{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Immigration sub-office at Buriram: when ? where ?  (Read 9100 times)

isanbirder

Immigration sub-office at Buriram: when ? where ?
« on: May 16, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
There have been reports on several threads that a new office would be opened in early May somewhere near the new Buriram Provincial Centre to deal with 90-day reports and re-entry permits.  At least one poster claimed that this had been confirmed by an IO, and Pichai has also mentioned it.

Yet we hear nothing!  GL scoffs at the whole thing, but he's in Kap Cheong, and often enough the right hand knoweth not what the left hand doeth!

Could someone check on site?  I'm sorry I can't, as I live out towards Krasang, and have to rely on someone else for transport on my shopping trips to Buriram every three or four weeks.

My next 90-day report is due on May 30.  I've tried again, for the nth time, to do it on the internet, but failed.  If the Buriram office is just wishful thinking, it means a trip down to KC yet again!

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Immigration sub-office at Buriram: when ? where ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 10:34:24 AM »
I've got to visit Kap Cheong 25th May, so I'll get my missus to ask Big Boss whilst we're there.

Perhaps if someone is going before 25th, they could do same thing.

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 05:30:38 PM »
I am off to KCI tomorrow for a 90 day report.

Tried online numerous times over the last week to no avail.

Will ask and post response tomorrow.

Offline bonghead

• Contributor with future
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
Ive also tried twice, since 11 May, the response you may get might be the same as i got
when i did my last 90 day, on asking, why online no work for me, answer, not my problem
comes from Bangkok.

isanbirder

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 08:27:51 AM »
Thanks, Somnat and Smooth2.

On-line reporting works for some, doesn't for others.... and it seems to be nothing to do with IT wizardry on the farang's part.  But this thread is not about on-line reporting;  it's about the rumoured Buriram sub-office!

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 09:16:02 AM »
Ive also tried twice, since 11 May, the response you may get might be the same as i got
when i did my last 90 day, on asking, why online no work for me, answer, not my problem
comes from Bangkok.

May I ask when is the last time you entered Thailand ? There are some problems with people who can't do online 90 days report because the last time they entered Thailand was before a certain date, and the advice from Immigration in those cases was, leave Thailand and come back and online reporting should work.

Maybe it works.

Offline Somnat

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
OK ..... just back from KCI where I asked about the Buriram sub office .....

I spoke to the downstairs captain, apparently the boss man was out.

Instead of asking "if there was going t be a sub office in Buriram" I asked him "when is the Buriram office opening?"

Without hesitation he replied "coming soon"

Obviously I followed that up with the question "how soon do you think?"

His reply ....... "maybe next year:blink: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Maybe the next person attending KCI can ask again to see if the answer is the same.

On a side note .... there is a new intersection going in at Prasat where the 24 and 214 cross.

Detours are in place around it but its a real mess at the moment.

Also, it looks like the Prasat to Kapchoeng road is to be made into 4 lanes (at least part of the way)

Lots of clearing already done, surveyors on the road and a road construction camp just being built.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 12:03:27 PM »
OK ..... just back from KCI where I asked about the Buriram sub office .....

I spoke to the downstairs captain, apparently the boss man was out.

Instead of asking "if there was going t be a sub office in Buriram" I asked him "when is the Buriram office opening?"

Without hesitation he replied "coming soon"

Obviously I followed that up with the question "how soon do you think?"

His reply ....... "maybe next year:blink: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Maybe the next person attending KCI can ask again to see if the answer is the same.

On a side note .... there is a new intersection going in at Prasat where the 24 and 214 cross.

Detours are in place around it but its a real mess at the moment.

Also, it looks like the Prasat to Kapchoeng road is to be made into 4 lanes (at least part of the way)

Lots of clearing already done, surveyors on the road and a road construction camp just being built.

I just love rumors.. :D :D :D :D

Offline Somnat

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 12:13:13 PM »
The widening of the road, the intersection or the sub office in Buriram Dave ??????

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »
The widening of the road, the intersection or the sub office in Buriram Dave ??????

I was just thought the intersextion this past weekend, Yes they are going to widen the road for about 500 meters to connect with the section that was completed 2 years back and extends south about 1 km past Prasat but have not seen any work as of yesterday being done further towards KC. As for a sub office in Buriram KEEP UP THE RUMORS.   :D :D :D :D

isanbirder

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 03:56:45 PM »
"maybe  next year"!  I like it, Somnat!

That makes a change from two BE reports of "early May".

Thanks anyway for asking.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 10:46:28 AM »
This morning.
Just had an interesting visit by KCI Suppression Unit. The gentleman in charge we have known for 4 years. He and his partner have all of Surin Provence. He told me I was only the second farang in Kap Choeng that he has done a home visit on. Also this visit is being done on ALL foreigners ,married or retarards in Surin and Buriram this year. Next year they will be selective. The phu yai ban and her assistant were present and their details were taken as witness on me. I nor Mrs GL signed any documents. They did take three photos of all of us in from of the The Chicken Ranch. No tea money but coffee all around. Now for the rumor mill. I'm sure IB and the BE rumor mongers will love this. This gentleman with out me asking told me directly that an immigration officer has been appointed to be incharge of a new Buriram Immigration Office and that this officers is working out of  KCI at the moment. The appointed HNIC of Buriram Immigration is tasked with finding a location, hopefully this year. As to what service the new office is to provide no idea.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:48:47 AM by gotlost »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM