{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: New York boy, 12, 'demands chicken nugget at gunpoint ...  (Read 8733 times)

Offline Adam

• Active member on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
New York boy, 12, 'demands chicken nugget at gunpoint ...
« on: January 13, 2017, 11:27:23 PM »
This is reported on all the major news networks including Fox, CBS and BBC, so don't shoot the messenger.

A 12-year-old boy is accused of pulling a gun on a girl and demanding one of her chicken nuggets, New York police say.

They say he asked for a nugget in a McDonald's fast food outlet in Harlem on Tuesday.

When she refused, he is then alleged to have followed her to a nearby subway station and held the gun to her head.

She pushed the gun away and boarded the train, and he was later taken into custody, police say.

The New York Police Department says the gun has not been found, and it remains unclear whether it was real or a replica.

They say the boy was released on Thursday, and the case has been referred to the family courts.

Only in the land of the free would a child use a get to get fast food!!!

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: New York boy, 12, 'demands chicken nugget at gunpoint ...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 04:30:29 AM »
Sadly,it could only happen in one country

Offline BillH52

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 06:38:10 AM »
Yes; a problem to be sure.  So much worse than local news in UK:

As the death toll from knife attacks rose further yesterday - with two more lives lost in London - there were shocking signs that the epidemic of knife crime is now blighting younger and younger lives.  Unlike gunshot wounds, hospitals are not required to report knife wounds to law enforcement.

Boy, 12, robbed two shops and man at knifepoint in Dagenham
Girl, 9, 'robbed at knifepoint by 10-year-old boy trying to steal her games console - The Daily Mail
Child Steals Halloween Candy at Knifepoint - The Daily Meal

Lets face it; the whole world is going bonkers in each, their own way.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 07:05:42 AM »

As the death toll from knife attacks rose further yesterday - with two more lives lost in London - there were shocking signs that the epidemic of knife crime is now blighting younger and younger lives.  Unlike gunshot wounds, hospitals are not required to report knife wounds to law enforcement.

Girl, 9, 'robbed at knifepoint by 10-year-old boy trying to steal her games console - The Daily Mail

Hmm...... New York or Dagenham................... that's a tough one.

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 09:37:36 AM »

I think you made the last one up Bill, I went to the website of the Daily Meal and they had nothing about your story, just recipes for Halloween food!!   :biggrin:

Offline BillH52

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 04:21:35 PM »

[/quote]

I think you made the last one up Bill, I went to the website of the Daily Meal and they had nothing about your story, just recipes for Halloween food!!   :biggrin:
[/quote]

You think I made something up?  I am not in the habit of doing that sort of thing, sir. 
www.thedailymeal.com/child-steals-halloween-candy-knifepoint/110114

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 05:23:50 PM »

You think I made something up?  I am not in the habit of doing that sort of thing, sir. 

Slow Down Bill, I think Adam was joking because he saw the website (as you didn't post a link to the article) and thought it was food (recipes) only. I had the same impression to be honest. I personally thought that you made a typo instead of "Daily Mail" wrote "Daily Meal" but I stand corrected ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:33:24 PM by iammike »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 07:37:18 PM »
It looks like its time for me to start 'highlighting events again............Just to keep the Americans in check!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:44:47 PM by Mod »

Offline BillH52

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »

Slow Down Bill, I think Adam was joking because he saw the website (as you didn't post a link to the article) and thought it was food (recipes) only. I had the same impression to be honest. I personally thought that you made a typo instead of "Daily Mail" wrote "Daily Meal" but I stand corrected ;)
A link to the article?  A simple cut and paste takes you right to it.  Might need to use a decent search engine, but really a very simple thing.  Even I was able to do it. 

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 09:58:41 PM »

A link to the article?  A simple cut and paste takes you right to it.  Might need to use a decent search engine, but really a very simple thing.  Even I was able to do it.

A link to the article in your orginal post I meant. B..d. H... what is with all these insults on the BE expats forum nowadays.

I'm outta here

Offline Adam

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 12:28:01 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

OH DEAR, we are a touchy lot in Buriram at the moment aren't we.

Yes as indictaed by the smiley  :biggrin: I was indeed joking. You quoted Daily Meal, I thought it was a typo and you meant the Daily Mail. I searched Daily Meal and it was a website with food recipes.

I apologise to you if you were offended, but may I suggest that you go and have a beer with urleft and chill the f out! There is little point posting anything on this forum these days as most of you appear to be in a constant bad mood. Life is short, enjoy it.

Offline Adam

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 12:50:45 AM »

Just to show that I can be as petty, pedantic and pathetic as some on here lately. Bill you state above that "Yes; a problem to be sure.  So much worse than local news in UK:"

You do, of course realize that the story about the Halloween candy was a story from an incident in Austria, which as I am sure you are aware is not in the UK.

There, does it make me feel better or superior, no it does not, it simply makes me not want to come on this web site as every time I post anything it seems to upset people.

When I am home in Thailand, you will not see me posting on these forums, only when I am away from my family working, I suggest you all do the same and enjoy your lives rather than being so petty on a forum.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 12:52:24 AM by Adam »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 05:59:01 AM »
Well stated Adam

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way

Offline Ahab

• Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 07:18:50 AM »
I am sure the gun was legally purchased and all laws were being followed. NYC has some of the strictest gun laws in the USA I wonder what could have gone wrong?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick