{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: buriram united  (Read 11615 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: buriram united
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 08:22:40 AM »
I have seen that it was a sell out crowd yet there were many empty seats.

There are quite a few ways to obtain free tickets. There were 10 available in our village but only 3 taken up.

To be turning people away when there are empty seats suggests ticket allocation needs to be looked at.

Offline wolfman

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 05:10:32 PM »
There are certain stands that allow those without a shirt to enter. The VIP stand is one and I believe the stand behind the goal is the other.

The main stand that houses the "Hardcore" is probably where they tried to get into.

You could only buy one of Buriram's tickets to the Kor Royal Cup if you were in Buriram gear

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 06:10:07 PM »
- post withdrawn -

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 01:40:19 PM »
As several Buriram United players live quite close to me, soccer is naturally a very hot topic with the local soi residents.

When Suchao and Tunez kick a ball with the little soi kids outside my place, a sizeable crowd materializes from nowhere. The Mums' in particular love their football team.

So .... the less than perfect season so far for BU has got the tongues wagging. "What's going wrong this year ?" they ask.

Well .... I'm no expert, but I've learned to enjoy the game since moving to Buriram. It's the only game in town after all.

I've made some interesting statistical observations about Buriram United looking a bit ordinary, compared to 2015, when they were so dominant.

2015 Buriram kicked 93 goals in 34 TPL games. (Ave 2.9 goals per game)

Their two main strikers, Diogo and Macena got 54 of them. Neither has played a single game this season. That's a lot of firepower gone missing.

Macena has knicked off to greener pastures, and Diogo got a dislocated shoulder on 24th Feb

Diogo's injury at the time was reported as "a 3 week injury". He's been out for 75 days now (11 weeks)

In 2015 Diogo was named Thai Premier League "Most Valuable Player", and he also received the "Golden Boot Award" for being the TPL leading goal kicker. (33)

Hard to replace 2 key strikers with the above talents.

2016 season so far sees Buriram United languishing in 4th place.

In 10 games, they've only scored 17 goals (Ave 1.7 goals per game) That's a huge difference to last year.

More worrying still is the fact that Tunez is the leading goal kicker with just 6 goals. What's the worry ? Well ... he's a defender, not a striker. He plays Centre Back, and the only guy that's supposed to be behind him is Buriram's goalkeeper !!

Anyway ..... whatever.  thumbup      The sun will still come up tomorrow I guess, but Buriram will need to pull their finger out pretty soon and find a way to score more goals.

It seems the fans have not yet deserted their struggling team (by BU's own lofty standands). Crowd numbers are up 3% on this time last year.

INVINCIBLE was Newin's proud proclamation last year. Hmmmmm .... BU look decidedly vunerable this year.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 12:37:44 PM »
Strange that he should choose to sell Theeratorn, still the captain of  the Thai national team, to Muang Tong.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 01:33:48 PM »
Strange that he should choose to sell Theeratorn, still the captain of  the Thai national team, to Muang Tong.

Theerathon.

Was he sold ?  I have not yet seen a fee mentioned.

I believe he is from Nonthaburi so Muang Thong is probably his local team. I think he is also marrying his long-time girlfriend this month.

http://www.espnfcasia.com/blog/football-asia/153/post/2869884/thailand-captain-theerathon-to-leave-buriram-united-for-rivals-muang-thong-united

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »
When Buriram United play, my wife & I really enjoy watching the game live on TV, notwithstanding their poor performance this season.

We've noticed that there is no live commentary on True broadcasts this year. At first we thought that maybe the commentators missed the bus (555), or maybe got delayed in the BKK traffic getting to the studio, if they do a studio commentary.

But no .... there is simply no live commentary at all. You can hear the crowd roaring, so there's nothing wrong with the sound. It's a bit eerie, and somewhat boring to watch, not hearing two excited commentators babbling and giggling away during the game.

Don't know why True have decided to omit the live commentary. Definately brings a little more excitement into the broadcast.

Imagine watching English football, or F1 Grand Prix, or US Baseball with no commentators.

The weird thing is .... True have endless full replays during the following weekdays of every game. These replays have full voice commentary !! But by then you already know the result.

Dohhh !! It's all a bit arse about IMHO     thumbup

Come on True .... bring back the live commentary.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 12:11:04 PM »
@smooth2

True is providing commentary on the games but only in Thai.

A question. Is your True Receiver Audio default set to English Language ?

If yes, change the language to Thai via the Audio button and you will hear the commentary in Thai Language.

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »
Hi mike. Thanks for your reply. We watched the Supanburi v Buriram game last Sunday night. No commentary. The replay on True today had full commentary ? I made no audio alterations between Sunday and today.

Did anybody else watch Buriram last Sunday night ? Was there Thai commentary ? Is anyone else having same "no commentary" broadcasts ?

Sometimes, whilst watching a Buriram game with no commentary, we'll flick over to another game that's being broadcast live, and very occasionally that game has commentary, but more often not.

It's very hit and miss whether you'll get a game with commentary or not. And yes ... it's always been Thai commentary anyway. I don't mind that, as Jazz obviously understands it, and even though I don't understand a word the boys are saying, the commentary style is usually pretty light and breezy with plenty of giggles and OOOHS &  AAAARGHS. It's quite entertaining.

Last season was fine, and early this season was ok, but last few months .... only occasional commentary.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »
@smooth2

can you check something for me ?

Can you switch to channel 562 (Discovery Channel) and tell me in which language that channel is ?

Offline smoooth2

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
@smooth2

Can you switch to channel 562 (Discovery Channel) and tell me in which language that channel is ?

Hi Mike. On CH562 by pressing Audio button on True remote, I can listen to either English audio or Thai audio. No problem.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 03:25:21 PM »
@smooth2

Hi Mike. On CH562 by pressing Audio button on True remote, I can listen to either English audio or Thai audio. No problem.

Can you try that Button when you are watching a Game with no commentary ?

If it's oke you should have 2 (English / Thai) or 3 (English/DD+/Thai) Choices and the commentary will be broadcasted ONLY on the Thai Audio setting.

AFAIK DD+ is for surround speakers (but could be wrong ;) )
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:31:37 PM by iammike »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM