{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Want to buy manual / hand-operated water pump  (Read 8016 times)

Offline Hermit

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Want to buy manual / hand-operated water pump
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:50:28 AM »
Does anyone know where I can purchase a hand-operated water pump?  One of the old-style cast iron beauties, that you bolt on to the concrete "well head".

We have a bit of land but no electricity yet.  Brother in law visits to water what trees we have already planted, using water from the dam / pond.  But that will dry up in the hot season.  So we want to sink a bore.

Have asked around in a few Buriram stores for old-style water pumps, and got pretty well laughed at - everyone uses electric pumps now they say.  Our other option is solar, but I reckon that setup would be nicked in no time at all by one of our charming, smiling neighbours.  :( 

I have seen youtube video of bicycle-operated water pumps.  That still leaves the expensive water pump in the bore to be pinched though, if I understand the setup correctly.

Cheers.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
Re: Want to buy manual / hand-operated water pump
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »
Around here they generally use a pump powered by the PTO of a two wheeled tractor (iron buffalo). With the traditional village pump set up You don't have much success  going deeper than 5 or 6 metres, which will presumably be about the depth of the pond you have.There are other systems but they turn out as expensive as a conventional submersed pump.
Bear in mind that even stuff that is bolted down has a tendency to disappear over night, the son in law sleeps next to the tractor when he is emptying the pond.

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 06:01:09 PM »
Hermit:  Please consider this an open invitation to visit me at my family owned builders merchant store located across from the Buriram PEA Electric office building. If any store in all of Buriram province can offer you a variety of sensible priced water pumping options it is Ruangsangthai. I speak and understand English. So do the two translator women in the store. A new employee, Mr. Thai Bob speaks and understands Thai and English.  Mr. California Bob is a native English speaker. Mr. Moses Lopez speaks Thai, his native English as well as Spanish. Stop by my desk and introduce yourself and I will assign the best water pump staff to help you see the product that is best to use to pump water from a pond.

I have in stock all price ranges of water pumps including submersible, "deep well surface mount" solar powered, tractor powered, diesel water pumps, petrol water pumps, etc.. From the least expensive water hose, to high spec HDPE water pipe in all sizes. My stock in trade is home building materials but my Father and Mother started Ruangsangthai as a water pump and tool store in downtown Buriram many years ago.  I have native English speakers in the store 7 days a week to assist foreign born customers. Honda water pumps are a top name brand, yet I also stock many less expensive water pumps.

Offline Hermit

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:34:48 PM »
Thank you Pichai.  I have actually visited your family owned store, I made a point of it on my last visit to Buriram in December after reading your posts on this forum.  I met both Mr Bob and a young Thai / American fellow. 

If I didn't have to worry about thieves, I would get a solar set-up like you have on display next to the driveway.  But that will have to wait until we come to live in Thailand.

I am after a hand operated water pump, this sort of thing:

Offline Pichai

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 05:18:12 PM »
Hermit: Mr. Nop has moved to the Coast to manage a Hilton Hotel. Mr. Thai Bob in the photo has worked in several Countries and he speaks and understands Thai and English. In fact the manual hand operated water pump is in stock in Buriram at Ruangsangthai. It can pull water from a well of nine meters deep. It is located at the end of the water pump isle at my family owned builders merchants store. I look forward to your next visit.  If Mr. Thai Bob or Mr. Moses Lopez or Mr. California Bob are not in the store please ask for one of the two store translators to assist you. Certainly please introduce yourself to me when you visit Ruangsangthai.  I have a new display of Netafim drip irrigation for crops which you might consider for the farm in Buriram.

Offline Hermit

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 03:47:33 AM »
Oh woo hoo!, thank-you Khun Pichai.  I must have been asking the wrong questions in the store, I could only find the diesel powered 'water mover' pumps and the electric / solar bore pumps. 

I will ask my brother in law to come over and buy one of those.  Thanks again. 

I didn't meet Mr Thai Bob btw, it must have been Mr California Bob.   :)  Sorry to hear Mr Nop is gone, but good for him, he has a good personality to manage a Hilton hotel. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick