{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: UK Pensions.  (Read 4099 times)

Offline bonghead

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
UK Pensions.
« on: July 01, 2015, 10:02:15 AM »
I had my U/K Government Pension stopped, because i didn't return a form i didn't receive, the form is called, Life Certificate and is issued by Department for Works & Pensions, to make sure you are still entitled to the UK State Pension, upon phoning them was told my pension was stopped because i hadn't returned the form in the given two months, i said i didn't receive the form, OK we need to update your details, which they did, and i received the form, it required a professional person to sign, witness, my signature and have a business stamp. UH!! What!! .
So i went to see Steve, he phoned Thai Widows & Expats,  who said no problem. can do, met with Ray, filled out the form, sent it back to DFWP, they accepted the business stamp of Rays, and signatures, one month later all moneys backed dated and  reinstated   pension.  Thanks to Thai Widows & Expats.   oldmanwithstick   

Offline buckwhelk

Re: UK Pensions.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:59:39 AM »
Excellent post bonghead.
Not only have you highlighted a pitfall which all expat state pension recipients could potentially fall foul of, you have also provided  a solution to the issue....nice one

Offline Nobby

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 12:22:48 PM »
Excellent post bonghead.
Not only have you highlighted a pitfall which all expat state pension recipients could potentially fall foul of, you have also provided  a solution to the issue....nice one

Did they have your current/correct address in their records????

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »
I had my U/K Government Pension stopped, because i didn't return a form i didn't receive, the form is called, Life Certificate and is issued by Department for Works & Pensions, to make sure you are still entitled to the UK State Pension, upon phoning them was told my pension was stopped because i hadn't returned the form in the given two months, i said i didn't receive the form, OK we need to update your details, which they did, and i received the form, it required a professional person to sign, witness, my signature and have a business stamp. UH!! What!! .
So i went to see Steve, he phoned Thai Widows & Expats,  who said no problem. can do, met with Ray, filled out the form, sent it back to DFWP, they accepted the business stamp of Rays, and signatures, one month later all moneys backed dated and  reinstated   pension.  Thanks to Thai Widows & Expats.   oldmanwithstick   

The same thing has happened recently to a couple more lads over here ,,,,one never got the letter,the 2nd received it after the 'return by date'

Offline bonghead

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »
Nobby,  the answer is no, when i came to Thailand 5 years ago, i didn't think to inform them, everything  is now updated.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick