{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015  (Read 139814 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 11:15:02 PM »
Great for you Ray.  Glad everything worked.  I really appreciate your feedback as I will use it for my next extension.

What is noteworthy here is that KCI made copies for his extension. 

So be Nice, KCI might take care of you.     

As opposed to the F@@King USA Embassy. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 11:12:43 AM »

I handed over 2,000 Baht and said 'mai ow' to the change. I received a wai for that. :)

I was aware from Got Lost that KCI no longer offered a copying service (that was hit and miss because in the best I have had to get copies from the shop over the road from KCI). I asked if it would be possible for the new extension etc to be photocopied. The reply was "I will help you..." He duly did.

I bet those two events are directly related.  Seems like a good approach to hand over the 2000 Baht instead of exact change. 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 12:36:20 PM »

I handed over 2,000 Baht and said 'mai ow' to the change. I received a wai for that. :)

I was aware from Got Lost that KCI no longer offered a copying service (that was hit and miss because in the best I have had to get copies from the shop over the road from KCI). I asked if it would be possible for the new extension etc to be photocopied. The reply was "I will help you..." He duly did.

I bet those two events are directly related.  Seems like a good approach to hand over the 2000 Baht instead of exact change.

Funnily enough Keith, as part of my preparation I had exactly 1,900 Baht paper clipped to the TM7 application and 4,000 Baht clipped to the TM8. I had intended to leave 200 tip from the change from the reentry permit 3,800 Baht.The guy who served  me held it  and spoke to a colleague (probably, "this tight git has only given the exact money".).

When he moved away from his desk I changed it to 2,000 Baht. After helping me with the photocopying I was happy to leave another 200 Baht - more than I would normally do but I appreciated not being sent to the copy shop on the main road.

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 04:20:35 PM »

Funnily enough Keith, as part of my preparation I had exactly 1,900 Baht paper clipped to the TM7 application and 4,000 Baht clipped to the TM8. I had intended to leave 200 tip from the change from the reentry permit 3,800 Baht.The guy who served  me held it  and spoke to a colleague (probably, "this tight git has only given the exact money".).

When he moved away from his desk I changed it to 2,000 Baht. After helping me with the photocopying I was happy to leave another 200 Baht - more than I would normally do but I appreciated not being sent to the copy shop on the main road.

Wife handed over 2,000 baht and the IO handed back a receipt and 100 baht.

Offline dundeemk6

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 04:59:39 PM »
That is maybe the smartest way to avoid the teamoney, let your wive hand over the money. They will not tip the officer, rather keep the money for themselves !!!!

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 08:27:22 PM »

Wife handed over 2,000 baht and the IO handed back a receipt and 100 baht.

I am sure they did, you have greased them with enough free coffees over the years !   :P

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 10:29:46 PM »

After having lived by US rules where bribes are illegal (but Ted Kennedy can get away with murdering his GF) and being in Thailand where you can pay 200 baht to avoid a traffic fine, I'll take Thailand. 

Yes we should not have to pay extra.  However, if I can pay an extra 300 baht at KCI to get my extension and everything goes smoothly to include them making copies for me, I will gladly pay that every time. 

It is worth it to me.  Having been an inspector of GVT paperwork, you can almost always find something wrong. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 11:08:14 PM »
I was just contacted by an Expat that I helped to get his first retirement Extension "visa".  he was approved without a residence check at KCI.   He said that he was glad he talked to me first.   

So my 100% success rate continues. 

EXPATS, you can do it on you own. 

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 08:28:46 AM »
I was just contacted by an Expat that I helped to get his first retirement Extension "visa".  he was approved without a residence check at KCI.   He said that he was glad he talked to me first.   

So my 100% success rate continues. 

EXPATS, you can do it on you own.

This is the second one that has ben confirmed but unfortunately there still given out under consideration for retards. So don't  be to over confident. :P

BTW had it confirmed that a retard from  Phang nga Immigration was able to do a 90 day report at KCI this past week. Who knows , it may have been luck or maybe they could be changing.

Offline bonghead

• Contributor with future
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 09:09:16 AM »
My retirement extension and 90 days are due on the 7 Sept, this will be my fifth extension,never had any problems
with paper work, if i get under  consideration stamped in my passport, will is make me a Retard.       party13

Offline gotlost

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 10:21:18 AM »
My retirement extension and 90 days are due on the 7 Sept, this will be my fifth extension,never had any problems
with paper work, if i get under  consideration stamped in my passport, will is make me a Retard.       party13

It will be interesting to hear about your visit next month. Hoping for the best. bananadance

Offline Jackie-boy

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 10:38:37 AM »

You never know with Gotlost if he means retard/retired  or Form/Forum or Thinks/Thanks, but as long as there is no red squiggly line underneath he knows he's spelled it right  :biggrin:

Keep up the good work Gotlost ,you always brighten my day  thumbup

Offline bonghead

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 05:48:10 PM »
Well today was  90 day and retirement extension day,arrived at 10:30am entered the building and was going to turn right, but was called to a desk to the left by a young lady, was asked for my passport she look through it, and then gave my wife three forms for me to fill in,   wildman the first was some questions, of what was already on the TM 7, 2nd asking if i understood what would happen if i overstayed, 3rd again name, age,ext, ext, so with this done, gave her the papers back, now she wants the TM7 and all the photocopies i had already, i also had copies of all pages in my bank book, and departure card, she puts them all in order then stamps everyone over my signature. OK no, tells my wife to go to copy shop, get copy all, me told go get 90 day in room, im in room to the right as last,    redman  only two people waiting,  got the 90 day ,and was asked to go take a seat, my wife came back with all the photocopies,  was called up again and with all the paper checked, guess what, Under Consideration, i think we all know what will happen next. Visit in the next week or two.    bananadance 

Offline bonghead

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 06:11:47 PM »
Forgot to say finished at 11:45, the only people in the room to the right were 3 immigration officers watching tv, out in the foya were about 4 or 5 couples waiting to see the young lady at the desk.no breckfast at gotlost place yet.   wave1.

Offline buckwhelk

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 08:59:09 PM »
Well today was  90 day and retirement extension day,arrived at 10:30am entered the building and was going to turn right, but was called to a desk to the left by a young lady, was asked for my passport she look through it, and then gave my wife three forms for me to fill in,   wildman the first was some questions, of what was already on the TM 7, 2nd asking if i understood what would happen if i overstayed, 3rd again name, age,ext, ext, so with this done, gave her the papers back, now she wants the TM7 and all the photocopies i had already, i also had copies of all pages in my bank book, and departure card, she puts them all in order then stamps everyone over my signature. OK no, tells my wife to go to copy shop, get copy all, me told go get 90 day in room, im in room to the right as last,    redman  only two people waiting,  got the 90 day ,and was asked to go take a seat, my wife came back with all the photocopies,  was called up again and with all the paper checked, guess what, Under Consideration, i think we all know what will happen next. Visit in the next week or two.    bananadance 

So you needed 2 copies of all docs for an extension based on retirement???

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick