{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Making the best Buriram Hamburger using local meat  (Read 8428 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Making the best Buriram Hamburger using local meat
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »

I finally figured out how to get a fantastic hamburger here in Buriram.  A good hamburger is my favorite food item, and I did find some gourmet burgers from Bangkok however sometimes difficult to obtain.  But I have learned to make them here.

The most important part is to forget about finding ground beef, grind or mince your own from steak. 

In this case I found a frozen chuck of ribeye at Makro, 1.3 kilo for about 500 baht.  I made 10 burgers (130 grams) which works out to 50 baht a burger. 

Plan on grilling tonight and should be able to provide updated pics. 

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Making the best Buriram Hamburger using local meat
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »
I been making my own Hamburgers for years.
I just buy minced pork from Tesco,chop up an onion,add an egg ( eggs depending on the amount of minced pork ) some Pork powder and a dash of Oyster Sauce.
Once mixed I spoon Minced Pork into small Plastic Bags ( 3 1/2" x 7 " , the hard polyethene type bags )

Once the bags are half full I fold them over and tap them flat into square patties
If cooked from frozen they never fall apart but quite often I get one out from the fridge the night before .I cook the minced Pork and once cooked I add it to some beaten eggs and make a nice Pork Omelette.( A nice low carb breakfast or light lunch with a little salad )

So for about 100 Baht you can make 10-12 Burger and have portions of minced pork at the ready that can be used for all sorts of Thai and English recipes once defrosted  :biggrin:

Tassie

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:30:38 PM »
You people are making me hungry.
Great practical and economic ways to make hamburger patties.
Regards

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 07:49:04 PM »

hungry1

Well the burgers turned out very well, the typical comment was they were the best they had in Buriram (4 other guys shared).  They were very surprised it was made with local beef.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:51:07 PM by urleft »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 06:59:47 PM »
One of the problem with using Ribeye steaks is that fat does not always integrate properly with the burger, but it seems round steaks (ground round) does better.  The Buriram Makro usually has a selection of fresh (not frozen) round steak.  If you choice wisely you can pick some OK meat for grinding. 

However, look closely before buying as they will often try to pass crappy portions (e.g. total fat on back side). 

I got about 2 Kilos of round steak, ground in Hamburgers, and am really happy.  Ended up with 6 large burgers.

Furthermore I made a bunch of dill hamburger slices using local cucumbers and they turned out much better than I expected. 
I have been advised to avoid breads so I put the cooked burger in lettuce.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick