{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Poll

Do you have a Yellow House Book ?

Yes (Please add if it was difficult to obtain)
No
I tried to get one, but failed (Please explain)
What is a Yellow House Book ?

Author Topic: Yellow House Book ?  (Read 36567 times)

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Yellow House Book ?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 03:20:35 AM »
Thanks Freddy.  Wife called today  and got a list of requirements ànd she said they
 were very helpful as well. We will have some running around to do but it does seem doable.  Did they mention to you notarized  copies of passport certified by consulate including get Thai translations?   They also want proof of residence from KCI.

You can scrap KCI on that proof of residence as by reports that have stopped issuing certificates of residency. You can try your local cop shop.

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 03:29:37 AM »
Thanks Freddy.  Wife called today  and got a list of requirements ànd she said they
 were very helpful as well. We will have some running around to do but it does seem doable.  Did they mention to you notarized  copies of passport certified by consulate including get Thai translations?   They also want proof of residence from KCI.

You can scrap KCI on that proof of residence as by reports that have stopped issuing certificates of residency. You can try your local cop shop.

Well thats NO good......

However easier to get from cop shop at Buriram as long as I take the form pre filled out I am told.  But if Amphur will not accept that then what...Catch 22??

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 03:42:21 AM »

Well thats NO good......

However easier to get from cop shop at Buriram as long as I take the form pre filled out I am told.  But if Amphur will not accept that then what...Catch 22??

You will be SOL. I was in KCI the other  day for my marriage extension and was told that they no more will make any copies you must go across highway and that no more cr's by them. They said screw the faring bitching, If your cop shop will do it can be from free to 1000 baht tea money and that has been reported on this forum. US embassy charges 1500 baht and the Brits 2500 baht. Makes that 500 baht charge with no recipe a bargain. :biggrin:

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 03:47:15 AM »

Well thats NO good......

You will be SOL. I was in KCI the other  day for my marriage extension and was told that they no more will make any copies you must go across highway and that no more cr's by them. They said screw the faring bitching, If your cop shop will do it can be from free to 1000 baht tea money and that has been reported on this forum. US embassy charges 1500 baht and the Brits 2500 baht. Makes that 500 baht charge with no recipe a bargain. :biggrin:

Yes it does.  What a shame...

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 06:45:40 AM »

Well thats NO good......

Not such a bargain when you add 1,000 Baht of motoring costs!

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 06:56:59 AM »

Queation, you mention proof of residence from KCI, but KCI has stopped issuing those how are you going to do that ?

Offline DeputyDavid

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 06:59:57 AM »
Well iammike, there in lies the problem.....  We will have to see if the Amphur will accept RC from local cop shop, if not it will have to come from the US embassy in BKK, or not at all. 

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 07:09:24 AM »
Well iammike, there in lies the problem.....  We will have to see if the Amphur will accept RC from local cop shop, if not it will have to come from the US embassy in BKK, or not at all.

My problem is a bit more complicated (as you maybe know) but you have fortunately good alternatives. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted about your experience.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 09:30:32 AM »

Well thats NO good......

Not such a bargain when you add 1,000 Baht of motoring costs!

character2

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 03:08:45 PM »
Where can I change my vote from No to Yes !!!!!!

Reason being, I got my Yellow Book issued today here in Krasang.

Took a lot of paperwork and 3 witnesses and a couple of hours at the Amphur, but since this morning I'm the owner of a Yellow House Book with a Buriram address.

Next week off to KCI and see what curve ball they throw at me this time ;)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:12:20 PM by iammike »

Offline Somnat

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 03:22:21 PM »
@ iammike ..... firstly, well done  thumbup

if you get time could you possibly list what was need paperwork wise?

I know that different areas require different documentation, a list would surly help anybody going down the same road,

I remember 7 years ago when I applied in Buriam that ALL English documents had to be certified by the MFA.

I believe that that may not be the case in some areas now ?

love5

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 03:32:18 PM »
Hi Somnat,

Thanks and I will do that for sure (was already busy typing ;)) and will post that shortly.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »
 thumbup party3 thumbup party3 thumbup party3

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 04:04:47 PM »
Thanks GL and also again thanks for the Moral Support :)

Hereby the list of Documents that was needed to be issued a Yellow House Book at the Krasang Amphur this morning.

One thing what was made very clear to me by the Amphur is that if you are Married it is way way easier then for a Single Guy.

Documents (we) needed:

- Original Wedding Certificate and 2-3 copies
- Wifes Tabien Baan and Id card and copies
- Original Passport with 2-3 copies
- 3 witnesses (No Family), I brought Village Chief, Obotor and a Friend from Krasang.
- All witnesses need to bring their Tabien Baan and Id card with 2-3 copies
- 2 (or 3) can't remember 2" Pictures of yourself (important is that they use a white background when taking the picture and also the size (2") is important).
- a Picture which must have the related family and the Witnesses all in one shot.
- The Full name of both Your Father and Mother translated into Thai (this was done by my Niece and it was accepted (no questions asked (Phew that saved me a trip to BKK ;))
- Your Full Name in Thai but that is no problem as it's already on your Wedding Certificate and Ledger (KR 2 and KR 3)
- All witnesses, and your wife have to fill in a form (2 sides) which states something like that Mr ..... Age .... Nationality...... etc etc is really living at that address etc etc

All in all it took yesterday around 2.5 hours (12:30 - 15:00) and this morning another 1 hour.

Offline Somnat

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 04:34:02 PM »
Good work iammike  thumbup

Surprised they didn't want the passport translated though ????

In Buriram they also (depending on what day it is) want to see a certificate of residence from immigration  screwy

I guess the word hasn't filtered down as yet .....

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick