{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: A new oldie  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Gimbo

A new oldie
« on: June 01, 2016, 04:41:30 AM »
Hi,
I have been a member here since it started, but hav enot been in here for years. But as I was asked in a pm that reached me by email to tell you folks whats going on in my life, here I am.

Anyway  I left Thailand in 2009, after I got seriously ill. I was admitted to the local hospital with severe abdominal pains and a high fever. Inuitially they thought it was my appendix playing up, and was rushed to surgery at a hospital in Buriram. It turned out to be a perforated ileum, and as a result I also had Peritonitis.
Anyway after surgery in Thailand the insurance company insisted I return to Norway for my further treatment...and I was diagnosed with Morbus Chrons...And with free medical treatment and medication  in Norway I really had no option but stay there. One medication I was on cost 1000US$ per dose, and I had to have it once a week just to keep my condition in check, I will never heal....no more galivanting around in Asia for me.

So I secured a job in Norway, got an appartment and fixed residence visas for my Isaan born wife and two stepsons then aged 10 and 13 and they all came to Norway in January 2009. The kids started school, and they are still studying and doing pkay. My wife work for the municipallity in a mundane but quite well paid job that she secured as soon as she had learned the language, which they all took to like ducks to water. So she know speaks 5 languages, i.e Isaan khmer, Isaan lao, Thai, English and Norwegian.

In 2010 we had a son who is now starting school this autumn. ANd I am in school myself having decided at age 44 to aquire an education so I am taking a bachelor in International Emergency management which I will complete next spring.

We still have our small house in my wifes village north of Buriram, and I miss Thailand and Isaan mak mak.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: A new oldie
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:03:16 AM »
That is likely also to be my fate eventually, returning back to Switzerland for medical treatment. Our main problem would be taking our grandchild with us as I am not able to adopt her at my age, and the bureaucracy involved in obtaining guardianship seems difficult to say the least. I am just hoping for a romantic fading away, painless kind of illness where I can stay here surrounded by a loving family.
  Anyway, glad things turned out ok for you eventually.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick