{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 198379 times)

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2019, 02:47:49 PM »
Not any more!

Offline Mutt Daeng

• Contributor with future
« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2019, 06:15:16 PM »
When I did my last 90 day report at BI, I asked about the requirements for an extension of stay based on marriage. I was given 2 very similar forms that I have never seen before along with a few others that I recognise. My last extension based on marriage was 2014 at Kap Choeng Immigration. The IO said that I had to complete one form and Mrs MD had to complete the other. Can anyone shed any light as to what the forms (both in Thai only) are and what info they are requesting. Link shows the one that I have to complete. Thanks in advance.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1108509-extend-permit-to-stay-by-1-year-based-on-marriage-new-forms/?tab=comments#comment-14284540
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 06:17:49 PM by Mutt Daeng »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2019, 07:07:30 AM »
When I did my last 90 day report at BI, I asked about the requirements for an extension of stay based on marriage. I was given 2 very similar forms that I have never seen before along with a few others that I recognise. My last extension based on marriage was 2014 at Kap Choeng Immigration. The IO said that I had to complete one form and Mrs MD had to complete the other. Can anyone shed any light as to what the forms (both in Thai only) are and what info they are requesting. Link shows the one that I have to complete. Thanks in advance.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1108509-extend-permit-to-stay-by-1-year-based-on-marriage-new-forms/?tab=comments#comment-14284540

They are requesting basically the same info in Thai from your wife that you provided in english.This is a standard immigration requirement nation wide for marriage extension and will be done every year. Just had an individual get his under consideration approval back in 5 weeks at SI. Khon Khaen has been taking up to 8 weeks for the approval.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2019, 07:15:16 AM »
Seems totally illogical to me that Immigration is there to deal with foreigners entering or staying in Thailand, yet the forms they require completing by said foriegners are written in Thai script.  However, not really surprising as there is not much logic applied  to anything much here in Thailand.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »
Seems totally illogical to me that Immigration is there to deal with foreigners entering or staying in Thailand, yet the forms they require completing by said foriegners are written in Thai script.  However, not really surprising as there is not much logic applied  to anything much here in Thailand.

Another Thai bashing. :o Do you ever have anything positive to add. :P

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2019, 08:19:35 AM »
I thought my comment would perhaps be accepted as positive.  Makes total sense to me if dealing with foreigners, to provide them with information in their native language!. Illogical if you don't.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2019, 08:37:53 AM »
I thought my comment would perhaps be accepted as positive.  Makes total sense to me if dealing with foreigners, to provide them with information in their native language!. Illogical if you don't.

:D :D :D :D

Offline jivvy

• Contributor with future
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2019, 08:43:01 AM »
So how many 'native ' languages should they provide the forms in?
English
German
French
Swahili
Etc.
We are in Thailand, if we do not understand we can always get them translated by our Thai wives

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2019, 09:43:17 AM »

I agree that the forms being in Thai is a non starter. The forms for the extensions are in Thai and English so why not the others?

So how many 'native ' languages should they provide the forms in?
English
German
French
Swahili
Etc.
We are in Thailand, if we do not understand we can always get them translated by our Thai wives

I would think, hope, that most expats here would have a better grasp of English than their wives. I have been in immigration a few times and have heard an expats wife trying to explain what was happening. The guy didn't have a chance.

Therefore I believe it would be sufficient to have the forms in Thai and English.

If there is that much of a problem then why not learn to speak and read Thai, just as I did? That then eradicates the need to depend on your wife.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2019, 10:31:57 AM »

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »
If there is that much of a problem then why not learn to speak and read Thai, just as I did? That then eradicates the need to depend on your wife.
I agree 100%. In my home country having to deal with the public and encountering folks who could not speak the language was frustrating. Now it?s me who can not.

My wife tries to teach me phrases and as I repeat them exactly as she said it she says ?no? and repeats exactly what I just said which does not end well for either of us.

I go to a retail shop and ask for something in Thai and get a response of sorry I don?t speak English. FFS

Are there any real ?Thai as second language ? courses available say at the university? 

I?ve considered going to the local school to ask if I can help in any way and sit in with the first year students to try and learn but because of many issues with my house build and unfinished projects I have not made the time to do this. Not to mention implications with visa and work permit.

It?s becoming quite frustrating for me. I?m not ready to sit home and watch television. I want to be able to communicate effectively.

Off topic I know, done venting. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 12:48:36 PM by Mod »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
I agree 100%. In my home country having to deal with the public and encountering folks who could not speak the language was frustrating. Now it?s me who can not.

My wife tries to teach me phrases and as I repeat them exactly as she said it she says ?no? and repeats exactly what I just said which does not end well for either of us.

I go to a retail shop and ask for something in Thai and get a response of sorry I don?t speak English. FFS

Are there any real ?Thai as second language ? courses available say at the university? 

I?ve considered going to the local school to ask if I can help in any way and sit in with the first year students to try and learn but because of many issues with my house build and unfinished projects I have not made the time to do this. Not to mention implications with visa and work permit.

It?s becoming quite frustrating for me. I?m not ready to sit home and watch television. I want to be able to communicate effectively.

Off topic I know, done venting. Thanks.

Sounds like you are having problems with tones. No amount of study will help with that if you don't speak often.

Just keep practicing with your wife, family and Thai friends. It will soon become easier to get the right tones.

Offline Smithy

« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2019, 01:56:31 PM »

Every/Any form I have ever been asked to fill in from Thai Immigration has always had an English Translation .My guess is that the Two Forms Mutt Daeng has been given are for his Thai Wife to fill in and maybe he has to sign one of them

Here is a Visa Form Directory taken from the Royal Thai Immigration Department site which shows most of the forms you would ever need .......all have English translations on them. ( apart for the Visa on Arrival form for Chinese Nationals  :biggrin: )

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

As jivvy has pointed out " how many 'native ' languages should they provide the forms in ? "

What would be acceptable to you PN ???

We who are English speakers/writers are taken care of by Thai Immigration .Good job you can speak and write English PN , because if you could only read and write Gaelic then you would have a " fadhb "    spot1

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2019, 02:20:28 PM »

Offline Gungchang

« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »
My wife and I visited Buriram Immigration today. We paused to get a letter and statement from the bank. My wife had forms I'd never seen before and she got help, for a price, filling them out. I later learned that she had been asked to pay more than 1900 for the visa. We're both pondering going back to 90 day border bounces.

Home visit is next. 2,000 in the envelope?

I return next month with another letter and statement from the bank.

I return in eight weeks for the extension.  I remember someone posting that Khon Kaen takes up to eight weeks to approve an application. That appears to be true.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick