{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Member Intro  (Read 12109 times)

Offline Wayne from Aus

• Contributor with future
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Member Intro
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:48:38 AM »
Good Morning all
I’ve been a member for a couple of years now I guess, and log on often to check what is going on in my Buriram and also at least 2 times weekly to Hywel’s Buriram Property site. I am happy to watch the posts as many subjects are of personal interest. I’m from Sydney – yep another Aussie (55 yrs). I have been married 8 years to a lovely lady (50 yrs) from Buriram and I have been coming to Buriram mostly twice a year since being married. We always try to do a week of sightseeing around Thailand first then spend my last week at Buriram before a few days in BKK then the trip home. My wife had a coffee business in Buriram and her sisters own a very nice beef BBQ restaurant. We (the Mrs) have bought a block of land (300 Talan Wah) next door to the Army Golf Course – Sommet and we (Me) will pay for a house and I plan to lease the property from her for as long as possible. One can only hope that in the next 20 years Thailand’s laws for ownership may change. The plan is to retire here but I’ve still got a few things to do yet before I move here full time. But it will certainly serve as a nice holiday home, that’s for sure. I plan to raise the level of the land and put up a boundary fence and plant lots of various trees. Yes I know you can get a mango anywhere on a tree but I want my own mangos, bananas, limes etc . I’ll be looking for about 20 European chooks to keep for eggs and I intend to put in vege gardens and the Japanese grass lawn. So I hope that when the house is finished the trees will be well and truly established.  During my time in Buriram I have met many fine gentlemen. My Place of choice is Paddy’s (if the wife will give me a lift there) as I find the hospitality of Brian and Mem very accommodating and the beer just fine. I’ve met a heap of the Lads there and  I think its easy to have a good conversation over a few beers before the Mrs picks me up for dinner. Breakfast is usually at the Bamboo after I get pickup by the Som Lor. If I’m too early for breakfast at the Bamboo, I sneak around to the Book and Bed. I have a good handle on the favourite noodle joints, seafood and other Thai places to eat and drink in the area. The wife and her family have lived in Buriram all their life so I’ve found it easy to form friendships with the locals. I have been learning Thai for some time in Australia and still need a heap of practice and hope that this will make it much easier to talk with family and friends. And I think it will be well looked upon by the wife’s family. I follow the Burriam United team with interest and have recently attended a game and had a great time. The whole atmosphere came as a bit of a shock as I am not used to the type of noisy support that I’m sure you Poms are more experienced with from the UK football, but saying that, it was one of the most enjoyable nights I had in a long while (and its only 1 km from my home). I gotta say I am more comfortable watching a game of Rugby League, but that game wont be coming here for a long time yet I am sure so as they say ‘when in Rome’. My days are usually entertained walking and I swim usually about 15-20 laps everyday in the local pool or until the kids keep jumping in the lane which stops the swim - to practice their English with the ‘Falung ’. I’m hoping a Thai Boxing Gym may open as I’d love somewhere to train on the bag. I’ve done many years training kids at the local PCYC in Sydney and this might just suit me. Hope to hear from the Aussies and Kiwi’s in the area and catch up for a beer or two. Seems the numbers are growing. Well that’s me, and for those that are still awake, nice to meet you.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Member Intro
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »
Welcome Wayne,

Not trying to be critical, but paragraphs (separating thoughts to make reading easier) are our friends. 

Good luck on your ventures. 

Offline Bigbus

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »
Welcome aboard...

Offline JasonB

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:32:33 PM »
Happy to have another Aussie here Wayne,I'm from Sydney but moved to Queensland about 13 years ago,now been in Thailand about 3 years,PM me and we can catch up for a beer Mate,JasonB.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:54:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Wayne.

Offline Mod

• Global Moderator
  • Reliable reporter on the right way
    • http://www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum Wayne sawadi

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 09:07:52 PM »
Wayne unless you want a life of sweeping up leaves and being bitten by red ants i'd give the mango trees a miss!

Learnt the hard way after years of experience!

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline JasonB

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 09:31:41 PM »
Good point TBWG.....them little ninga fu$fers can cause some pain thumbup

Offline Wayne from Aus

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 06:13:21 AM »
Thanks TBWG for the local knowledge - line drawn through Mangos. And thanks Jason, will PM you when next I'm in town

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 06:55:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum Wayne,,,,,,,,,,getting a few too many Aussies around here of late.
I have heard the Thai's are starting to give Aussies & Yanks IQ tests before issuing visa's as this will certainly cull the current numbers

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 08:14:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum Wayne,,,,,,,,,,getting a few too many Aussies around here of late.
I have heard the Thai's are starting to give Aussies & Yanks IQ tests before issuing visa's as this will certainly cull the current numbers
We can only hope  thumbup

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 09:21:48 AM »
We can only hope  thumbup
Simon,I had to turn 3 beauties away last night as you took the tent away on Sunday!

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 09:55:16 AM »
Going to have to invest in an Aussi - English dictionary....I don't follow you half the time...LOL party15

Offline BillH52

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »
Don't think he does Aussie, either.  And the Brit-English Dictionary was written by a Brit!!  So  . . . . we are screwed or soon will be!

Never the less, welcome to the forum, Wayne. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:05:09 AM by BillH52 »

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 06:20:44 AM »
Don't think he does Aussie, either.  And the Brit-English Dictionary was written by a Brit!!  So  . . . . we are screwed or soon will be!

Never the less, welcome to the forum, Wayne. 
Hi Bill,when are you back in town?

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM