{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Buriram Immigration.  (Read 22452 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Buriram Immigration.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2016, 08:00:59 AM »
@Starman

Do you mean this one ?

https://goo.gl/maps/w7DcDgYkdz32

If so: GPS Coordinates 14.9425727,103.1050428

That's the one.
Thanks Starman & iammike for clarifying the location. Very useful for people like me who don't know Buriram City that well

Buckwelk, it is my understanding that you are in the NongKi area.

The best way to get to what will be the new immigration office  is to go along the 24 and turn left onto the NangRong-Buriram road. Go all the way until you see ThaiWatsadu DIY store(about 45kms). At the set of traffic lights just after that turn right. Go straight to the next set of traffic lights (about 4kms). Go straight ahead at those light. After going up an incline in the road you will see City Hall on the left at the top of the hill.

Offline buckwhelk

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2016, 08:49:15 AM »
Great Thanks

Offline house for rent

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2016, 03:00:36 PM »
the building look so big
how to get to the office inside entrance? floor?
where to park ?

Offline IRON DUKE

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »
Hi Guys
Just wanted to let everybody know I had my FIRST 1 year extension today at KCI. I want to say a big thank you to URLEFT for helping me with the application, I followed his post and downloaded the forms. Keith was then good enough to spare me some time at his place to quality assure all of the paperwork, armed with everything printed signed, copied and pictures attached it certainly made the KCI officers a lot  happier. IMHO it smoothed the process.
Today was a typical example of people turing up with no prior preperation and getting the run around with photocopying forms and things not signed  etc etc. I was in and out within 30 minutes and it was busy!
Thanks URLEFT.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
Hi Guys
Just wanted to let everybody know I had my FIRST 1 year extension today at KCI. I want to say a big thank you to URLEFT for helping me with the application, I followed his post and downloaded the forms. Keith was then good enough to spare me some time at his place to quality assure all of the paperwork, armed with everything printed signed, copied and pictures attached it certainly made the KCI officers a lot  happier. IMHO it smoothed the process.
Today was a typical example of people turing up with no prior preperation and getting the run around with photocopying forms and things not signed  etc etc. I was in and out within 30 minutes and it was busy!
Thanks URLEFT.

Glad everything worked out for you. 

One thing that he did not mention was that he left my shop with a complete set of forms and digital copies such that he well set for his next extension and can do it on his own.  I rarely have repeats as they leave with most of what they need for follow on extensions.  The first is the most daunting. 

Having a complete set of documents when you arrive at immigration helps us all out with timeliness.  Pretty much everything you need is on the dummies threads.  Follow that and you can do it yourself. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 06:33:39 AM »
Hi Guys
Thanks URLEFT.

30 minutes...nice.

Did you not get a house visit and a 30 day consideration?

Offline IRON DUKE

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2016, 07:25:29 AM »
Steve
I attended KCI last month, where I was given a 30 day under consideration stamp. Within two weeks of my visit to the KCI Immigration offices I had my first ever home visit.
Yesterday as I said in & out within 30 minutes. It all went very well, so much so I have this morning written an email to Mr Chanchai CHAOKACHAEM head of KCI Immigration thanking him for having such a professional and efficient office.
Hope this clarifies my post.
x

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2016, 08:41:31 AM »
Hi Guys
Thanks URLEFT.

Hi Iron Duke - did you actually go to KCI yesterday ?

The reason I ask is that I was due to return on 30th June but was told to come back on 29th because they would be closed on 30th June.

Presumably your visit was a follow up to the under consideration 30 day stamp and you were simply receiving the 12 month stamp?

I am interested because your situation mirrors my own and I would like to compare experiences.

Offline IRON DUKE

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2016, 08:59:20 AM »
CO-CO

YES I DID.

Went on 30th May, given 30 day consideration and told come back 30th JUNE  ie Yesterday

I was there at 09.00 and it was fairly busy and got steadily busier as I was leaving around 09.30.

I met the Buriram Desk man and as you quoted seemed very polite professional and spoke very clear English. He also informed me I would be seeing him in Buriram for my 90 day, when I asked what date it will be open he replied one or two months but not sure!

There was some poor English guy who has his stamp in his old passport and now has a new one and could not get it transferred into the new one. The KCI guy who is going to Buriram sorted it for him after he was being passed around. lOOKING GOOD FOR US....

I will be meeting you soon for one of your trips, you check my passport then if you wish.

ID

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2016, 09:17:34 AM »
CO-CO

YES I DID.

Went on 30th May, given 30 day consideration and told come back 30th JUNE  ie Yesterday

I was there at 09.00 and it was fairly busy and got steadily busier as I was leaving around 09.30.

I met the Buriram Desk man and as you quoted seemed very polite professional and spoke very clear English. He also informed me I would be seeing him in Buriram for my 90 day, when I asked what date it will be open he replied one or two months but not sure!

There was some poor English guy who has his stamp in his old passport and now has a new one and could not get it transferred into the new one. The KCI guy who is going to Buriram sorted it for him after he was being passed around. lOOKING GOOD FOR US....

I will be meeting you soon for one of your trips, you check my passport then if you wish.

ID

When I went on Wednesday there were 3 guys in polo shirts sitting at the Buriram/Surin desks and the tall thin guy in uniform to their left. In the corner (to the right of the seating area) was the 'boss lady' who signed everything off.

The IO to the left who spoke perfect English is going to Buriram along with jovial IO who sat in the middle. The IO to his right also spoke excellent English but he is Surin bound.

It sounds like you just picked up the 12m extension whereas I also applied for a multiple re-entry permit. That explains why I was 25 mins longer.

All the staff seemed happy and friendly. I am not going to go as far as saying they were 100% efficient but they at least have the basis of a system. I don't think it was necessary for me to see 4 people and I would prefer to have the ticket queueing system when you go in - there is uncertainty amongst the people waiting. That said, I would not be critical of them as I think they have come a long way in their level of service and professionalism.

If you were seen by the guy on the left at the Buriram desk (very slight signs of a goatie on his chin) you were probably not asked for the new Foreign National Information form - I was not asked until my re-entry permit was being processed.

Offline IRON DUKE

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2016, 12:41:15 PM »
I agree with your comments.

Yesterday I did not see Boss lady but the young guy slight build on the right in Police uniform seemed to be the one signing things off. A little offish but much , much better than other Immigration offices I have been to.

As I said I do think we are going to be lucky here in Buriram as the guy coming here seems pretty good.

All the best.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 01:00:34 PM »
It will be interesting to see what policies Buriram immigration adopt.

I spoke to couple of customers of ours that use Khon Kaen immigration.

The requirements for extension based on retirement are only; proof of address, bank letter and book, application form and copy of passport.

Offline Sofa_King

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2016, 01:06:33 PM »

The requirements for extension based on retirement are only; proof of address, bank letter and book, application form and copy of passport.

Lets all move to Khon Kaen :)

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2016, 01:16:02 PM »

Same requirements as in Pattaya, and over there apply in the Morning and pick up your passport with the New Extension of stay in the afternoon (if the Boss is in to sign)

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2016, 07:33:26 AM »
July 15th is the day Buriram office will open!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick