{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Under consideration for retirement extension  (Read 53298 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Under consideration for retirement extension
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 07:59:01 AM »
A couple of months ago the local BiB told my missus that I would need to take a copy of my passport (and visa pages) to the local cop shop. They said they were told to check on all Farangs in their area.

Infact we handed them over at one of their regular check points - they were happy with that.

I can just see those wanted posters going up with your mug shot AND profile. :D

I would expect it to be an Unwanted poster is his case.   nono

Offline olddon

• http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 11:26:54 AM »
At present I only visit here but even so have had local officials request a signed copy of my passport and they've jotted down a few details about me too.  I see this as nothing more than the wheels turning, in much the same way as sometimes but not always I have to show my passport and answer a few routine questions at police and army checkpoints on the way here.

In truth I'm left with the distinct impression that nobody in officialdom in Buriram or anywhere else in Thailand is particularly interested in me for so long as I don't start abusing the system - and of course abusing the system is something that I definitely will not do.

I don't think that there's any reason to become too worked up about a simple request for fairly routine information, but as someone who is seriously planning to move to Buriram in the future I am interested in the original premise of this thread  ie that KCI are starting to make home visits to verify Retirement Visa extensions - even though if KCI are doing so I would not see that as a problem or reason not to move here.

So, has anyone other than the original poster any experience (preferably first hand) of an "Under Consideration" stamp being issued by KCI prior to sending an official to their home to verify their address for a retirement visa extension?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »
At present I only visit here but even so have had local officials request a signed copy of my passport and they've jotted down a few details about me too.  I see this as nothing more than the wheels turning, in much the same way as sometimes but not always I have to show my passport and answer a few routine questions at police and army checkpoints on the way here.

In truth I'm left with the distinct impression that nobody in officialdom in Buriram or anywhere else in Thailand is particularly interested in me for so long as I don't start abusing the system - and of course abusing the system is something that I definitely will not do.

I don't think that there's any reason to become too worked up about a simple request for fairly routine information, but as someone who is seriously planning to move to Buriram in the future I am interested in the original premise of this thread  ie that KCI are starting to make home visits to verify Retirement Visa extensions - even though if KCI are doing so I would not see that as a problem or reason not to move here.

So, has anyone other than the original poster any experience (preferably first hand) of an "Under Consideration" stamp being issued by KCI prior to sending an official to their home to verify their address for a retirement visa extension?

There are a minimum of 9 that I know that are waiting on this house call. Go back through this thread and you will see at least 3 others.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:49:25 AM by gotlost »

Offline olddon

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 12:18:06 PM »

There are a minimum of 9 that I know that are waiting on this house call. Go back through this thread and you will see at least 3 others.

Thanks for your reply.
I only noticed two others (the first two on the thread - perhaps I've missed one somewhere else) and neither of them appears to me to be first hand experiences, but if you tell me that there are nine then there must be nine I guess.  Has any of these nine applicants posted about their experience on BE?

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
I only noticed two others (the first two on the thread - perhaps I've missed one somewhere else) and neither of them appears to me to be first hand experiences, but if you tell me that there are nine then there must be nine I guess.  Has any of these nine applicants posted about their experience on BE?

Some of these are from other forums so you have to search also keep in mind that the majority of foreigners do not use any forum at all so what we see on these forums is only a trickle of the information. This info only became available June 30th 5 days ago. With immigration closed over the weekend I don't expect to hear anything tell tomorrow at the earlist.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:44:28 PM by gotlost »

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 12:57:38 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

I posted on this board and I'm one of the people who got an Under Consideration stamp in his passport.. That was on the 30th of June.. So I am a first hand account that this is happening at KCI.. I am awaiting my home visit..

Offline olddon

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2015, 01:38:06 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

I posted on this board and I'm one of the people who got an Under Consideration stamp in his passport.. That was on the 30th of June.. So I am a first hand account that this is happening at KCI.. I am awaiting my home visit..

Thanks for your helpful and informative reply.
I hope that all goes well with your home visit when it takes place, and I look forward to learning more about this new retirement extension requirement as and when further info becomes available.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2015, 01:47:12 PM »

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your helpful and informative reply.
I hope that all goes well with your home visit when it takes place, and I look forward to learning more about this new retirement extension requirement as and when further info becomes available.

Thanks for the reply and as I get verified info I shall post. As for me I'm on  my fourth marriage extension which was renewed last month and only the first one did I have a visit.

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2015, 02:48:06 PM »
Like banging your head against the wall.. My police station does not and never has had Royal Thai police in it..  character4

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »
Like banging your head against the wall.. My police station does not and never has had Royal Thai police in it..  character4

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. :P

Offline KhunG

• Contributor with future
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2015, 02:07:19 PM »
So, I was doing the 800 KBaht retirement extension so that I could get it done all at once, vs the family extension with it's "under consideration" and home visit.  If I switch to the 400 KBaht family extension for my next renewal, I'll be treated the same as if I did the retirement extension.  Correct?

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2015, 03:18:55 PM »
So, I was doing the 800 KBaht retirement extension so that I could get it done all at once, vs the family extension with it's "under consideration" and home visit.  If I switch to the 400 KBaht family extension for my next renewal, I'll be treated the same as if I did the retirement extension.  Correct?

At KCI that would appear to be the case.

Offline Tod Daniels

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »
I truly am sorry for the coarse wording of the now thankfully deleted post. Perhaps I was (as is my style) using a sledgehammer to pound in a pin.. I have a gift of being able to alienate people right out of the gate.

BUT,

I cannot wrap my head around the abject fear some foreigners have here dealing with anyone in a too-tight uniform with a bunch of baubles hangin' off it!! In your home country you'd wouldn't take being treated like that for a second. Yet here you tip toe around like you're on eggshells, bowing, scraping, tugging your forelock. You guys aren't guests here! You apply for permission to live here a year at a time. However, once they put that stamp in your passport, you have the RIGHT according to thai immigrations law to be here.

Surprisingly (or not), contrary to some posters assertions; I DON'T have more alias's that an FBI wanted poster! I post on almost EVERY forum related to the glorious "Land 'O Thais" under some permutation of my name Tod Daniels.

I did call them Friday and got the "boss man not in" call back Monday. So I called Tuesday, again I got the "boss man not in". I ended up talking to the gurl who was unlucky enough to answer the phone. She had 'so-so-engrish-skills' so we conversed in thai. I got the "we must check everything for the first year". When I said, "I'd been getting extensions based on "being old" at Kap Choen for years now, but was told to come back" she tried the "new government" as the next a lame excuse. That's when I said the Police Order which controls extensions and visas hasn't been changed last August..

I then countered her sputtering with there's NO official policy even remotely saying there is a 30 day review for yearly extensions of stay based on อายุ๕๐ปีเกินไป ใช้ชีวิตบั้นปลาย (being over 50 and living out the end of your life); the REAL clause wording for what is called "retirement". I asked who the head of Kap Choeng Immigrations was but she wouldn't tell me, even though I'd already googled it and it appears to be พ.ต.ท. สมศักดิ์ วงศ์ชัยประเสริฐ..

Then I played the trump card and said, "I heard a rumor that there is a บริการด่วน (express service) where I don't have return in 30 days, but get the extension on the spot. She said it was "case by case". I asked if it involved ค่าน้ำร้อนน้ำชา (tea money) and speculated it was a policy made up by Kap Choeng as a technique to รีดเงิน <- (wring money) out of foreigners who have to drive several hundred kilometers there and back.

That's when she went off, as in literally came unstuck, almost shouting at me on the phone! She said NO one there has ever asked or suggested anything of the sort! She almost screeched, If I had proof I should call the government hot line. I asked her name/rank and she hung up the phone!

That's both so sad and very bad.. Don't forget, they're the same people who wouldn't process mail in 90 day reports unless there was an added "incentive" in the envelope. Then when they got caught out on that they totally stopped taking mail in reports. Of course this was before online reporting came into effect.

You know I live in Bangkok and I deal ONLY with Chaengwattana. BUT I peruse the inter-web, reading forums all over the country. I've called offices from Chiang Rai to Hat Yai checking, vetting and asking them about stuff I read to see if it's an isolated incident or a policy change by that immigrations office..

I know you guys are a tight knit group, that's good, you should be, BUT you should also call thais on the carpet in person or complain to the hotline when they "move the bar" only because they believe they can and are secure in the fact no one will question or challenge it.

Again, I am sincerely sorry my earlier post was so coarse. Hopefully this one is a "kinder, gentler Tod Daniels".. It's as close as I can get..

Offline Jackie-boy

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2015, 03:54:08 PM »
Informative post as normal Tod  punk

Again, I am sincerely sorry my earlier post was so coarse. Hopefully this one is a "kinder, gentler Tod Daniels".. It's as close as I can get..

Lots of chat in the shoutbox after your last post Tod but on the whole your posts are gratefully received,some of these provincial forums are more akin to Thaivisa ,as is their moderation and Teakdoor-esk posts can offend those that like the more protected social mediums   :)

Offline Tod Daniels

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2015, 04:03:59 PM »
I hafta say, this forum appears to be composed of people who are willing to help each other out, rather than shout somebody down for asking the same question again.

That is a really GOOD thing, you guys seem to look out for, and if not take care at least provide as accurate advice as you can about the different topics.

I wish there was a forum like that in bangkok, alas it's T/V or the highway, and having been banned from there eons ago over a dispute with a forum sponsor, I won't go back..

I freely admit I'm one hard-core m/f and quite possibly an asshole at the best of times, but with that being said, I am a stand up guy who tries to do what I say I'll do.

Thank you, one and all for letting me stay a member of the forum. I will do my best to "color inside the lines" from now on..

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick