{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Drone strike.  (Read 3502 times)

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Drone strike.
« on: June 08, 2013, 07:39:45 AM »
After what has recently happened in the UK with the murder of a soldier on the streets of Woolwich,to which the whole nation was sickened by.
Can the U.S.A. really justify these drone strikes and the taking of innocent life in Pakistan.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-22820208

The missiles reportedly hit the remote village of Shokhel in the Shawal valley, some 100km (60 miles) southwest of Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan

"These drone strikes that rain in every day have to stop."

It is estimated that between 2004 and 2013, CIA drone attacks in Pakistan killed up to 3,460 people.

About 890 of them were civilians and the vast majority of strikes were carried out under the Obama's administration, the research by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism said.

In May, the US president said the drone strikes were part of a legitimate campaign against terrorists, describing the killings as "legal" and "just"

I do certainly believe this sort of action by America is one of the main reasons why the UK is in it's present day position.

Before anyone replies to this i would like to say my thoughts are with the dead soldiers family,may he R.I.P.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
Re: Drone strike.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:16:15 AM »
i agree this is not good, what is the Pakistani govt doing about this?
but Islam is not a religion of peace or tolerance, and to attack a fellow citizen and brutally murder/ butcher in broad daylight a young father and rant about how god is great and the west brings this upon itself is abhorring.
the west regrets all civilians killed,  or at least does not celebrate them. i don't think that pulling out of Iraq, Afghanistan etc would ever put to an end the relentless demands and horrors that Islamic extremists have in store for us. the goal is for world domination, sharia law to be implemented at all costs.

Offline Antonio

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 09:18:33 AM »
i agree this is not good, what is the Pakistani govt doing about this?
but Islam is not a religion of peace or tolerance, and to attack a fellow citizen and brutally murder/ butcher in broad daylight a young father and rant about how god is great and the west brings this upon itself is abhorring.
the west regrets all civilians killed,  or at least does not celebrate them. i don't think that pulling out of Iraq, Afghanistan etc would ever put to an end the relentless demands and horrors that Islamic extremists have in store for us. the goal is for world domination, sharia law to be implemented at all costs.
You have made a true and valid point Speros.
I was trying to make a point about senseless murder of the innocent,remember these people that died were innocent and i am sure you would agree that someone has to take the responsibility for this crime against humanity,just the same as the crime against the soldier in Woolwich.
I hope one day the world can be at peace.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 11:39:20 AM »
lets not talk about humanity..or political correctness....i work in a country that is by default a Muslim majority country, some of my staff are Chechen Muslims...they seem nice family guys...but without even digging deeper...it soon becomes apparent that they are willing to injure or kill anyone that insults their religion, that the world will never know peace while Christians and Jews are still on the earth, all non Muslims are second class, and to lie to a non Muslim is no sin. the world as you know has very different values as LOS has different from your home country...value of life, honor (face) etc.
political correctness and humanity has not furthered the cause of peace...and will not when there is a section of the world community that does not have any respect for peace or humanity.
i see your point, but i think the comparison is wrong, these criminals lived in a country that protected their rights...religion, speech, movement...i wont delve into the speculation that there were probably on welfare as well.
the West will always be in the wrong....if you intervene in another countries atrocities then you are an evil invader...if you dont then you are also responsible for another countries actions on their own people. The Bush Jnr govt has a lot to answer for, without his actions after 9/11 a lot of lives would not of been wasted (Iraq)...but the victims of 9/11 were innocent to......maybe all these civilians all over the world are collateral damage...like the victims of honor killings.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick