{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage  (Read 196829 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Non Immigrant O Extension Based on Marriage
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »
Korat is the regional head office.

All marriage extension applications for southern Issan must be sent there for approval.

I think, but don't quote me on this, that marriage extensions applied for in Buriram, Surin, Sissaket and Ubon (for sure, but there could be more) are all sent to Korat.

All of issan is region 4 immigration including KK and UT. Korat is region 4 headquarters. Turn around for an extension of marriage is normally under 2 weeks.

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »
That is correct, although may vary from province to province.

Buriram labour office most certainly will not issue a work permit on an extension for retirement.

I got one 2 years ago GL as my retirement visa extension did NOT have a 'not permitted to work' stamp but neither the less, I do agree that they do seem hard to get now. Better longterm with a 'B' visa. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2014, 10:02:55 PM »
That is correct, although may vary from province to province.

Buriram labour office most certainly will not issue a work permit on an extension for retirement.

I got one 2 years ago GL as my retirement visa extension did NOT have a 'not permitted to work' stamp but neither the less, I do agree that they do seem hard to get now. Better longterm with a 'B' visa.

or as others do, a work permit is granted on a marriage extension but the down side on an marriage extension is if you and your true love split the sheets technically on the day you sign for the big D you have to get your arse to immigration and for 1900 baht they will give you a 7 day extension, it is NOT automatic.

Offline Nobby

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2014, 08:59:09 AM »
or as others do, a work permit is granted on a marriage extension but the down side on an marriage extension is if you and your true love split the sheets technically on the day you sign for the big D you have to get your arse to immigration and for 1900 baht they will give you a 7 day extension, it is NOT automatic.

Been there done that, HaHa!

Actually, although not strictly by the books, but KCI told me not to bother until that years extension had expired. I also visited a 2nd Imm Office and they told me the same thing.

Shock horror, someone using the rules with a bit of common sense.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »
Anyone on a extension of stay based on Marriage that got his/her extension at KCI has an uptodate list of paperwork needed ?

I am currently on this extension but got it in Pattaya and as we are spending most of our time here, I will (try) to apply for the extension when it's due in KCI.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2015, 04:09:57 PM »
While I have never done a marriage extension, probably most of the current forms are here: 

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,8136.0.html

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2015, 04:48:18 PM »
Thanks.

Oke then another question as with a marriage extension you have to jump a lot more hoops then with retirement ;) what are the Photo requirements that the IO wants to see ? Outside, Inside, how many and also do you need a witness at KCI ?

Offline Nobby

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2015, 04:53:40 PM »
Thanks.

Oke then another question as with a marriage extension you have to jump a lot more hoops then with retirement ;) what are the Photo requirements that the IO wants to see ? Outside, Inside, how many and also do you need a witness at KCI ?
When I had a marriage visa a few years ago they wanted a shot ouside of house , One showing you 2 with house/road number at entrance of house, one inside bedroom showing wardrobe full of clothes and another with Thai family.

This was a while ago so up to date info is worth checking too.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »
Thanks.

Your forums are outdated Keith. KCI has come out with a couple of new ones. Also make sure you have at least 3 new photos of you an yours about the house one of these showing you and her with your address. Also a hand drawn map to your address and an updated KR2 from the amphora office. I will be doing my 4th marriage extension at KCI next. If you need a set of the forums best is either make an extra trip to KCI or just give your self some extra time. Remember when you turn this paper work in they need two sets of everything as they keep a sett at KCI and the originals go to Korat for approval.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2015, 07:08:55 PM »
Thanks.

Your forums are outdated Keith. KCI has come out with a couple of new ones. Also make sure you have at least 3 new photos of you an yours about the house one of these showing you and her with your address. Also a hand drawn map to your address and an updated KR2 from the amphora office. I will be doing my 4th marriage extension at KCI next. If you need a set of the forums best is either make an extra trip to KCI or just give your self some extra time. Remember when you turn this paper work in they need two sets of everything as they keep a sett at KCI and the originals go to Korat for approval.

You do not need any witness at KCI BUT when they come to your house you will.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
Thx GL.

I think it's better if we beforehand goto KCI and ask about the requirements but more importantly if they allow us to do the extension as my misses doesn't (yet) have a Local Tabien Baan (Tabien Baan will be another 1-2 months) but we can  (hopefully) use her Brothers address.

If we go I will most certainly drop by your place for a cup of .... ;)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2015, 07:36:54 PM »
Thx GL.

I think it's better if we beforehand goto KCI and ask about the requirements but more importantly if they allow us to do the extension as my misses doesn't (yet) have a Local Tabien Baan (Tabien Baan will be another 1-2 months) but we can  (hopefully) use her Brothers address.

If we go I will most certainly drop by your place for a cup of .... ;)

Sounds like a good idea. We are bouncing between the Old M&D and our new adobe which is coming along so if yo show up at the shop and we are not there give me a call 0861867267 and I can come and get you in 5 minutes.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »

Your forums are outdated Keith.

Dave, which forms? 

I can believe it, but the forms I provided were current as Feb.   And the same froms are from the KCI instuction packet I obtained there in Feb.

The two new forms were the stay and penalty form.  So what has been updated?  Can you provide scanned copies?  Maybe the new KCI instuction packet?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:45:48 PM by urleft »

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2015, 08:58:51 PM »
The main two are OK but its the other two that have been changed. Wait tell next week and it could change again.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2015, 08:40:15 AM »
One more question Guys, if the answer is No then I am stuck ;)

Does anyone know if KCI accepts a Fixed Deposit BBL account with the Money required? This account you can cancel at any time but you will lose the remaing interest.

Pattaya accepts this, so I am wondering about KCI.

Thanks

Edit: Will go on the 18th to KCI after we have dropped our Niece off at the School for the Deaf near Prasat.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:42:36 AM by iammike »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM