{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buriram immigration office?  (Read 100456 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Buriram immigration office?
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2016, 02:01:55 PM »
Poipet has been infamous for difficulties for many years.

The other post involves tourist visas and, most importantly. a Laos national.

I would not let those posts bother you.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »
Poipet has been infamous for difficulties for many years.

The other post involves tourist visas and, most importantly. a Laos national.

I would not let those posts bother you.

True, but as said I like to have contingency plans just in case they are "cracking" down. The money for the Extension based on Marriage I have already in the account, and just in case the next time we go to Pattaya I will transfer the money to my Buriram Savings account and open a new Fixed Deposit account here. Still unfortunately too young to get an extension based on Retirement.

Offline KhunG

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2016, 08:31:43 PM »
I did my retirement extension, re-entry permit, and 90 day report today at the Buriram Immigration office.

We arrived at 08:30 just when they opened, and ran into a problem right away.  I had all the forms and copies as shared by the great folks on this board, but my letter from the bank was dated yesterday, and my last transaction on the account was dated 1 November.  They wanted those to be the same date.  So I had to go downtown, make a small withdrawal, update my account book and get a new letter.  At least the Buriram branch didn't charge 100 Baht for the letter like the PC branch does.

I got back to BI and everything was fine.  I walked straight up to the desk, the officers were very friendly, and we talked about how lucky we were because usually they are quite busy but I saw a total of four Farangs come in during the two visits this morning, and three were 90 day reports.  In and out in 1/2 hour.  No home visit necessary, full year extension.

If the online 90 day report keeps working (I've done 5 online so far) doing this once a year is painless.
KhunG, can you confirm exactly which forms you submitted?
Was the Immigration "Income" Form (see attached) one of them?
Does anyone have an English translation of this form?

No, I just do the bank balance method.  A letter from my bank and my updated bank book, so no additional forms beyond the TM7 for the retirement extension.

Offline buckwhelk

« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2016, 08:43:33 PM »
I did my retirement extension, re-entry permit, and 90 day report today at the Buriram Immigration office.

We arrived at 08:30 just when they opened, and ran into a problem right away.  I had all the forms and copies as shared by the great folks on this board, but my letter from the bank was dated yesterday, and my last transaction on the account was dated 1 November.  They wanted those to be the same date.  So I had to go downtown, make a small withdrawal, update my account book and get a new letter.  At least the Buriram branch didn't charge 100 Baht for the letter like the PC branch does.

I got back to BI and everything was fine.  I walked straight up to the desk, the officers were very friendly, and we talked about how lucky we were because usually they are quite busy but I saw a total of four Farangs come in during the two visits this morning, and three were 90 day reports.  In and out in 1/2 hour.  No home visit necessary, full year extension.

If the online 90 day report keeps working (I've done 5 online so far) doing this once a year is painless.
KhunG, can you confirm exactly which forms you submitted?
Was the Immigration "Income" Form (see attached) one of them?
Does anyone have an English translation of this form?

No, I just do the bank balance method.  A letter from my bank and my updated bank book, so no additional forms beyond the TM7 for the retirement extension.
I also use the bank balance method but KCI completed the "income" form for me.
So you didn't submit the "acknowledgement of conditions of extension of stay" or the "acknowledgement of the penalties of overstaying" ?

Offline KhunG

« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2016, 08:51:19 PM »
So you didn't submit the "acknowledgement of conditions of extension of stay" or the "acknowledgement of the penalties of overstaying" ?

Nope.  TM7, pre-filled, copy of main page and all stamped pages of passport, photo, copy of bank book, bank letter, copy of TW's house book, copy of her ID, 1900 Baht.  That's it.

For the re-entry permit, TM8 pre-filled, copy of main page and all stamped pages of passport, 1000 Baht for single re-entry, which I probably won't even use.  I didn't use last year's.

Offline buckwhelk

« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2016, 09:13:14 PM »

Nope.  TM7, pre-filled, copy of main page and all stamped pages of passport, photo, copy of bank book, bank letter, copy of TW's house book, copy of her ID, 1900 Baht.  That's it.

For the re-entry permit, TM8 pre-filled, copy of main page and all stamped pages of passport, 1000 Baht for single re-entry, which I probably won't even use.  I didn't use last year's.
Excellent. Thanks very much KhunG. I never give immigration anything that they don't ask for, in case it "raises the bar" for others.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2016, 06:13:40 AM »

Thanks KhunG, I stole your post and added to the Dummies thread.

Offline Tod Daniels

« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2016, 08:07:20 AM »
That you guys don't raise a stink about the hoops those immigration officers make you jump thru concerning "imaginary policy" wobbles my mind.

There is an immigration policy stating a bank letter is good for 7 days from the date it's issued and if you're using an embassy letter it's good for 6 months.

True, you must show your bank balance on the day you apply, so for people who have regular savings accounts, but don't use Bangkok Bank, (which can do a balance print without a transaction at the counter of the bank) this means doin' a withdrawal so that the bank book will update.

My question is; what if you're using a timed or fixed deposit account, one you can access the money at any time, but that only prints a transaction every 90 days when it dumps interest into the account? Seeing as there's NO way to print a current balance on those types of accounts. What do the immigration officers say about using an account like that up there?

Just curious on a couple points. IF you're getting an extension of stay based on being over 50 (retirement), why would the immigration office need a copy of your thai wife's house book listing & her i/d card? You're not applying for an extension of stay based on marriage to a thai. Also what is this mythical "income form" mentioned?

Offline KhunG

« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2016, 08:48:02 AM »
For whatever reason my amphur doesn't like issuing yellow Tabien Bahns.  The wife's Tabien Bahn and ID is for proof of address.

It's strange your mind is wobbled, since much like in the west, immigration officers have final say as to which foreigners are permitted in the country.  So you go along.  Before TW got US citizenship we had to do a lot of hoop jumping there, and raising a stink could quite likely have had her looking for a return ticket from the wrong side of the passport line one day.

I did hold my ground with KCI on my first extension a couple of years ago, though, until they finally broke out the regulations and found out that 60 days was sufficient for a first extension.

Offline Tod Daniels

« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2016, 09:27:07 AM »
For whatever reason my amphur doesn't like issuing yellow Tabien Bahns.
You Amphur may not "like" issuing yellow house-books to foreigners but a call to the complaint line would most likely get them on-board and cranking them out like every other Amphur in the country seems to do.

Even if you rent an apartment, condo, or house you can request a yellow house-book. That is how the rules governing house-books for foreigners in thailand is written. It is not an optional thing an Amphur can decide not to do because they don't "like to", unless you take what some mid level paper-pushing thai gov't official in a oh-so tight uniform says at face value.

If you do not have a yellow house book, there is a form which the owner of the property you reside on is required to file with the local immigration office. It's a TM.30 form and has the oh-so long name of "Notification From For House-Master, Owner Or The Possessor Of The Residence Where Alien Has Stayed". Once it's filed, the receipt you keep in your passport negates using ANYONE's house book or i/d at immigrations as it's their form for proof you reside where you say you do.

It sounds like KCI gave you a 60 day "visit thai family" extension that first time, because other than the year you get based on marriage that's the only other extension which they coulda gave you.

How things are done in a real country in the west compared to a developing third world one in S/E Asia, is like comparing apples to durian. 

Interestingly enough (or not) I have the opportunity to do a "field trip" up to that neck of the woods in a few weeks. I will definitely stop in to the Buriram Immigration office to see what's what. I'm a curious person by nature and as rule curiosity is only fatal to cats.

Good luck to you Buriram-ese and your extensions of stays, I hope that the new Buriram office runs closer to the actual rules.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2016, 09:36:42 AM »
At the end of the day, Tod, much of what you try to push upon people is nothing but you trying to prove something about your manhood.

What you fail to see is that most expats live here because they want to. They enjoy living here and wish to continue to do so. If that involves a bitof hoop jumping once a year then so be it. It is a small sacrifice.

I for one would rather you did not go to Buriram Immigration flexing your metaphorical muscules and exercising your inflated ego. It could, and would most likely, have a negative effect for the rest of the expat community here in Buriram.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2016, 10:15:36 AM »
So far BI does follow much more closely to the law than KCI.  No extra forms or home visits for retirement extensions.

My first extension was a retirement extension, not a visiting family extension.  The issue was KCI wanted the bank account to have the funds for 90 days, but the law said only 60 days was necessary for the first retirement extension, and 90 days thereafter.  That was what I held my ground on.

As to where I live, the house was built under contract with me and the land is under USUFRCT to me.  The Amphur hasn't listed the owner on my wife's Tabien Bahn, because they tell me it will be me when we can finally get a Yellow Book.

I'm satisfied with our decision to go along with the whims of whatever immigration officer we were dealing with at a given time in the US, as ultimately she got out from under their control completely.  We could have raised a stink instead of being courteous and patient, and she might have found herself outside of the country.

I can never gain citizenship here, but I'll stick with being courteous and patient and enjoy a long life here.

EDIT: BTW I've seen up close and personal how immigration officials in the west make it up as the go along, and like here, have final say on who is in the country.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 10:18:01 AM by KhunG »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »
This is a story about Bangkok Bank but Buriram Immigration played a part as well. Posted on Surin Farang.

Prkhonchai Nick and I had, separately,  decided to apply to BKB in Buriram for Foreign Currency Accounts. Alan's the Builder's account on Surin Farang was informative and BKB website was excellent in it's clarity regarding these accounts.Going on the same day gave the opportunity to compare experiences.

Unfortunately, the clarity of a website often gets lost in translation in Bum-x Buriram!

I had the advantage of batting second (I have a general rule of NEVER following Nick for 'sloppy seconds') and was made aware of Nick's rejection by the pretty lady at BKB. For the record Nick fully satisfied BKB website requirements (as did I) and went a step further by having Permanent Residence and his name in the blue house book.Notwithstanding this Nick was told "Need immigration certificate of address". Despite pressing his point of righteousness the girl refused to yield - a rare outcome for Nick, I understand!

He kindly conveyed this result as I was en route for Buriram. My missus (Jip) had already spoken with BKB to check on requirements and when she was advised of the need for the immigration letter I pointed out that was not the case and I would correct them on my arrival. Then I received Nick's call. I got Jip to call immigration.... "Need letter from the bank..." Jip called BKb "Don't need letter...".

At this point deja vu kicked in- it was a repetition of my failed attempt to get a car passport a week or so earlier.

Change of tactic.......................... I call immigration and tell them I need a certificate of address for BKB and I am coming in NOW, If there is any issue I want to see the boss lady. Well, that worked - although it took 40 mins and much confusion that we were not married "Farang live in your house?" boss lady asked Jip. I said tell them it is my fucking house, they have visited there and have previously issued 3 visa extensions, done numerous 90 day reports and issued 5 address certificates for driving licences and vehicle purchases over the last 8 years - ALL of which required me to evidence my address.

(That beautiful song by Simply Red came to mind................... "If You Don't Know Me By Now.................."

Anyway,......... off to BKB with said certificate. No receipt for the 500 Baht 'unofficial' charge.

Was initially sent upstairs by nubile young 'meeter & greeter' but after 10 mins I wasn't convinced we were in the right place. Jip asked - and sure enough - off we went back downstairs. Immediately saw the pretty girl that had rejected Nick's approaches. Long-winded but successful - Oh, we were sent back upstairs part-way through to open a basic savings account (300 Baht) because my existing BKB basic savings account was NFU as it was held with Ban Kruat branch (who don't service FCD's) and if I wanted to join all the dots on internet banking I needed a basic savings account with Buriram branch.

All done and I should get the account number tomorrow. GBP 700 required to activate the account and free of charges as long as the balance doesn't drop below GBP 200.

Offline KhunG

« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2016, 12:01:31 PM »
CO-CO « on: Today at 11:28:08 AM »
decided to apply to BKB in Buriram for Foreign Currency Accounts

Totally OT, and we can take it to another thread, but what is the benefit of having a Foreign Currency Account in Thailand?  This is an honest question.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2016, 01:33:48 PM »
CO-CO « on: Today at 11:28:08 AM »
decided to apply to BKB in Buriram for Foreign Currency Accounts

Totally OT, and we can take it to another thread, but what is the benefit of having a Foreign Currency Account in Thailand?  This is an honest question.

Immediate availability of funds to switch to Baht when the rate is favourable.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick