{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Life with the Thai Wife  (Read 6095 times)

Online urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Life with the Thai Wife
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 01:18:44 PM »
We've got 3. Still had several occasions in past 3 years where connected bottle runs out and wife tells me we have to get gas, all bottles empty. Women!!

And Freddy's observation fits into this thread.  We have several items that we need to replace before we exhaust our stock such a copier paper.  However what usually happens is that the TW tells me when it's all gone, not when the last pack was taken. 

I have started to take several items from the store and keep it at our home, that is only 50% effective as the wife will often take the item without mentioning it.  I sometimes revert to my Army days and try to do a daily inspection, but even that is not effective as women do not put things in the same place.  They like to move things around for some reason.

Offline 3legdog

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 06:00:37 PM »
" living under a sheet of tin in a rice field somewhere. "

kamoybeer What's wrong with living on a rice paddy?

The PM has established a new rule here. Was so sure a mangy soi dog dragged my gumboots off, going down to check the blind spots!

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 07:28:40 AM »
It's called "organizing ". Wife does it. Can't find a darn thing when she is done!

Online urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2017, 08:57:58 AM »
 In the USA our female population seems to believe that it is against the law for a man (husband) to leave the toilet seat up, and we being wimps change our behavior struggling to keep tranquility in the house.  Not sure if other expats had the issue.  It was suggested that we start enrolling the women in the course "You too can learn to put the seat down". 

After 8 years of coming to Buriram I have yet to receive a single complaint about me leaving the seat up, that despite being surrounded by 6 females.  Now I will admit that it was a non issue the first year as they only had a Thai Toilet. 

Online Freddy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »
Freddy is alive and will continue to leave the toilet seat up whenever he pleases.

Online urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2017, 09:14:37 PM »
Freddy is alive and will continue to leave the toilet seat up whenever he pleases.

LOL, I was only going to post the 1st two pics until I saw "Freddie" and decided it needed to be shared specifically with you.

Online urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2017, 08:32:33 AM »
I cannot get my TW to understand the concept of that when you take the last item you then replace it.  Case in point this morning the daughter was using the toilet, there were 2 sheets of TP left, so I reached under the sink to get a replacement roll, there was none.  In the stockroom there were well over 10 rolls.

I can almost understand as before me they did not buy TP, they just used water.  However they now use TP obviously as I was not the one to take the last roll as I would have replaced it. 

On the plus side I know when we run out of TP stock as I am the only one that replaces it.  When the stockroom supply is gone (because I took the last roll) I put the empty package by the front door as a reminder to restock.  That method worked when I lived alone, however what usually happens is the TW will put the empty package in the trash before we replenish.

Online iammike

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 11:51:43 AM »
A picture is worth a thousand words

Online Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2017, 11:59:06 AM »
Why change?

The use of water to clean the nether regions is far more effective and hygienic tha toilet paper. Not to mention cheaper and more convenient.

Online iammike

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2017, 12:05:16 PM »
Why change?

The use of water to clean the nether regions is far more effective and hygienic tha toilet paper. Not to mention cheaper and more convenient.

Please don't let this turn into a Bum gun Discussion. 5555 (we have TV for that ;) )

Online Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2017, 01:17:20 PM »
Why change?

Please don't let this turn into a Bum gun Discussion. 5555 (we have TV for that ;) )

Not at all iammike. Just saying that's all.

I was always taught "if it isn't broken then why try to fix it"

Online urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »
Thai's have little concept having a lawn and using a power mower.  We had part our front sodded so I bought a gas powered mower, until then the "lawn" maintenance was done by 3 ladies over several days manually digging up the vegatation using a Thai shovel/hoe.  And we have know made a lot of our yard into mowable areas, however the Mom does not understand that.  She will plant banana trees in the area and sow rocks around them, cut down trees obstructing the mowers, leave items in the yard (e.g. it was a butcher knife the other day, lucky I saw it before I mowed over it), and then put supports in middle of the mowing area. 

I told the TW to get rid of the banana trees in the middle of a mowing areas, these things will spread out bascially destroying my lawn. 

But I think I am slowly educating on what to do for a lawn and maybe in the next week or so the banana trees will be gone.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Jokes by urleft
Today at 07:59:08 AM

Re: Experiments in Potatoes by urleft
Today at 07:48:51 AM

Re: Experiments in Potatoes by Phantom
Today at 07:32:52 AM

Re: Experiments in Potatoes by CO-CO
Yesterday at 06:46:05 PM

Re: Experiments in Potatoes by urleft