{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Thailand LPG Gas supplies in Buriram  (Read 6881 times)

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
Thailand LPG Gas supplies in Buriram
« on: June 11, 2009, 07:33:18 PM »
Hi guys,

I have just ordered a swimming pool heater from Australia, gas fired using Thailand LPG gas (possesses 30% butane content). It is recommended by the manufacturer that the heater be connected directly to a 190 kg or two 90 kg bottles to work economically and successfully.

Is there any Buriramite who knows a local supplier for such, assistance much appreciated.

Post here or pm me....................thanks.....................RayBan  8)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: Thailand LPG Gas supplies in Buriram
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »
Hi,

I don't know if LPG gas stations selling bottles but you can check with them.

There are 2 LPG gas station in Buriram CITY area:

1. NEW on the road between "BIG-C" to "MAKRO".
2. On the ring road between Thep-Nakorn hotel to the ELEPHANT ROUNDABOUT.

One more is located on the way to SATUK / BURIRAM AIRPORT.

party6

There is one place I know they are making conversion to LPG and this place located opposite "7-eleven" Bus-station.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:02:05 PM »
I find it strange that anyone would be ordering a water heater in Thailand.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:19:51 PM »
True, for these things, water heater you have fully equiped built in Jacuzzi.. or what? tell us what's your plan.  jumping6

Offline RayBan

• Contributor with future
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:52 PM »
Thanks Admin for your reply and suggestions, I shall certainly call in and see if they can help. I am looking for a particular size of LPG tank, as the gas heater I am importing from Australia requires a particular source size. I can tie in 4 x 45 kg bottles, which are readily available at most town suppliers, but if I could get hold of 2 x 90 tanks, that would be much more easily connected, but I cannot to date find out whether 90 kg tanks are available on the open market here in Thailand, still researching.

By the way, this has nothing to do with gas usage, the unit I have ordered is a flagship model used by many hotel businesses etc and is extremely economical, but the burner needs a particular vapor pressure (rate of LPG evaporation) and therefore a large source of LPG is required for enough of the LPG to vaporise to requirements.

Believe it or not nookiebear, it is because of the Thai climate that the pool water gets so cold, not so much now, but in November/December/January you would have to be a brave person to enter my pool. Good exercise to keep the heart healthy would be outdone if I jumped in during these months, as I would have a heart attack from the shock of the cold water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is actually a warm climate that causes such................I am a chemical engineer and so I can tell you that it takes 1 BTU (British Thermal Unit) to raise 1 pound of water by 1 degree F. Although evaporation rates vary according to many factors, 70% of pool evaporation here in Thailand  comes from the sun's heat. For every 1 pound of water lost through evaporation, that removes 1048 BTU's from the pool.

In the summer months that is quickly replaced by the morning sun, but in winter, even in Thailand, that is not restored and one's pool is a very shocking temperature for an old codger like me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, if anyone is thinking about installing a swimming pool here in Buriram, well I am a good source of info and would be glad to help.

Take care..............I will keep you informed as to how I get on..........RayBan    8)   

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick