{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: GF's brother arrested with Gun, looks like big problem?!  (Read 5084 times)

Offline rocco

GF's brother arrested with Gun, looks like big problem?!
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:40:11 AM »
This is my day for a wide range of questions.  Well, as the subject indicated, one of my GF's brothers got caught at a party with a gun, but wasn't loaded.  What do you think of this story? 

Apparantly, the brother was given the gun by a friend he was with during a party in the Buriram area, people saw the handoff, a security guard was told and he was arrested (dumb shit).  The security guard was an off duty Korat policeman.  The brother was taken to jail (monkeyhouse), teelak and the family handed over 80,000 baht to bail him out and the brother has a date with the Thai justice system in April to determine what is going to happen to him.  He was told he could get many years in the monkeyhouse for this. 

Teelak, along with the village head talked to a policeman, who said he could make it all go away for another 50,000 baht.  Supposedly, teelak will get back the 80,000 baht at some time, but she wants to pay the 50K.  That is the story as I understand it.  Teelak had to sell her gold and mortgage her motorbike, but that is all I was able to help with.  The brother is a decent guy (not a gun man), although very lazy.  What pissed me off was that he did not even mortgage his souped up motorbike, just had the rest of his family take care of things and he just sits around doing nothing.  The good thing is that Thai familes look after their own. 

Anyone heard stories like this and how it all works?  The 50K sounds high to me and I am really wondering if they will ever see the 80K.  Wouldn't a lawyer be advised?  Then again, TIT or Buriram!

If anyone has any stories or advice, would like to hear it, although teelak will probably want to do the deal with the policeman.   

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: GF's brother arrested with Gun, looks like big problem?!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:33:50 AM »
First check if the story is authentic.

If yes,let the thai system works, ie:your girlfriend's decision.

8)good luck .

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM