{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Police to enforce traffic laws  (Read 5311 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Police to enforce traffic laws
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:52:39 AM »
Police to enforce traffic laws
Published: 11/07/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: NewsViolators of traffic regulations will no longer escape scot free under a fresh police campaign on road safety.

The Traffic Police yesterday launched a traffic awareness campaign to ensure road and pedestrian safety, traffic police chief Weerapat Tansrisakul said.

The campaign was launched out of concern that more and more road users were violating traffic rules to the detriment of others.

Pol Maj Gen Weerapat said the initiative aimed to raise public awareness of road safety and enforce compliance with traffic rules to reduce fatalities on roads and ease traffic congestion.

Under the campaign, the traffic law would be strictly enforced for road users who flouted the rules, Pol Maj Gen Weerapat said.

For example, drivers risk up to a 1,000 baht fine if they fail to stop their car for pedestrians at a zebra crossing while pedestrians face up to a 200 baht fine if they do not use the crossings, he added.

The first leg of the campaign will kick off on Wednesday at the Asoke-Mitramaitree zebra crossing to put the public on alert for their safety through the use of pedestrian crossings.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Police to enforce traffic laws
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 01:37:42 PM »
What a joke...........They should enforce the laws relating to having a licence to drive a m/cycle,only 2 occupants on one & both wearing helmets,,,,if they started to dish 1,000 baht fines out for each of the above ,then the Thais MIGHT just start to take notice..............

dave the dude

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 02:26:34 PM »
What a joke...........They should enforce the laws relating to having a licence to drive a m/cycle,only 2 occupants on one & both wearing helmets,,,,if they started to dish 1,000 baht fines out for each of the above ,then the Thais MIGHT just start to take notice..............

I agree. They should also try stopping a few HiSo Mercs & Beemers instead of just the poor.

Dave

Lourens

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
Instead of just paying the 200 Baht spot fine, ask for a receipt next time (because there will be a next time). I just pisses me off to no end to hand over 200 Baht to a guy in uniform wearing a mask so you can't see his face and making some lame-ass excuse that you passed another car or crossed a line. This is pure bullshit and it's got to stop. I will go even further to take as much details as possible to report to the next station. This happened to me between Surin and Prasat, Between Lam Plai Mat and Korat and between Chanta Buri and Trat. Also on two occasions in sweet old Buriram itself. Maybe it's because I'm a farang driving a new car and I get targeted, I don't know, but it is not right.  steamingMad

dave the dude

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 07:59:43 PM »
Instead of just paying the 200 Baht spot fine, ask for a receipt next time (because there will be a next time). I just pisses me off to no end to hand over 200 Baht to a guy in uniform wearing a mask so you can't see his face and making some lame-ass excuse that you passed another car or crossed a line. This is pure bullshit and it's got to stop. I will go even further to take as much details as possible to report to the next station. This happened to me between Surin and Prasat, Between Lam Plai Mat and Korat and between Chanta Buri and Trat. Also on two occasions in sweet old Buriram itself. Maybe it's because I'm a farang driving a new car and I get targeted, I don't know, but it is not right.  steamingMad

Hi Chris
It too winds me up but here is a tip to help......

Always carry a bag of sweets in the car and as soon as you are stopped and before he speaks (very Important=face saving) hand him a bundle of sweets and say you have no money.
It has worked a few times for me!

Dave

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »
Interesting.. I never tried.  But what candies in the car in this heat .. confused1

Lourens

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 09:45:33 PM »
Thanks Dave. It sounds like a good idea. I find saving face very difficult in these circumstances. It's worth a try.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 11:01:20 AM »

Hi Chris
It too winds me up but here is a tip to help......

Always carry a bag of sweets in the car and as soon as you are stopped and before he speaks (very Important=face saving) hand him a bundle of sweets and say you have no money.
It has worked a few times for me!

Dave
I've actually done that using home-grown Bananas,got stopped not to far from Ban Bueng near Chonburi,handed some over & shook hands,no money either...............

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick