{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Internet and Cable TV near Krasang  (Read 27538 times)

Offline IRON DUKE

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Internet and Cable TV near Krasang
« on: March 26, 2016, 09:39:41 AM »
Hi Guys

Can anyone please advise me on the latest information as to which Internet and English speaking cable TV I should go for or get if provided to this part of the area.

I have just moved here in Bran Prue 5km south of Krasang which is a bit out in the sticks. My new family have told me that TRUE dont cover this area , so they are out for starters.

There is quite a lot of old information on the forum regarding this subject but I cant seem to find any recent posts. As you all know without some English speaking communication coming my way I will go round the bend pretty quickly, hence the request!

Hope someone can help.

Taffy

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Internet and Cable TV near Krasang
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 10:50:01 AM »
I am afraid you will not get cable tv over there.

Sat TV is your only option.

You can get Truevision (which is PAY TV) via Satellite and their office is next to the 7/11 in Krasang.
Or you can get for example CTH or GMMZ or PSI. The guy who can install that is located opposite the Afternoon Fresh Market.

5km out of Krasang is good, I'm 18kms (as the crow flies) from Krasang).

Offline IRON DUKE

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 11:18:40 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

Can you or anyone else give me an idea which is the best one to go with for my uk channels / fox sports needs.

I have read in the past that people have major problems with Sat TV although the posts are a few years old.

Taff

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 11:24:46 AM »
Do you have good / fast internet ??

Then for your UK channels, you can use ThaiExpatTV. (Google them) and for your Sports need look at iLikeHD (again use Google)

I have both PSI and Truevisions Dishes here and seldom a problem (only when it's raining very hard). Truevisions has Fox Sports (believe only Gold , Sport and Platinum package (but not sure))

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:31:37 AM by iammike »

Offline IRON DUKE

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »
Again thanks very much, I am now getting an idea of what is needed and will look at the websites you have mentioned.

Taffy

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 07:29:55 AM »
Has anyone had the black dish from psi installed recently?  Had someone stop by and say satellite and two boxes for one time fee of 3000 baht roughly. I wasn?t home so I wasn?t able to get channels lineup. What are your thoughts on the service?

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 08:09:52 AM »
DD.

We have both the PSI and the True Dish

PSI IMHO s*cks as there are not a lot of watchable programs on there (I think Channel 29 (Movie Channel) is the only one I watch on there), so it's good if you like Thai Soaps though as it has most of the FTA (Free to Air) Thai Channels (3,5,7 etc).

That said True also s*cks but it's better then nothing and in addition to the FTA channels it has Discovery, National Geographic etc on there and if you go for the Platinum Package (+/- 2k per month  you got a whole lot of Sports Channels (BeIn Sports)

But True is paid while PSI as you already said is a ONE TIME fee only.

I mostly do my TV watching nowadays via Torrents and my Wife is happy with the Current True (Gold) Package as it has everything she likes to watch.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 08:28:42 AM »
DD.

We have both the PSI and the True Dish

PSI IMHO s*cks as there are not a lot of watchable programs on there (I think Channel 29 (Movie Channel) is the only one I watch on there), so it's good if you like Thai Soaps though as it has most of the FTA (Free to Air) Thai Channels (3,5,7 etc).

That said True also s*cks but it's better then nothing and in addition to the FTA channels it has Discovery, National Geographic etc on there and if you go for the Platinum Package (+/- 2k per month  you got a whole lot of Sports Channels (BeIn Sports)

But True is paid while PSI as you already said is a ONE TIME fee only.

I mostly do my TV watching nowadays via Torrents and my Wife is happy with the Current True (Gold) Package as it has everything she likes to watch.

If you have a stable internet connection and good speed, I have 30Mbps, there is no real need for any dish. TV is available on the internet and in many cases it's FREE.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 08:59:20 AM »
@Starman

I know about the ipTV providers, but most of them are no good here because of the CONSTANT buffering.

The only one that worked well for me was the now defunct ExpatTV because it had a +/-30 Min buffer and it had 7 day catch-up.

That said, torrents are good enough for me, I download them via my Seedbox and then watch it via Plex that even works well when we are on Holiday (with sometimes crappy Hotel Wifi) !

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 09:07:59 AM »
@Starman

I know about the ipTV providers, but most of them are no good here because of the CONSTANT buffering.

The only one that worked well for me was the now defunct ExpatTV because it had a +/-30 Min buffer and it had 7 day catch-up.

That said, torrents are good enough for me, I download them via my Seedbox and then watch it via Plex that even works well when we are on Holiday (with sometimes crappy Hotel Wifi) !

I have been using TransponderTV for quite a while now. No problems at all.

Offline secosteve

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 05:51:36 PM »
Starman, I use Pan Global IPTV which is excellent, there is no buffering to speak of and I have all UK channels and many more. There is a 14 day playback facility so, if you missed any programs in the previous two weeks you can watch again, There are also a couple of thousand movies to choose from and many TV series. There are many IPTV services advertising on facebook and other social media sites, I have tried most of them some are good some are not. You see some offering over 6000 channels, these are the ones to avoid as too many channels slows down the buffering and you get stop start TV. These providers are mainly from Europe therefore that is where their servers are, Pan Global has servers in South East Asia so that makes their system more accessible and reliable.

Good providers come at a cost, I pay 1200B a month and 1000b a month for AIS fibre internet. To receive this service you need a top box and I use a mag256 which cost me 4000b, there are other mag boxes but this one is the quickest for streaming.

Pan Global do not advertise and have a limited membership. If anyone wants to check out my system please message me and you are welcome to have a look.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 05:59:10 PM »
I get all of these channels free. It works perfectly with 30Mbps from 3BB. No box needed.

Offline secosteve

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 07:45:22 PM »
There are several providers with similar SD channel lists, they are minimal with very few sports and movie channels. It all depends what you want, i get over 15 HD movie, including the all  Sky movie channels all HD Sky sports, Bt sports, 3 True sports, Bein Spot Thailand, Eurosports and more including what you have in HD. It all depends what you requirements are, there are different packages to suit most people. I am happy paying for what I get  but obviously even more happy is it was free.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
There are several providers with similar SD channel lists, they are minimal with very few sports and movie channels. It all depends what you want, i get over 15 HD movie, including the all  Sky movie channels all HD Sky sports, Bt sports, 3 True sports, Bein Spot Thailand, Eurosports and more including what you have in HD. It all depends what you requirements are, there are different packages to suit most people. I am happy paying for what I get  but obviously even more happy is it was free.

I totally agree. It's all down to what you need. I haven't watched a film in ages. If there is one I feel I may enjoy I usually find a torrent. As for sport, there are quite a few Thai streaming sites on Facebook. If there is something I want to watch and I don't have the channels then I check those out. I probably don't watch enough sport to warrant paying for a service.

Offline Smithy

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 08:39:44 PM »
I get all of these channels free. It works perfectly with 30Mbps from 3BB. No box needed.

How do you get those channels free ???

I thought Transponder.tv had gone paid !! .....  https://www.transponder.tv/pricing

I have found a way to get all those channels for free....sign up to  https://expatprime.tv/

You get a 14 day free trial and after 14 days just sign up again with your wife's phone numbers or a friends phone numbers that doesn't need or want Expat TV .As long as you can keep suppling a new telephone number to activate your acount ( and you will need to make a new email also ) you can have free TV with catchup :)

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick