{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: INFLATION ISSAN  (Read 7416 times)

Offline pbee

• Contributor with future
  • COOL HAND LUKE ?
INFLATION ISSAN
« on: March 25, 2008, 05:14:53 AM »
I have only been away 10weeks,but things are happening. I would appreciate some information from people on the ground.
I.E. Has the rise in gasoline caused any problems.
      Food prices have risen sharply.
      The price of gold.
      Increase of rice prices.
      The low rate of exchange sterling/baht.
Back in June,Happy days???

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
Re: INFLATION ISSAN
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:51:16 PM »
Life in Isaan and generally in Thailand is not cheap as it used to be.
prices going up every day,gasolin prices go up all over the world and lets not forget the dollar that loose value everyday more and more.
All these things makes life in Thailand less attractive than before as it used to be.

Anyway , overall I think Thailand still remain a cheap place to live and especially Isaan.

Chok dii . :o
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 01:58:11 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 10:55:32 AM »
so,do you think isaan getting more and more expensive?  jumping6

Offline Yellow Tree

• Personal Message for Skype
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »
My Mother-in-law was just talking about how prices in Buriram have jumped in the last six months. The price of barbwire had doubling from 120 to 240 THB in the last eight months is the number that stuck in my mind.
 My in-laws grow all of their food (livestock included): As long as the food price is going up equal to everything else they should do OK (they will eat for free while others in the cities pay more). I talked with my Father-in-law about what we should think about in an economic downturn. We decided to sock away a little cash for "opportunities" (i.e. "nearly-new" farm equipment being sold cheap).

The problem most people are having here in America is Liquidity; they do not have any available cash. I am under the impression (and would love some input from other members) this same problem is hampering many in Buriram. Living too close to the edge is a bad place to be when even a small problem happens.

In the end our family has taken the opinion of being smart and pushing to do everything just a little better/smarter than "the other guy". The same economic pressure will be effecting everybody the same: it is how we deal with it and grow through it that will determine our success on the other side.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 10:03:53 PM »
My Mother-in-law was just talking about how prices in Buriram have jumped in the last six months. The price of barbwire had doubling from 120 to 240 THB in the last eight months is the number that stuck in my mind.
 My in-laws grow all of their food (livestock included): As long as the food price is going up equal to everything else they should do OK (they will eat for free while others in the cities pay more). I talked with my Father-in-law about what we should think about in an economic downturn. We decided to sock away a little cash for "opportunities" (i.e. "nearly-new" farm equipment being sold cheap).

The problem most people are having here in America is Liquidity; they do not have any available cash. I am under the impression (and would love some input from other members) this same problem is hampering many in Buriram. Living too close to the edge is a bad place to be when even a small problem happens.

In the end our family has taken the opinion of being smart and pushing to do everything just a little better/smarter than "the other guy". The same economic pressure will be effecting everybody the same: it is how we deal with it and grow through it that will determine our success on the other side.

Hi

I dare say a lot of people in Isaan are feeling the pinch, but don't be fooled not all the obvious poor looking people are poor. When I feel sorry for some local individuals the Boss Lady says Oh, she/he owns 4 condos in bangkok or something similar, whilst conspicuous shows of wealth are the norm in Bangkok it has not spread as far as Buriram ..well not yet!

TBWG sawadi
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 10:32:59 AM by ADMIN »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Gifte​d Poster
  • Admin
    • www.buriramexpats.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 10:42:45 AM »
but sure you can see more people with money here in the last few years,. maybe families of local buriramians came back home opened businesses here in their home town now that the city is "booming" as said and have a better potential to make profit together with businesses that few years back in time I wouldn't even think will be fully crowded and with these range of prices.. confused2 (compared to Isaan of course)..
Just have a look at "speed" entertainment complex there who sit there..they are all locals and prices are'nt cheap there either..  party12

something happaning to buriram thats for sure !! party9

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM