{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015  (Read 139826 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »
IMHO it's much ado about nothing as highlighted by SofaKing
If you are applying for an extension of stay (using money in Thai bank option) then they already have your bank account details and phone number and if you use online 90 day reports then they have your email address. As far as I am concerned if I need to fill the form in then I can accept that this is one of the conditions I must satisfy to remain in the Kingdom.
Also IMHO it is unlikely that any posts on this (or other) forum will influence immigration to implement or not implement any change to their existing procedures. But thats just me...

Thank you.... Agree..

I have a different opinion, the thought that one man could not have caused this form to be part of KCI required documents is not totally true. 

Suppose this one man that is a very knowledgeable authority on Thailand Immigration issues told everyone he advised since April to “While you are at KCI ask if they need this form?”

We also know from postings here that Expats have actually tried to provide this form and possibly left copies at KCI. 

If enough people ask a typical GVT employee will eventually ask their boss.  If enough people asked this would have been brought the attention of the Head of KCI.  They could then call their bosses and eventually could have received the answer “Yes we are going to implement the form, so you might as well do it.”

Some questions:

1.   What is Official Thai Government Form Number?
2.   What Official Thai Government Immigration order and/or website requires the form?
3.   Why is the form not also in Thai?  What other GVT mandated  immigration forms are only in English?

As one posting said, KCI would mandate the form when KCI was ready, and then we would add it.  It appears to me that this form is being implemented without the official process as was done with the penalty form. 

This is almost a classic road to Abilene dynamic.  Or what I call the Beckett complex, that is where a senior official says something and underlings cause it to happen without proper implementation. 

And yes, the form is not that bad, and it is still easier that what my GVT  requires.  Thailand basically has that information anyway.  However it is additional requirement that causes time and effort.  For example, I know 2 people that had a completed immigration packet, until now.

And lastly, this form was never presented here as “Hey, heads up, there may be a new immigration requirement coming.”  It was presented as “Here is a new form for your list” 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:07:28 PM by urleft »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2016, 05:20:41 PM »
There is a form in Thai. You should read all posts.

The details about implementation are in the link. Read the link.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2016, 05:24:24 PM »

Why not include the link in your posting so there would be no question as to exactly what you mean? 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »

I think you are trying (unnecessarily) to justify yourself.

You brought the form to peoples attention - that is good.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »
I think you are correct, CoCo. Thanks.

Every one else seems content.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2016, 05:35:59 PM »
Well congratulations to both of you for successfully bringing the form to local officials' attention and being a catalyst in causing KCI's implementation. 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2016, 05:49:17 PM »
Well congratulations to both of you for successfully bringing the form to local officials' attention and being a catalyst in causing KCI's implementation.

Congrats Keith............. paranoia in action!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2016, 06:15:14 PM »

Congrats Keith............. paranoia in action!

Ray,

I have over 30 years support to Governments, my last 5 on my job I had to move hundreds in/out of several countries, several times I was the senior man in country and had get a crisis solved now.  I was investigated for taking US equipment out of the country on a Russian Jet chartered by the UK into middle east, lawyers had a field day with that one, and we all had a good laugh about it. 

So I learned to work real hard to identify the requirements, provide those requirements, but do not offer extra.  I kept extra as backup, but I provided the stated requirements. 

So just like on this thread, I stated what was required.  When People come to me I prepare them for other questions (e.g. bank book copies), but tell them not to provide it unless asked.  I would highly recommend you use that principal.  Only officially provide what is required.  But have backup in case more is demanded. 

From the start of Starman pushing his form (note he said add the form, not be prepared) I cautioned restraint on bringing it to KCI's attention, obviously you had other views.   

So congratulations of your success.   

However, one thing I note is that this may be a one time form, not a continuous requirement.  Once you provide it that may be the one and only time.  It will not be needed as an every time submission.  But we will just have to wait and see. 

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:21:35 PM by urleft »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2016, 06:23:50 PM »
Just for your information,Dick.

I have not used KCI office for over 2 years. I have never offered anyone the form. I have warned that a new form may be shown and that a photo will be required.

I too am an expat living in Thailand. Why on earth would either myself or CoCo want to petition immigration to make things harder for expats to stay here.

The form has materialised, as I predicted. You can't handle being wrong.

So be it.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2016, 06:42:53 PM »
Just for your information,Dick.

I have not used KCI office for over 2 years. I have never offered anyone the form. I have warned that a new form may be shown and that a photo will be required.

I too am an expat living in Thailand. Why on earth would either myself or CoCo want to petition immigration to make things harder for expats to stay here.

So be it.

Wow, are you on drugs? 

To your statement you never offered anyone the form, what is this: 

Here is a new form for your list, Urleft.

In my book that is not only a direct offer, but advocating providing it to immigration. 

And then again here you are pushing the form: 

You may wish to ask about this too:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/926785-controversial-foreign-national-information-form-arrives-in-pattaya-being-rolled-out-nationwide/?utm_source=newsletter-20160622-1359&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Why would I need to ask if KCI already said no, other than to bring it to their attention? 

And don't forget this post which you thanked:

I think you are trying (unnecessarily) to justify yourself.

You brought the form to peoples attention - that is good.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:55:19 PM by urleft »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »

So be it.

Exactly what was I wrong about?  Quote me. 

So according to you the form should be added to the packet even though KCI does not know about or require it?  Amazing. 

I'll remain suspect until it's officially required at KCI.  And if and when that happens a new thread will probably be required as the KCI provided instructions should also change.

Also quote your prediction that the form will be required. 

One reason I have not started a new dummy thread is that I don't have any independent verification that your form is required at KCI.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:04:30 PM by urleft »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2016, 07:19:30 PM »
BTW, I have a fairly good handle on KCI retirement requirements.  My knowledge of other type "visa" issues is extremely limited to the point I don't advise people.   

While I don't know all the ins/outs I don't think it is prudent to offer up on an open forum that while living in Buriram you have not used KCI for over 2 years.  However, I readily acknowledge that your overall knowledge of Thailand immigration greatly exceeds mine, so I would expect you would be covered if an immigration official noted your statement.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:24:46 PM by urleft »

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2016, 07:51:32 PM »
BTW, I have a fairly good handle on KCI retirement requirements. My knowledge of other type "visa" issues is extremely limited to the point I don't advise people.   

While I don't know all the ins/outs I don't think it is prudent to offer up on an open forum that while living in Buriram you have not used KCI for over 2 years.  However, I readily acknowledge that your overall knowledge of Thailand immigration greatly exceeds mine, so I would expect you would be covered if an immigration official noted your statement.

You have answered your own thoughts. Well done.

Actually I was given a lifetime visa for all of the good work I have done in the past with regards to making new forms and getting them implemented into KCI procedures. They love me down there. I even have my own hotline and fax number so I can regularly send them my new ideas. I ma ready for a new form right now. Hope to get it in by year end. I'll let you have a copy when it is ready.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:57:05 PM by Starman »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2016, 07:54:57 PM »
BTW, I have a fairly good handle on KCI retirement requirements. My knowledge of other type "visa" issues is extremely limited to the point I don't advise people.   

You have answered your own thoughts. Well done.

Not a problem.  I know I am not perfect. 

Now explain exactly how you did not provide Starman's form to anyone while posting "Here is a new form"

Here is a new form .

Your credibility is very suspect with your own post.

And please use my own words (as in quote) against me rather than just making a statement that I was wrong.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:10:21 PM by urleft »

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2016, 08:36:18 PM »
Some questions:

1.   What is Official Thai Government Form Number?
2.   What Official Thai Government Immigration order and/or website requires the form?
3.   Why is the form not also in Thai?  What other GVT mandated  immigration forms are only in English?

I realize that I was not specific enough on question 3 based on Starman's response.  What I should have asked is "Why this form is not in dual Thai/English like most other immigration forms?"   

Most of the Thai required immigration forms are both in Thai and English.  There are exceptions such as the income form what was only in Thai.  However, I cannot specify a single Thailand immigration form that is English only. 

So what Thailand immigration forms are English only (and have a corresponding Thai only counterpart)? 

It appears to me that Starman's form is the only one. 

If this is not the case, provide the Thailand Government Link to the specified forms. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick