so how could I possibly be 'afraid' of talking to a stranger.

Your a hard one to have a beer with Pee Nuu! You name a time and place and I will be happy to meet you. 

den Buut

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 11:20:38 AM »
I think Pee Nuu's personal text says more about him than he thinks.

Offline Pee Nuu

• huh..??
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
I think Pee Nuu's personal text says more about him than he thinks.
....or cryptic than you might realize.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM