{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Why choose IOSH Training?  (Read 4780 times)

Offline kering

• http://buriramexpats.com/
Why choose IOSH Training?
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
An effective workplace health and safety training is important for eliciting quality work from employees. A well-structured safety-training program will be a combination of both theory and practical sessions. Training sessions make employees grasp the health and safety concepts much faster and equip them with necessary skills for maintaining workplace safety.
IOSH stands for Institution of Occupational Safety and Health. iosh make recommendations to governments and International Organizations like the UN for enacting new health and safety laws. IOSH is one of the top health and safety course providers. Their courses can be taken by anyone who finds trouble with common workplace health and safety hazards. IOSH is the world’s biggest health and safety organization with over 40,000 members working in different quarters of the world. Their mission is to wipe out health and safety issues from workplaces across the globe. There are many accredited training institutions providing IOSH courses across different parts of the world.
Managers, staffs, and health and safety advisers often take up IOSH training programs. It is the responsibility of the employer to provide health and safety training for employees. This is his legal obligation and in case the employer fails to offer training and safety facilities to the employees, he/she is liable to be prosecuted under the charge of violation of health and safety norms.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
Re: Why choose IOSH Training?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 08:13:53 AM »
Jamaw returns??

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:22:44 AM »
Most boring piece. of spam in ages.

Mods sleeping in?

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:00:30 AM »
Good luck trying to introduce OH & S to Thailand.

Might be ok for the big global companies here, but from what I've seen in Buriram, there's Buckleys chance that any Thai will change the way they have always successfully done things.

Had 5 guys turn up in the back of a ute this morning to fix 2 hinges on my big carport gate. Guy who welded the gate did so wearing only sunglasses !!!!!!

So yes ... there probably is a case to educate workers on the simple basics of OH & S, but keep it really simple.

OH & S has become so complicated and unwieldly in Oz, that you now almost need certification to allow your staff to do farts in the workplace.

It's an absolute compliance nightmare for small business to contend with. I wouldn't wish it on the Thai's for all the tea in China.

Offline Speros

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:27:28 AM »
Agreed, OHS in the west is out of control, what was meant to help industries become safer, but now it is an industry to itself with safety officers and consultants making rules on industries that they are not from and don't understand. ... I'm from the Drilling industry and agree that some safety is very necessary I've used a modicum of common sense and it has served me well.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:35:31 PM »
The USA has OSHA (occupational Safety and Health Administration).  I firmly believe OSHA has caused billions in additional costs to Americans. 

When you start letting the GVT define safety standard, prices will go up, as the GVT is all about money and elections, not safety. 

Offline Alan

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:45:01 PM »
Ffs guys, come on! loco

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM