{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Wooo Wooo AirAsia Launches Bangkok-Buriram Daily Flights  (Read 14847 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Wooo Wooo AirAsia Launches Bangkok-Buriram Daily Flights
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
February 25, 2015
http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2015/02/airasia-launches-bangkok-buriram-daily-flights/

party6

AirAsia will soon be launching a new direct route in Thailand from Bangkok?s Don Mueang airport to Buriram in the Northeast of Thailand. Buriram was one of the places chosen for the Tourism Authority of Thailand?s ?Cities That Can?t Be Missed? campaign as it has a variety of appeals. The city is home to world renowned stone castle Panom Rung Castle as well as Mueang Tum Castle, another well known landmark that draws many visitors each year. Buriram also has a more modern draw as it is a leading location for sporting activities with its Motor Sports stadium and leading Thai football team, Buriram United, who are both Thai Premier League Champions and considered major contenders in Asia.

Mr. Santisuk Klongchaiya, Director of Commercial for Thai AirAsia, remarked that ?Don Mueang-Buriram? is a route that AirAsia has been excitedly waiting to introduce for sometime as it builds on the airline?s connection to the wave of sporting fervor that has developed over the past 2-3 years. He revealed that sports fans have been calling out for the route continuously and assured that AirAsia is glad to be able to help football fans travel to see their favorite team more comfortably with AirAsia?s great prices, noted on-time record and fleet of Airbus A320s, all ready to seat up to 180 passengers each day.

The new route ?Don Mueang-Buriram? begins flying on 2nd April 2015 in time for the Khao Phanom Rung Festival. The new route will be launched with a debut promotional fare starting at only 390 Baht per trip and is available for booking from today until 8 March 2015 for travel from 2 April 2015 to 26 March 2016 at www.airasia.com and all AirAsia ticketing channels; all Counter Service and 7-11 branches, via the mobile app, authorized agents, AirAsia Counters nationwide or through the Call Center Tel. 02-515-9999.

Source: Press Release

Wow, I could have saved myself 900 baht with the 390 baht price.  Just checked and the flights are available.  Looks like the flights are 2 hours earlier than Nok Air.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: Wooo Wooo AirAsia Launches Bangkok-Buriram Daily Flights
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »
February 25, 2015
http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2015/02/airasia-launches-bangkok-buriram-daily-flights/

party6

AirAsia will soon be launching a new direct route in Thailand from Bangkok?s Don Mueang airport to Buriram in the Northeast of Thailand. Buriram was one of the places chosen for the Tourism Authority of Thailand?s ?Cities That Can?t Be Missed? campaign as it has a variety of appeals. The city is home to world renowned stone castle Panom Rung Castle as well as Mueang Tum Castle, another well known landmark that draws many visitors each year. Buriram also has a more modern draw as it is a leading location for sporting activities with its Motor Sports stadium and leading Thai football team, Buriram United, who are both Thai Premier League Champions and considered major contenders in Asia.

Mr. Santisuk Klongchaiya, Director of Commercial for Thai AirAsia, remarked that ?Don Mueang-Buriram? is a route that AirAsia has been excitedly waiting to introduce for sometime as it builds on the airline?s connection to the wave of sporting fervor that has developed over the past 2-3 years. He revealed that sports fans have been calling out for the route continuously and assured that AirAsia is glad to be able to help football fans travel to see their favorite team more comfortably with AirAsia?s great prices, noted on-time record and fleet of Airbus A320s, all ready to seat up to 180 passengers each day.

The new route ?Don Mueang-Buriram? begins flying on 2nd April 2015 in time for the Khao Phanom Rung Festival. The new route will be launched with a debut promotional fare starting at only 390 Baht per trip and is available for booking from today until 8 March 2015 for travel from 2 April 2015 to 26 March 2016 at www.airasia.com and all AirAsia ticketing channels; all Counter Service and 7-11 branches, via the mobile app, authorized agents, AirAsia Counters nationwide or through the Call Center Tel. 02-515-9999.

Source: Press Release

Wow, I could have saved myself 900 baht with the 390 baht price.  Just checked and the flights are available.  Looks like the flights are 2 hours earlier than Nok Air.

Something certainly worth Woo Woo-ing about Keith, well done.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:03:46 PM »
From my standpoint I am very glad to have more competition into Buriram.  But more than that, there are business opportunities here. 

I am seriously considering one, just have to sell my boss (the TW) on it.   Money is available to be made here, you just have to be ready to invest and accept loss. 

I have said before, successful people are those that have tried and failed, then tried again.  I think I am on my 4th or 5th tried again. 

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:39:54 PM »
I wonder how long it will last.

Airlines have been increasing, decreasing and cancelling schedules from Bangkok to Buriram and back again for as long as I can remember.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »
I wonder how long it will last.

Airlines have been increasing, decreasing and cancelling schedules from Bangkok to Buriram and back again for as long as I can remember.

Agree. But my money is on AA to KO Nokair

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 03:03:27 PM »
Welcome news, but it seems poorly thought out IMHO.

Buriram Airport has minimal facilities for handling passengers, a single check in desk, a one person four table snack bar, no secure car parking, no taxis or buses and a ratty old pick up shifting baggage to and from the aircraft.

It's busy enough dealing with the 36(?) seater aircraft Nok Air uses.

When Air Asia start with their 180 seater carrying 5 times the passengers footballscarf it'll be nothing short of chaotic. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 05:21:43 PM »

Buriram Airport has minimal facilities for handling passengers, a single check in desk, a one person four table snack bar, no secure car parking, no taxis or buses and a ratty old pick up shifting baggage to and from the aircraft.

When Air Asia start with their 180 seater carrying 5 times the passengers footballscarf it'll be nothing short of chaotic. 

As I said earlier, business opportunties, the TW and I are looking into ours. 

For Example, why not an airport hotel?   

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 07:24:40 PM »

As I said earlier, business opportunties, the TW and I are looking into ours. 

For Example, why not an airport hotel?

12 rooms 3 meter square. Each room bright multi exterior color and an adjacent car port with a curtain. Might be OK. :biggrin:

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 07:29:27 AM »

AA have done their homework as Newin is sorting out transport & underwriting any losses over the first year

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 07:39:52 AM »

DJ, you will probably remember when Gatwick was little more than a potato field  -  Rome wasn't built in a day.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 11:29:40 AM »
It's good to see even the most cynical blokes saying positive things about this and I truly hope it is a success.

Remember TIT.

Research here will always show what the boss expects/wants.

I can see 180 people wanting to visit Buriram a couple of times a year for the International motorcycling and a few times a year for football; but every day?
I'm with Starman on this.  redman

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 11:40:11 AM »
After Songkran, watch the bottom drop out. mhihi

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2015, 11:42:12 AM »
It's good to see even the most cynical blokes saying positive things about this and I truly hope it is a success.

Remember TIT.

I can see 180 people wanting to visit Buriram a couple of times a year for the International motorcycling and a few times a year for football; but every day?

I flew with Nok last month and I would estimate that the flight was 2/3 full to BKK and 3/4 full coming back.  (No where near 180 mind you - perhaps Air Asia have some turbo props)....

Not enough people for URLeft's hotel though......

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 11:49:07 AM »

Remember TIT.

I flew with Nok last month and I would estimate that the flight was 2/3 full to BKK and 3/4 full coming back.  (No where near 180 mind you - perhaps Air Asia have some turbo props)....

What about a short time hotel? love1

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 05:39:00 AM »

Remember TIT.

AA is all jet A320 fleet

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM