{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buying a car in Buriram  (Read 16702 times)

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Buying a car in Buriram
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 08:04:46 AM »
If you take the drive to Phutthaisong, then the rules of the DLT might be different. However for Ruangsangthai it has worked smoothly with no envelopes to register a few dozen trucks and a few automobiles at the Buriram office of the DLT. Thank you Mr. Pichai.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 08:15:37 AM »
I believe Duputy Dave was in good hands and received correct information from Miss Pim of the Toyota Dealership near Robinson Lifestyle Center in Buriram. Miss Pim has taken paperwork, at no extra fee, to the Buriram Department of Land Transportation and registered a new car or a new SUV or a new Truck for expats she sold Toyotas in the expats name. No need for that expat or spouse to show up in person and wait in line at the DLT.  It is clear on the ownership book who is the registered owner. Certainly can be an expat.

Miss Pim will also drive her customers to a workplace or store, and have a Toyota brought to that workplace or store when any servicing was completed at the Buriram Toyota dealership. She also is a competitive saleswoman and understands the importance of DISCOUNT when purchasing a new Toyota in Buriram.

This has nothing to do with the dealer. The dealer is doing what the DLT requires. That DLT is out of line and there is noway I would deal with it. I have seen these attitudes at other office and they do not change until the top brass is moved on. Interesting that a D-Max from the main Isuzu dealer in Buriram  was bought and registered at the same DLT with a CR from Surin Imigration.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:29:01 AM by gotlost »

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »
Mr Pichai ... I assume that your fleet of trucks and cars are registered to Thai's. I think most expats on the Forum would agree that it's a simple proceedure to get a Thai name in the vehicle blue book as the registered owner. No argument there.

However, much of the recent discussion on this thread has been about the recent difficulties of getting a farang rego specifically at M.Buriram DLT

Yes ... it is easy if you have a YTB, or make the trek to BKK to get a Res Cert from your Embassy, however, DLT is supposed to also accept a Res Cert from Surin Immi (KCI).

I knew this, so being a clever duck, I got a Res Cert from Surin Immi a couple of days prior to me purchasing a vehicle from a M.Buriram dealer. Told them it was for buying a car. No problem.

The dealer took all my paperwork to DLT for rego in my name. All good.

Took the dealer 2 weeks to advise me that DLT rejected my rego application because my Res Cert was on the wrong letterhead from Surin Immi. WTF !

ok ... back to Surin Immi for Res Cert on different letterhead.

"No can do. Now need an intro letter from DLT first."  HUH ??

ok ... back to M.Buriram DLT. Need an intro letter for Surin Immi.

After much grovelling to the minions, finally got face to face with Big Boss Licensing.

"No can do ... never heard of this. Go away."  Oh boy ... this is not good. I'm now on the merry-go-round.

To his credit, whilst we sat at his desk, he DID call Surin Immi for clarification on this issue. Same result. No can do letter.

"Immigration want too much" were his exact words.

So, in effect, that meant I would not be able to get Res Cert from Surin Immi.

So it looked liked a trip to BKK to get Res Cert. Instead, I decided to get a YTB from M.Buriram Amphur. Happy ending eventually, but my rego process took 2 months   thumbup

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2016, 10:43:27 AM »
Smooth2
What car did you buy?

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 11:09:42 AM »
Is it no longer possible to get the certificate of residence from the Buriram Police Station. This is what I used when I purchased and registered a new vehicle in my name and for my Thai DL. Admittedly the car was purchased 2 yrs ago and my 5 yr lisence last September.
Total pain if the rules have changed making only an Embassy COR acceptable.
I'm not planning on changing my truck anytime soon and won't need a new license for 4 years. Plenty of time for the rules to change another hundred times!!

A residence letter from police is still good for a driving licence.

All of our vehicles have been registered in my wife's name, so I can't comment on other transactions.

Although there was a translated copy of the requirements posted on her not more that a few weeks ago.

If a letter from the local BiB is good for a DL at the LTD then I can see no reason why a letter from the BiB would not be accepted by the LTD for register a car. ::)

This may be nit picking on wording however:-

The translated document states that a certificate of residence must be presentation. Item 2 states that a certificate of residence can be obtained from embassy or immigration.

Can be....not must be.

I'm just wondering if the dealerships, some or all, would accept the Police certificate.

The translation lists places where the letter can be obtained. By not listing the police station it is saying that this is not an option.

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2016, 11:46:46 AM »
Smooth2
What car did you buy?

Chev Cruze LT auto

Drives nice. Tuned for E85 petrol, but it's a little thirsty. Will bung in a couple of 91 octane fills to see if it makes any difference to fuel economy.

Owners manual in Thai, of course, which makes it tricky to get an understanding of all the electronic whiz bang gadgetry in the car.

Holden in Australia manufacture the identical vehicle, so I'm getting my son to post an English language manual.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2016, 11:58:54 AM »
Nice. Enjoy it.

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
For anyone interested in Toyota Ms. Pim is an excellent contact. She does go out of her way to make sure you get what you need. I requested an owners manual in English and she got it for me!   

Offline M1Tanker

• Contributor with future
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2016, 05:30:18 PM »
For anyone interested in Toyota Ms. Pim is an excellent contact. She does go out of her way to make sure you get what you need. I requested an owners manual in English and she got it for me!

I'll second that.

Offline Somnat

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
@ smooth2

Did you get your YTB from the Govt office just down and around the corner from the swimming pool heading to the night market entrance intersection?

Curious, as I tried there a year ago and got the usual run around as you described at the DLT. 

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 06:34:54 PM »
@ smooth2

Did you get your YTB from the Govt office just down and around the corner from the swimming pool heading to the night market entrance intersection?

Curious, as I tried there a year ago and got the usual run around as you described at the DLT. 

Hi Somnat. Yes. I'm pretty sure the place you've described is the one. Amphur. I've attached a map to this post.

It's the same place where we got married and officially did all the marriage registration.

Yellow Book process took 4 visits, spaced with a couple of days between each visit. No docs from Immigration were required. Just passport, all my marriage docs, couple of passport size photos. My wife Jazz provided ID and Tabien Baan

PooYai Baan attended for 15mins on second visit.

Don't recall any doc being in English, so Jazz literally did everything. I just signed heaps of docs and sat on my bum in the waiting area. Felt a bit weird, as the YTB was for me, yet I was involved in about 10% of the process.

A great deal of time on each visit was spent watching the office lady laboriously typing everything into a computer, with Jazz sitting beside her like a co-worker. They talked non-stop  55555

My YTB does not have a single English word anywhere in it. I can't even find my name without Jazzs' help.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 06:50:16 PM »
@ smooth2

Hi Somnat. Yes. I'm pretty sure the place you've described is the one. Amphur. I've attached a map to this post.

It's the same place where we got married and officially did all the marriage registration.

Yellow Book process took 4 visits, spaced with a couple of days between each visit. No docs from Immigration were required. Just passport, all my marriage docs, couple of passport size photos. My wife Jazz provided ID and Tabien Baan

PooYai Baan attended for 15mins on second visit.

Don't recall any doc being in English, so Jazz literally did everything. I just signed heaps of docs and sat on my bum in the waiting area. Felt a bit weird, as the YTB was for me, yet I was involved in about 10% of the process.

A great deal of time on each visit was spent watching the office lady laboriously typing everything into a computer, with Jazz sitting beside her like a co-worker. They talked non-stop  55555

My YTB does not have a single English word anywhere in it. I can't even find my name without Jazzs' help.

There is no english words in the YTB BUT we do have 10 paper pages to use as butt wipe. :biggrin: Sure beats that plastic pink id card. :wacko: :D

Offline Somnat

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »
Thanks smooth.

I went to that one about 8 years ago with all the required docs.

Was all going well until the "boss" called us in to his office.

Interview was going well, I thought, and suddenly my better half got up and walked out !!!! ?????

Turned out he wanted a 6K "donation"

The office I went to last year is on the same side of the road but heading back to the police station.

I was told to use that one a I live in town. (???)

They wanted a letter from KCI / Surin Imm stating I was on a long term Visa and of good character. I kid you not.

Immigration said they needed a letter from them before they could do cert of residence.

Back to the office only to be told that they needed a letter from immigration requesting a letter from them .....

I gave up then.

Might give your place another try ...... one day.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »
Thanks smooth.

I went to that one about 8 years ago with all the required docs.

Was all going well until the "boss" called us in to his office.

Interview was going well, I thought, and suddenly my better half got up and walked out !!!! ?????

Turned out he wanted a 6K "donation"

The office I went to last year is on the same side of the road but heading back to the police station.

I was told to use that one a I live in town. (???)

They wanted a letter from KCI / Surin Imm stating I was on a long term Visa and of good character. I kid you not.

Immigration said they needed a letter from them before they could do cert of residence.

Back to the office only to be told that they needed a letter from immigration requesting a letter from them .....

I gave up then.

Might give your place another try ...... one day.

If the same jerk is still in charge sounds like your stuffed. You can try another but I don't see it working. You have to use the amphur office for the area you live in.

Offline Somnat

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2016, 07:04:27 PM »
^^^^ sounds like he may of moved on GL as smooth2 didn't seem to have any dramas.

Cant hurt to try  ::) ::)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM