{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: bad experience with Kasikorn bank  (Read 16303 times)

Offline gaviolit

• Contributor on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
bad experience with Kasikorn bank
« on: August 02, 2013, 02:29:51 PM »
two months ago my wife take 1,000 Baht at Kasikorn atm. Comes home and alert sms say has taken 3,000 baht. Begins the ordeal between the branch and the "customer care" phone calls (pay call). After 2 months we were told that we wanted to steal the money. 2,000 baht??!! They are too poor !!! dried without closing the account. To everyone, be careful with this bank.

Offline ban1216

Re: bad experience with Kasikorn bank
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 06:11:54 PM »
Im sorry i dont quite understand what you mean ,i am interested as i have a kasikorn account and would like to know more about your problem here
Are you saying your wife withdrew 1000 bht at the Atm (obviously with a reciept) and that the bank are saying she took 3000 bht ???

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 06:44:57 PM »
What did the amount on the receipt say!!! The ATM.S are pretty foolproof............Who is pulling the cottonwool over ones eyes??

Offline Somnat

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »
amorenetcafe, can you view that account online?

And whose account is it?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:59:19 PM by Somnat »

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »
I don't keep receipts but I do check the screen to see that the correct amount is quoted. The alert sms arrives before you can get the ATM card back in your pocket.

Nothing is infallible but in 31 years in banking I never experienced an ATM giving out the wrong amount (there was one in Skegness in 1973 that starting coughing out the old £10 in a plastic clip (10 x crisp new One'ers).

Unless Mrs Amorenetcafe has a receipt for 1,000 Baht then the withdrawal was for 3,000 Baht.

Offline erik68

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 08:44:41 PM »
I heard of one guy that said someone had taking 20-30k a month out of his account every month for a few months and blamed a corrupt bank worker and wanted to close the account .Most knew who was taking the money  ::) ,sometimes love is blind or guys are just so stupid they can't see what's going on. whistle

I have to agree with Nookie  winkboy
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:37:31 PM by Admin »

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 07:44:07 AM »
How many people get a receipt everytime they use an ATM?
I for one don't but I do look at the balance.

Offline binnsy

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 08:16:20 AM »
If the account has a passbook why not update it and you might see one withdrawal for 1000 and another for the missing 2000 Then you will have the answer  moneysmile

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 08:35:01 AM »
If the account has a passbook why not update it and you might see one withdrawal for 1000 and another for the missing 2000 Then you will have the answer  moneysmile
I think we already know the answer..............Perhaps the OP would like to order some of the famous 'Grass Paint'.....Shade....Greener Than Grass

Offline gaviolit

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 04:59:01 PM »
we withdrew 1000 bht at the Atm, we don t take recipt but sms alert text 3.000 ! we check passbook and ... 3.000 Baht. But in our poket have 1.000 !!!
We contact branch (nang rong) and customare care many time, 2 times a week and after  2 months they say us machine don t have problem and they "suppose" we want steal money.
These is a kasikorn bank, so take care.

Offline gaviolit

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »
and,
 i m very afraid for poor farang people have a poor life in thailand that they can t belive in his wife. Everyone can think as they wish, but if I posted, it because I saw with my own eyes.
And those who think so, probably had this very sad experience and I'm really upset about it.
For those who read and understand what the post mean, I repeat, attention to Kasikorn Bank, not only because they STOLEN 2,000 baht, but for the poor, indeed offensive service received.

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »
Why should we not believe amorenetcafe's story ? He is obviously pretty upset about it ... enough to post his experience.

Banks are not infallible ... ATM's are just machines and not perfect.

I had a similiar experience in Australia 5 years ago. Withdrew $1000 at a shopping centre ATM. Got shortchanged $50

Fortunately a branch of my bank was across the street. I approached the Customer Service guy and explained the situation. I told him there was no way I could prove that I was shortchanged $50, but just thought the bank should be aware that one of their ATM's was perhaps faulty.

He took my receipt and my personal details and returned 5mins later with a $50 note and apologised for the error and explained that although ATM's have several internal security checks, and mistakes were very rare, they DO occasionally play up.

I was HUGELY impressed by this level of service. No fuss, no polygraph, no toothpicks under the fingernails.

Took 10mins. I walked away as a happy customer.

So ... yes ... apparently ATM's can, and do, make mistakes sometimes ... just like any other machine.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 11:43:43 PM »
Almost everything is a computer these days.  An ATM is just another computer. It has serveral 100,000's lines of code, there are errors in that code. It can be caused by programming and logic errors, updated hardware or firmware, or worse issues with base code. 

Base code in Binary, 0 and 1.  Then there is assmenbly language code to covert to binary.  And this assembly language code is used to make HOL (higher order languages).  So the computer (in this case an ATM), has its program code (probably C++), which is based on Assembly Language, and coverts to binary to run the logic gates on the firmware causing hardware actions. 

There are errors in this coding process.  Software Verification Validation is an art.  However, it is checked against a certain machine.  If the machine gets a new updated component, even though the manufacturer says it is exactly the same, it usually isn't.   I have some real horror stories on changing componenets.   

So just because the ATM works correctly, does not mean that it will work at midnight on 28 Feb during a leap year. 

People that do not swear do not work with computers. 

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 08:43:56 AM »
I STILL RECKON I HAVE A PRIME CANDIDATE FOR GRASS PAINT

Offline SWINDLED

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »
i punched in 10k peso in cebu & got it + kept the atm transaction record.

when i checked my balance, 30k peso had been deducted from my account.

i got reimbursed only because i kept the transaction record.

the philippines citibank teller told me, no transaction record = no refund. punk

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Dentist by Thai Bart
June 13, 2024, 11:34:50 AM

Re: House moving by Gerry
June 11, 2024, 03:39:27 PM

House moving by GEOFFREY
June 11, 2024, 01:51:03 AM

Re: Dentist by dundeemk6
June 09, 2024, 03:49:48 PM

Re: Dentist by Thai Bart