{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: US Tourist Visa  (Read 342 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
US Tourist Visa
« on: September 28, 2017, 07:35:28 PM »
On our 5th try my wife got a 10 Year Tourist visa to the USA.  What she noted was there is a significant attitude change at the US Embassy.  She said they were friendly and helpful. 

It may be that this new extreme vetting means following the law and regulations.  So there may be hope for those that want their significant other to get a tourist visa. 

Online gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: US Tourist Visa
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:11:38 PM »
On our 5th try my wife got a 10 Year Tourist visa to the USA.  What she noted was there is a significant attitude change at the US Embassy.  She said they were friendly and helpful. 

It may be that this new extreme vetting means following the law and regulations.  So there may be hope for those that want their significant other to get a tourist visa.

Great to hear this. We just returned at the end of July after a 3 months visit to Virginia. This was the wife finally trip as her 10 visa expired June 5. At some point she will apply for another 10 year visa and it will be done at the U S Consult in Chiang Mai where she received her original 10 year visa. I have always said that unless it was an emergency there is no way in hell I would use the US Embassy in Bangkok. Now take your family for a holiday and have a great time.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 08:27:17 PM »
I have 2 trips bought so far.  Plan to see my dad next month so he can meet his grandchild. 

Disneyland is on the schedule.  Been busy trying to schedule all the activities. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 06:30:22 PM »
Trip to the USA went fair smooth.  Some changes:

-  You have to use a Kiosk to enter, there are no agent lines.  I used the US Passport line, all 3 of us were grouped at the kiosk.  However, the TW had then go to a separate line to talk to an immigration agent.  The daughter having a US Passport did not have that issue. 

-  The GOES Kiosk will not support non GOES family members.  However, we used the GOES customs line to exit, 5 people in line vrs 100. 

-  The TW was given the "TSA PRESCREEN" so we did not need to remove shoes, computers from bags, etc.  I inputed her US Military ID Card control # on her plane reservation, I was told by an MG that meets the prescreen criteria. 

-  The 10 year tourist visa allows her mulitiple entries for a max of 6 months at a time. 

-  Over my objections she brought a bag of Thai Peppers with her, customs after checking the bag allowed it  (1st time US customs checked anything I brought from Thailand). 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »
While in the USA I got 2 T Mobile sim cards @ $30 ea.  Had US phone #'s  and internet while in the US.  However, this plan is only good for 21 days:

https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-international-tourist-plan

Offline mudcat

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »
We always bring back both store bought and home prepared Thai foodstuffs and declare them on our customs form.  Earns us a friendly inspection but avoids having a flag put next to our passport numbers  for non-disclosure and getting a hostile inspection.  Going to try raw honey next trip.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: RENT HOUSE NEAR CITY by house for rent
Today at 06:19:49 AM

Re: Jokes by Tassie
Yesterday at 11:18:12 AM

Re: Jokes by Tassie
Yesterday at 11:03:16 AM

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia by iammike
Yesterday at 08:47:41 AM

Re: Driving in Thailand by Tassie