{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 198539 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2019, 07:38:05 PM »
I believe but also not 100% sure, it says Alien (foreigner)

คนต่างด้าว

But Starman will know for sure.

Looks that way @Iammike.
I'm confused. The thai script posted by @Iammike does translate to Alien. Not sure where that came from though, since it is not the thai script that's on the top right of the form I posted.
Mrs. MD says it doesn't make sense, that it's just letters of the Thai alphabet

Imho what you posted is an abbreviation, and the only thing I could make of it is the Thai word for alien, also the Thai word I posted has all 3 of the letters.

If you want to know for sure, then you have to ask Immigration ;)

Offline Mutt Daeng

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2019, 09:04:22 PM »
OK Mike Thanks for the clarification

Offline nanglong218

« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2019, 10:33:39 PM »
Why delve so deeply into the paperwork details?  Mrs 218 and I turned up at Buriram IO at lunchtime having been delayed waiting for the bank letter. Ubonjoe supplied the list of docs needed plus a call earlier informed us a new ROR was needed.  We were seen immediately by the guy who sits at the middle desk.  What a saint he is, he sorted everything with humour and civility. We are lucky when compared to some of the horror stories from BKK or CM. 
I suggest you do the homework, get your docs and photos correct and they'll help you through.
It's just an annual chore.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2019, 11:23:11 PM »
Why delve so deeply into the paperwork details?  Mrs 218 and I turned up at Buriram IO at lunchtime having been delayed waiting for the bank letter. Ubonjoe supplied the list of docs needed plus a call earlier informed us a new ROR was needed.  We were seen immediately by the guy who sits at the middle desk.  What a saint he is, he sorted everything with humour and civility. We are lucky when compared to some of the horror stories from BKK or CM. 
I suggest you do the homework, get your docs and photos correct and they'll help you through.
It's just an annual chore.

That's good news. Maybe you could take the time to let us know how you completed the form that Mutt Daeng posted. There are a lot of questions on there. Did you actually have to write your parents names? Seems to be a rather strange requirement but is there.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2019, 08:40:04 AM »
When I went 3 weeks ago for extension the IO asked a few questions on the form had me write in parents names and sign the form. If I recall correctly only one form was filled in but not every question answered. Both signed it and done.

Offline nanglong218

« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2019, 09:30:09 AM »
I always leave that main form until we get to the office. In the past we've filled the downloaded form, presented it, and had it binned because it's last years.  This year they wanted a new ROR which was easy because we married at Chamni.  The surprise was being barred from access to my 400k until approval when I must go through the bank procedure again.  Minor inconvenience, I had to get the stepkids to send over cash to get us through.
So Deputy, do they want to see your bank book before they stamp your passport?

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #246 on: July 06, 2019, 09:36:27 AM »
When I went 3 weeks ago for extension the IO asked a few questions on the form had me write in parents names and sign the form. If I recall correctly only one form was filled in but not every question answered. Both signed it and done.

This just goes to show that things are not always as simple as they seem. 3 posters here and all with different requirements.

I always leave that main form until we get to the office. In the past we've filled the downloaded form, presented it, and had it binned because it's last years.  This year they wanted a new ROR which was easy because we married at Chamni.  The surprise was being barred from access to my 400k until approval when I must go through the bank procedure again.  Minor inconvenience, I had to get the stepkids to send over cash to get us through.
So Deputy, do they want to see your bank book before they stamp your passport?

The form that Mutt Daeng posted and, seemingly, the form that DeputyDavid "answered a few questions " on is not the main form. Did you need to fill in the form that Mutt Daeng posted?

When you say "ROR" do you mean "KR2", the entry on the marriage register?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 09:40:40 AM by Starman »

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #247 on: July 06, 2019, 11:40:23 AM »
Starman I do not recall exactly. I do remember that the IO started the form after he sent my wife upstairs to update the marriage certificate. He probably realized it was useless to give it to me as it was completely in Thai and might as well make use of the time as everything else was done.

Yes I was given an appointment to bring updated bank book and statement from the account. Only just under 3 weeks from original application date so not sure I will get approval stamp at that time or will get another appointment. End of my current extension is July 16 but he wants banking update July 11.

Offline pagan1

« Reply #248 on: March 07, 2020, 07:01:32 AM »
Went into Buriram yesterday to process my extension at the Main office. Once again Buriram Immigration did a great job and hassle free. I had expected the office to be busy on a Friday afternoon but there was nobody waiting when we arrived. One woman went through all my documents to check I had everything. then passed to  girl who completed the TM 7 and associated docs and then off to the guy who stamped everything, got me to sign the docs and completed the application. All done and dusted in 45 mins.
A couple of things I noted which may be of interest to those about to apply for an extension.
The format of the letter from Kasikorn Bank has changed. This may have been in place for some time and no issue / comment from IO
Due to a cock up in updating my bank book I got a statement from the bank. Statement provided no problem (100B). IO understood the issue and no problem using statement.
Unable to obtain updated KP22 from the Registrars office upstairs and had to nip into town to get a copy. Advised that the computer system (??) has not been working for several weeks at the Main building.
Hats off to Buriram Immigration for a great service and a job well done. I frequently fail to understand the complaining idiots who can not follow simple requirements and complain about visa / extension processes. Like any immigration office the world over if you have all the paperwork and make their job easy your application will be routine.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2020, 09:39:50 AM »
I wonder if the system is up and running in the office upstairs from immigration to get updated marriage certificate?  Any real recent experience with this?  Checking to see if I should just go to Amphur to be on safe side. Thanks for any reply.

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2020, 02:40:56 PM »
DD : you can get a copy from your marriage certificate in any amphur all over Thailand.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2020, 03:07:14 PM »
DD : you can get a copy from your marriage certificate in any amphur all over Thailand.

I think he knows, but the issue is that at some Amphurs there is a Long line waiting and so it's easier at the Immigration Building doing it the same time when visiting Immigration

And also the Kr2 requirement at Buriram Immigration is that it can be a max of 1 day old. There used to be a same day requirement but they seem to have dropped that as it was difficult time-wise to do a Amphur visit and then the Immigration on the same day.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2020, 03:30:39 PM »
Mike, exactly. Between getting the bank letter in the morning as well as half a day at the amphur there may not be enough hours in the day. Just trying to streamline things a bit.

Offline Wozza

« Reply #253 on: May 04, 2020, 09:38:54 PM »
Went to the ampur 3 weeks  ago and no one was waiting , in and out less than in 10 minutes
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:42:07 PM by Wozza »

Offline Wozza

« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2020, 09:44:23 PM »
after the Ampur ,next stop the bank then immigration (stadium) 20 minutes and a home visit the same day , picked up the extension last Friday

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick