{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015  (Read 141032 times)

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2016, 04:08:30 PM »
Quite right CoCo. Why the impotance of 400000? Urleft also had his wife with him.

I'm wondering if they have confused the matter and are processing based on marriage.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2016, 04:14:15 PM »
A retirement extension

Then it sounds like they were looking at the combination method ?

Stating the obvious, 400k is not sufficient for a retirement extension

They did not need the combination method.  I kept trying to explain to the girl that the embassy statement was sufficient, but she would not accept it. 

She came up with the 400K baht figure, whether that was still a factor after we agreed to just provide a copy of the bank book  I am not sure.  But I can say the money in the bank did not meet the 90 day seasoning requirement. 

It could also be that they made me make a bank book copy so she would not loose face because she didn't understand the Income statement.  I saw the guy understood the statement as he checked the embossed seal and then did the dollar to baht exchange rate onto the Thai income form. 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2016, 04:27:56 PM »
The bank book copy could have been 'face' but I suspect it may also satisfy their requirement to see money coming in and being spent in Thailand.

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »
The bank book copy could have been 'face' but I suspect it may also satisfy their requirement to see money coming in and being spent in Thailand.

Good point CoCo.

I remember reading somewhere that some immigration offices have started, or are going to start, actively looking for evidence that the income is actually being sent to a Thai bank account.

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2016, 05:26:07 PM »
As mentioned in my visit description a week or two ago, the front desk gals at KCI were totally clueless; changed their info as quickly as the second hand moved.  Wifey was being polite and believing their 'instructions'; I am too stubborn for that.  Luckily for us, one of the officials from the next room happened to walk by and chimed in.  We then made progress in quick order.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2016, 05:47:34 PM »
Without the girl/s  KCI would be forked.

Offline BillH52

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »
There were 3 of them sitting there that day; none of them were giving the same answer twice or knew what was going on.  A few months time will help.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2016, 07:13:11 PM »
There were 3 of them sitting there that day; none of them were giving the same answer twice or knew what was going on.  A few months time will help.

It never does with these twats.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
I think it just sounds like the girl was confused with the different requirements and amounts. I have my 800,000 in a separate fixed deposit account. Despite my bank letter I also had to provide a evidence of money in and out of my savings/current account. Mine had a little over 300,000baht at the time. It wasn't an issue!!

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2016, 10:02:16 PM »

Last year's girl was super, but now, what mass confusion, they admitted the girl checking was new but they did not have a competent overseer to check.  And the head boss was not there.   

From my standpoint I don't really care if they want me show me spending baht here, what I am trying to get is a consistant acceptable paperwork requirement.  And as yet I cannot keep up with the changes, that appear to be arbitrary. 

Offline buckwhelk

• Contributor with future
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2016, 10:27:12 PM »
That is what the IO told me last year that they wanted to confirm that I was spending money in the Kingdom.

Offline Freddy

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2016, 06:59:47 AM »
That is what the IO told me last year that they wanted to confirm that I was spending money in the Kingdom.

And also I was able to show that I periodically transfer money from my UK bank to my Thai account for living expenses. They simply want evidence of an income unrelated to working in Thailand.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2016, 07:46:36 AM »

Last year's girl was super, but now, what mass confusion, they admitted the girl checking was new but they did not have a competent overseer to check.  And the head boss was not there.   

From my standpoint I don't really care if they want me show me spending baht here, what I am trying to get is a consistant acceptable paperwork requirement.  And as yet I cannot keep up with the changes, that appear to be arbitrary.

That consistency is something that I also crave for.

I have often said that I have no issue with Thailand's immigration rules - in fact I wish my home country had similar rules. What I have had issue with is the application of those rules. "Tell me what you need me to provide and I will comply" has been my attitude. Undocumented changes (from the written Thai Police Orders) - such as the need to see evidence of money in/out - are frustrating if you have not been made aware of those changes. This forum obviously helps in that respect.

From my observations on Tuesday, and recent reports from friends, I believe that KCI is going in the right direction.

In a somewhat 'unThai' way they have have obviously reviewed their operation and made changes. Number one, they have more staff. The reception desk has been moved out of the lobby and the female assistant moved into an office, She now has an assistant and, whilst she may be inexperienced at the moment things will obviously improve.

The captain who processed my extension last year is also located in the office to the left. There is a sign on the door referring to information about 90 day reporting online but he processed my friends marriage extension yesterday. He was then sent through to the main office where (I believe) there were four immigration officers.

The captain was not interested in the 2 copies of the application my friend provided. Consistent with earlier reports, they sign and stamp the original copy and send you off to have them photocopied - one additional copy.

I am encouraged by these changes and now that the 90 day online reporting system works for me, I shall only need to visit to avail myself of their services once a year.

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2016, 09:41:31 AM »
Thanks Co-Co... Good article... and Very True..

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2016, 09:42:18 PM »
Ray and I seem to be seeing eye to eye.  We don't care what is right, fair, etc.  We just want to know what Thailand requires. 

Having tried and failed to get a USA visa for my TW 4 times, I believe the Thai system is more than fair.  However, let me know what Thailand wants to see and I will provide it. 

I personally think that current issues are based on those expats that pay 15,000+ plus to get their visa and not worry about a 90 day report.  The funny part being that I don't think these are ones causing the problems, it is the expats gaming the system to earn Thailand money to live. 

Somewhere on a forum I read where an expat got a work permit while on a retirement visa, I would like to get that as I have extra money to invest.  Unfortunately current rules will not allow that. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick