{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015  (Read 139832 times)

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:51:45 AM »
I’m starting a new topic as there are several changes to the extent a new thread is required. However, there is some good information on the previous thread:
http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,7614.0.html

I successfully obtained a new retirement extension from KCI on 11 Feb.  I put together a packet and it was complete as I could have made it. 
So if you are going for a retirement extension, have the following:
·         TM 7, printed on a single sheet front and back.
·         Color Photo 4 x 6 cm (I already had mine attached to the TM 7)
·         Passport
·         Copies of all used pages from your Passport.  Sign each page.
·         Copies of house book, sign each page.  I also had the house book but the agent did not check it.  (even if apartment house book)
·         Copy of House Book owner ID (front/back) signed by them.
·         Proof of income.  I have used a bank statement this time last year I used an US Embassy Statement. (note, money must be seasoned for at least 90 days (60 if 1st extension).
·         Thai income form
·         Stay Permit form. (updated version)
·         Penalty form.
·         1900 baht.
Now if you are not leaving Thailand, this is basically it.

I am including a copy of the KCI Retirement Instructions.  Forms Required (TM 7 can be filled in using word, the others require pen and ink):

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Retirement Extension for Dummies ver 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:53:09 AM »
If you plan to leave Thailand, you might want to get a re-entry permit when you get your new extension.  I get the multiple re-entry permit just for the convenience.   

You will need to have:

•   TM 8.
•   Color Photo 4 x 6 cm (I already had mine attached to the TM 8)
•   Passport
•   Copies of all used pages from your Passport.  Sign each page.  Note that KCI will require a copy of the extension you just received, KCI should make that copy for you.
•   1000 Baht for single re-entry, 3800 baht for a multiple re-entry. 

TM 8 attached, can be filled in using word.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »
And if you would like my assistance in putting together the package, PM me for an appointment.  I have all the equipment, forms, computers, scanner, printers, etc.  However, I am NOT a visa service, I just gathered the information. 

And secondly there will be a charge for printing and support, you show up with just a passport and house book and want a complete package (less income statement) it will not be more than 500 baht, you put together the package yourself and just need printing and copying, it will cost about 1 baht per page (just had an expat get charged 6 baht for his package). 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 12:11:48 PM »
I’m starting a new topic as there are several changes to the extent a new thread is required. However, there is some good information on the previous thread:
http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.php/topic,7614.0.html

I successfully obtained a new retirement extension from KCI on 11 Feb.  I put together a packet and it was complete as I could have made it. 
·         Passport
·         Copies of house book, sign each page.  I also had the house book but the agent did not check it.  (even if apartment house book)
·         Proof of income.  I have used a bank statement this time last year I used an US Embassy Statement. (note, money must be seasoned for at least 90 days (60 if 1st extension).
·         Penalty form.
·         1900 baht.
Now if you are not leaving Thailand, this is basically it.

I am including a copy of the KCI Retirement Instructions.  Forms Required (TM 7 can be filled in using word, the others require pen and ink):

Very useful, thanks Keith.

Just one question; you mention Proof of Income but then make reference to a bank statement and seasoning - presumably you evidenced money in the bank (with a bank letter?).

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 12:25:35 PM »

Very useful, thanks Keith.

Just one question; you mention Proof of Income but then make reference to a bank statement and seasoning - presumably you evidenced money in the bank (with a bank letter?).

I went to Bangkok Bang and got a "To Whom it May Concern" letter, took about 10 minutes and cost 100 baht.  I also provided copies of the bank book which I made sure I got lastest entry (10 Feb) day before I went to KCI. 

I read somewhere to get a bank letter, the agent checked the letter so I assume it is needed. 

And your welcome, glad to help. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 01:13:54 PM »
BTW, I should have added this link to the Thailand Immigration Forms in my 1st post:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
I am in the process of helping a guy and noticed that while I specify the "Thai Income Form" as required, I did not provide a single blank copy (it is included in the KCI instructions).   

So here it a PDF copy.

Offline Voodoo

• Contributor on the right way
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 09:03:46 AM »
Thanks for all the good info Keith.. Will be doing my extension around the end of June.. Will follow the instructions, carefully, and let you know how things go.. We'll also see what new wrinkles immigration throws into the system, if any.. You know the drill.. All depends upon the day and who's sitting behind the desk...

Offline iammike

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 09:58:05 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what is that Thai Income form for ? Is it for income you receive in Thailand or .... ?

Thx

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what is that Thai Income form for ? Is it for income you receive in Thailand or .... ?

Thx

It look to me like a rollup of your income and converts your counties currency in Baht.  So most of the form is completed by the agent. 

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »
Funny I was just looking at that, having the wife translate.  Looks like admin removed the original attachment, is that because the latest attachment is the latest edition of the form?

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »
I hadn't noticed that.  Might have been part of his trying to get space recently when the site was down.  However, thanks, I was wondering why it was not attached, I am usually very thorough.

But I used the same form provided by KCI instructions. 

Offline Tod Daniels

• Contributor with future
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 08:12:06 AM »
That form called in thai บันทึกคำให้การของคนต่างด้าวกรณีขออยู่ต่อเพื่อใช้ชีวิตบั้นปลาย or "record of foreigners in the instance of extending their stay for living out the end of their life" does show under section 2 that you can show funds either by pension or social security without going with banked money.

I just wonder if immigrations up in your neck of the woods accepts the 'notarized embassy letter' as a stand alone proof or if you must show additional paperwork like pension statements, deposits in your bank from your home country?

To be completely honest, there is NO requirement in the Police Order concerning extensions of stay that a foreigner has to transfer a single baht into this country IF they meet the financial requirements via the 'embassy letter' route.  However, some renegade offices like Nong Khai and the one in the new province Bueng Kan have signage stating you must show proof of transferring 65K into the country each month if you use the 'embassy letter'.. That's totally a made up rule and I've called the head of Division 4 in Bangkok about it. As yet it's unresolved.. 

In Bangkok we fill out the penalties of overstay form (BTW; it's totally b/s, because in order for the overstay penalties to change they have to be voted on by the parliament, immigrations doesn't have the power to change them) and we also fill out that "Acknowledgement of Terms & Conditions" form too.

The sad thing is because you can't download them it, slows the entire process down as people fill them out at the desk while they're getting their extension of stay. It really log jams Bangkok, dunno how it affects the offices up country..

Good info..

Strange that for an extension of stay based on being over 50 they require a house book. It's the thai who owns the place you live in who bears the responsibility of reporting they have a foreigner staying there NOT the foreigner living there. 

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 08:21:05 AM »
In Feb 2013 KCI accepted my Embassy stamped document as a standalone with no further income requirements.   However there were reports in the previous dummy thread that KCI wants to show money being moved into Thailand such as ATM receipts.  But I have not personally experienced that yet. 

However, when I look at what my embassy requires to get a marriage visa and what Thailand requires, Thailand is easy.  So I just try to make sure I have all the acceptable docs. 

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 10:30:33 PM »
I went to KCI today and following Keith's list I took the following:-

·         Passport
·         Penalty form.
-         Immigration income form
·         1900 baht.

It was useful being able to will the TM7 (and TM8) as a Word document.

I used the income method and presented an embassy letter date February. I was not asked for any supporting paperwork (I had loads available) nor was I asked to show money in and out (I had Kasikorn bank statements).

I also handed over a signed copy of the missus' tabien ban and ID card. I had other documents confirming address but they seem to take comfort from having something signed by your partner!

I didn't fill in the 'Thai income' form. I just Put my name on the top,  signed it and the IO completed the rest. When I got home I got my missus to translate it ready for next year and she said that it refers to government pension/social security?

I signed copies of ALL 'used' passport pages, although the guidelines say only those having visa/extension/last entry stamp on

I handed over 2,000 Baht and said 'mai ow' to the change. I received a wai for that. :)

I was aware from Got Lost that KCI no longer offered a copying service (that was hit and miss because in the best I have had to get copies from the shop over the road from KCI). I asked if it would be possible for the new extension etc to be photocopied. The reply was "I will help you..." He duly did.

For the re-entry permit:-

•   TM 8.
•   Color Photo 4 x 6 cm (I already had mine attached to the TM 8)
•   Passport
•   Copies of all used pages from your Passport.  Sign each page.  Note that KCI will require a copy of the extension you just received, KCI should make that copy for you.
•   1000 Baht for single re-entry, 3800 baht for a multiple re-entry.

I arrived at 10.58 and left at 11.57. Frankly, it could have been done in 40 mins if the IO did not divert himself by talking to colleagues, answering the phone and flicking endlessly through the application and passport. They were quiet, he was in no hurry.

I called in at Ban Kruat on the way home and was told (3rd hand) that someone with a Jomtien extension was refused 90 day reporting this week - even with having a yellow book.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:48:47 PM by CO-CO »

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM