{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 193839 times)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2015, 09:10:09 AM »
Or would this work ?

If my (current) extension expires, I will go for a 60 day extension (I understand you can get that once) and in the meantime the (local) Tabien Baan of my missus would be ready and I can apply for a new extension. Will this work or not ?

Only pitfall (I think) could be that I have to leave the country to get a new Non-O.

What do you guys think ?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2015, 09:28:31 AM »
The main two are OK but its the other two that have been changed. Wait tell next week and it could change again.

KCI is putting out a 7 page pac of forums . That 7 different forums for marriage.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2015, 09:31:09 AM »
One more question Guys, if the answer is No then I am stuck ;)

Does anyone know if KCI accepts a Fixed Deposit BBL account with the Money required? This account you can cancel at any time but you will lose the remaing interest.

Pattaya accepts this, so I am wondering about KCI.

Thanks

Edit: Will go on the 18th to KCI after we have dropped our Niece off at the School for the Deaf near Prasat.

My understanding is they do BUT they will want to see another account on what you live on. Best come on down and ask.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2015, 09:39:26 AM »

Does anyone know if KCI accepts a Fixed Deposit BBL account with the Money required? This account you can cancel at any time but you will lose the remaing interest.

Thanks

Edit: Will go on the 18th to KCI after we have dropped our Niece off at the School for the Deaf near Prasat.

My understanding is they do BUT they will want to see another account on what you live on. Best come on down and ask.

Thanks again GL.

So no point in having that account then if they also want to see money flowing, of course we have other accounts but never have more then 400k in those accounts.

Pattaya is perfectly oke with just the Fixed Deposit account and the Bank Letter never been asked for other accounts, but different IO different rules. TiT

But will do as suggested and go and talk to them

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »

Thanks

Thanks again GL.

So no point in having that account then if they also want to see money flowing, of course we have other accounts but never have more then 400k in those accounts.

Pattaya is perfectly oke with just the Fixed Deposit account and the Bank Letter never been asked for other accounts, but different IO different rules. TiT

But will do as suggested and go and talk to them

KCI will accept an ATM receipt as proof. But ask.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2015, 03:39:43 PM »
I just came back from KCI, now I wish I hadn't went, the reason being that we where told that if you want to do my 90 days report or extend my visa, I can only do it if I show them an yellow tabien baan.

We showed them the tabien baan of my missus but they wouldn't budge, so foreigners if you come from other province and you want to extend your visa in Kap Choeng get a Yellow House Book and if you can't get one it's......

Wtf very disappointed

Now have to figure out my alternatives.

So i don't have any documents needed for Marriage extensions to show, but they said the fixed deposit account I have is more then enough and I don't need to show any other bankbook with money flowing around.

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »
And it will be different next week.. Incompetent immigration departments with different Rules

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2015, 03:54:29 PM »
They even said mail your 90 day report to Pattaya and when I said they not accept Mail in reports he wouldn't believe me

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2015, 04:27:54 PM »
Could someone visiting Kap Choeng do me a Favour ?

When they change immigration officers there, PM me and I will drive again up there and see if anything has changed.

That Yellow Tabien Baan thing is ... as peope who rent a place  are dependent if the house owner is willing to agree.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2015, 04:31:46 PM »

When they change immigration officers there, PM me and I will drive again up there and see if anything has changed.

That Yellow Tabien Baan thing is ... as peope who rent a place  are dependent if the house owner is willing to agree.

Wont do you no good as that is a standard requirement throughout Thailand. If you rent the Thai owner has to agree.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2015, 04:40:00 PM »

Wont do you no good as that is a standard requirement throughout Thailand. If you rent the Thai owner has to agree.

I don't rent GL my wife owns the properties we live in and that comment was only to see how difficult it can be.

Btw that Immigration information girl in Kap Choeng already said some Amphurs will not issue yellow tabien baan.

And your information on money moving around wasn't an issue and wasn't required as the Fixed Deposit account was more then enough
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 04:45:12 PM by iammike »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2015, 04:51:41 PM »

I don't rent GL my wife owns the properties we live in and that comment was only to see how difficult it can be.

Btw that Immigration information girl in Kap Choeng already said some Amphurs will not issue yellow tabien baan.

And your information on money moving around wasn't an issue and wasn't required as the Fixed Deposit account was more then enough

She is correct  some Amphurs will not issuing a YT. BTW a YT is address specific and if you move you to go to your amphur and get a transfer letter to your new address and amphur after you have registered at the address you will be given a new YT and the old YT is returned to the old address. Glade things worked out for you today.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2015, 04:56:28 PM »
What do you mean by "glad things worked out for you today" ?????

If you read my post from 15:39 I didn't get ANYWHERE with KCI, can't do anything NO extension NO 90 day report there at KCI if I don't get a Yellow House Book so basically will be left with getting extensions in Pattaya and doing 90 days report via Internet if the Amphur refuses me one.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:00:05 PM by iammike »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2015, 06:51:53 PM »

This was tested out by 2 guys in Ban Kruat last month. We all knew the rule had chamnged.

Both had purchased extensions from Jomtien. One had a yellow book (but deliberately left it in the car), the other didn't have a yellow book.

They would not accept the 90 day report from the first guy. They said he needed a yellow book -"Got one it's in the car"..... "Go get it and you do your report".

The second guy went up and was refused - only after some pleading by the first guy (saying that they were in sync with their reporting and a yellow book would be obtained next time) was the report accepted.

I am aware that there are several people doing 90 reports for expats living in Buriram - the price is between 300 and 500 Baht a time.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »
Thanks CoCo, but I am not on a purchased Extension, and I doubt it if that is even possible with extensions of stay based on Marriage as that is not decided by the local IO but must be sent to immigration headquarters of the region who will make the decision/approval that is why the approval can take up to one month. And in this case I believe for KCI the headquarters is Korat.

The 90 days that I can't do them there is not a big deal, but that I can't do the extension in KCI in June is. It means for me at this moment in time the following

- need to get a Yellow Book, but if my district refuses I'm fcked ;)
- do a new extension of stay in Pattaya which means I have to stay a long time (3-4 weeks) in Pattaya :(
- Go to Laos and get a multiple Entry Non-O which means I have to leave every 90 days (but how long will this option be around ????)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick