{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: tourist visa in savannaket  (Read 10611 times)

Offline nikothai

• Contributor with future
tourist visa in savannaket
« on: November 25, 2015, 04:36:54 AM »
hi
can you still get a new tourist visa in savannaket?????
im coming on a tourist visa from finland but after 3 month i need to get a new tourist visa.. i hope o can get it from savannaket?
regards
niko

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: tourist visa in savannaket
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 05:00:06 AM »
Why not get the new multi entry tourist visa (METV) before you leave from Finland

Look here for the requirements:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/863417-new-metv-finnish-requirements/

Please note: Double Entry Visas are becoming more and more difficult to get in the Region (Se-Asia)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 06:27:19 AM »
Why not get the new multi entry tourist visa (METV) before you leave from Finland

Look here for the requirements:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/863417-new-metv-finnish-requirements/

Please note: Double Entry Visas are becoming more and more difficult to get in the Region (Se-Asia)

There are no double or triple entry tourist visas to be had any where in the world. They have been replaced by the METV as shown above. A single entry tourist visa is still available and you should be able to obtain it at Savannahket.

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:24:20 AM »
It looks that you are right and Double Entry Tourist Visa's are NOT available anymore after the introduction of the METV.

This may cause problems with people who use them to stay long term in Thailand as (what I know) the METV is only available in your Home Country.

Single Entry ones are still available (as you said) but how many back to back No One (GL ??) knows.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 08:34:56 AM »
It looks that you are right and Double Entry Tourist Visa's are NOT available anymore after the introduction of the METV.

This may cause problems with people who use them to stay long term in Thailand as (what I know) the METV is only available in your Home Country.

Single Entry ones are still available (as you said) but how many back to back No One (GL ??) knows.

No one knows but i would not push it.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 11:23:40 AM »
A friend who falls just short of the financial requirements was told in Vientiane that the next time he came he would only get 15 days. At the age of 55 and not in the best of health he has decided to go back to Germany and work to save money to get  ฿400 000 together plus enough money to get married. Leaving a house and wife behind. I think he'll die over there.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »
A friend who falls just short of the financial requirements was told in Vientiane that the next time he came he would only get 15 days. At the age of 55 and not in the best of health he has decided to go back to Germany and work to save money to get  ฿400 000 together plus enough money to get married. Leaving a house and wife behind. I think he'll die over there.

And thats the way it goes. Don't understand the 15 days as being from a G 7 country he is entitled to 30 day visa exempt by land.

Offline davureborn

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 03:41:22 PM »

And thats the way it goes. Don't understand the 15 days as being from a G 7 country he is entitled to 30 day visa exempt by land.

Me neither. He does have a passport full of stamps. This kind of thing happens to guys that have no internet, don't speak much English anyway and aren't too bright. I told him to get married and go to Savanakhanet where they don't ask for proof of income to get a three month extension but he is afraid he might get marooned over there. I know another German guy that doesn't believe me when I tell him that he only needs  ฿400 000.- as he is married, not the  ฿800 000.- that his wife has led him into. I guess his wife is waiting for the inheritance, he is rather old and frail. There must be lots of guys like this which is why I get annoyed when I see 'holier than thou' remarks about guys on overstay. (Not on this site...).

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 03:57:21 PM »

Me neither. He does have a passport full of stamps. This kind of thing happens to guys that have no internet, don't speak much English anyway and aren't too bright. I told him to get married and go to Savanakhanet where they don't ask for proof of income to get a three month extension but he is afraid he might get marooned over there. I know another German guy that doesn't believe me when I tell him that he only needs  ฿400 000.- as he is married, not the  ฿800 000.- that his wife has led him into. I guess his wife is waiting for the inheritance, he is rather old and frail. There must be lots of guys like this which is why I get annoyed when I see 'holier than thou' remarks about guys on overstay. (Not on this site...).

The are the same guys that cause so much trouble at KCI and yes I have witnessed them in action. :o Unbelievable but to each their own. screwy

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »

Savannakhet will issue a Non O multi entry visa, based on marriage, with no proof of income. Must do a border run every 90 days. Time it right and you are good for 15 months. After that you can also apply for an extension at immigration. That will be 60 days. So all in all 17 months on one visa.

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 05:22:01 AM »
Can the Visa be collected on the same  the application is made   ?
What documents are needed  ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 06:23:34 AM »

Why not tell us what documents you took last time?

Did you need to stay over night?

Offline Alanthebuilder

• Reliable reporter with future.
  • Alan the Builder
    • Alan The Builder : Build a house in Thailand
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 06:43:05 AM »
Ive not been there for ages and things change month to month .

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 06:48:42 AM »
If asking about a Non-O based on Marriage then the following documents are required (Savannakhet, Laos)

- visa application
- 2 pictures attached to the application
- original marriage certificate (IMPORTANT)
- 1 copy of marriage certificate, i.e. front and back page copied back to back
- 1 copy of passport front page and signed
- 1 copy of wife’s ID card, front and back page dated and signed by wife
- 1 copy of wife’s Blue Book (Tabian Ban) dated and signed by wife
- 5000 Baht visa fee

You apply morning of Day 1 and pickup early afternoon Day 2.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 07:14:35 AM »
If asking about a Non-O based on Marriage then the following documents are required (Savannakhet, Laos)

- visa application
- 2 pictures attached to the application
- original marriage certificate (IMPORTANT)
- 1 copy of marriage certificate, i.e. front and back page copied back to back
- 1 copy of passport front page and signed
- 1 copy of wife’s ID card, front and back page dated and signed by wife
- 1 copy of wife’s Blue Book (Tabian Ban) dated and signed by wife
- 5000 Baht visa fee

You apply morning of Day 1 and pickup early afternoon Day 2.

You also need to take a copy of the Laos visa page in your passport. That can be done in the shop next to the consulate.

Other than that there are no other issues. Been the same for years.

I spoke to the hotelier where we stayed last time I was there. He told me that local businesses had lobbied the Thai consulate to revert back to next day delivery to help the local economy.

I have attached a copy of the application form for members' convenience. By filling the form in at home you should be able to jump a few places in the queue.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:22:54 AM by Starman »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM