{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: THAILAND - EVIL AND CORRUPT  (Read 32709 times)

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
THAILAND - EVIL AND CORRUPT
« on: March 06, 2013, 09:11:55 AM »
Thailand is becoming more evil and corrupt as each day passes

Only this morning on the Thai news we see video of a teacher viciously beating a schoolboy, and subsequently hearing that no action is to be taken!  Monks asking for money for their own purposes! And every day we see pictures of young thugs having murdered someone kneeling and wai-ing the victims parents asking for forgiveness and offering flowers.......Off with their heads!!!

Thailand needs a firm rule of law. All these wishy washy fines iof 100/200bt are senseless.  Life imprisonment should mean just that! Where is the death sentence for murder?

Monks, the Police, Politicians teachers -all people that we are taught to respect let their calling and the country down badly.. Who can the people trust these days?

Mind you the UK is not much better!

Offline DeputyDavid

• Reliable reporter on the right way
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: THAILAND - EVIL AND CORRUPT
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »
I read the BKK post every day.  I am really shocked to see how much drugs the police do catch.  Which of course means 10 times that amount gets through.  But they are making HUGE busts with multi million baht hauls.  And I read about schools shooting at eachother??  WTF.  Kill another student, here is a few baht for mom, "sorry", and no charges pressed?  Since when is it up to the family?  I do seem to tink that things are getting worse.  According to the paper it seems Chun Buri is a real armpit, lots of crime there.  Police need decent salary, firm rules to enforce, and backing from the administration.  I hope Thailand can take a turn for the better and clean things up.  I love Thailand, the rich culture, and the good people, but when retired I need some place safer than what I am reading in the post.

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 10:10:21 AM »

Only this morning on the Thai news we see video of a teacher viciously beating a schoolboy, and subsequently hearing that no action is to be taken!  Monks asking for money for their own purposes! And every day we see pictures of young thugs having murdered someone kneeling and wai-ing the victims parents asking for forgiveness and offering flowers.......Off with their heads!!!

Thailand needs a firm rule of law. All these wishy washy fines of 100/200bt are senseless.  Life imprisonment should mean just that! Where is the death sentence for murder?
[/color]

I've highlighted the real problem in Thailand.

Rules and laws are for other people – do what you want; there will be little or no consequence.

To quote the Bangkok Post 5th March “The teacher when questioned by the school director Prateep Sriraksa said she had to punish some of her students because they refused to do their homework, even though she had warned them and deducted points time and again.”

I respectfully suggest that this teacher was attempting instil discipline in her students and that particular student and his classmates will do as they are told in future.

Unless of course the hand wringing liberals win again, and the teacher is forced to apologise.

In that case, the class and the public in general, will have further confirmation that Rules and laws are for other people – do what you want; there will be little or no consequence.

You can't have it both ways Nick....

I APOLOGISE TO ALBERT FOR SUBMITTING MY OPINION BEFORE GETTING HIS APPROVAL

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 10:14:57 AM »
Punish school gangs harshly
Published: 6 Mar 2013 at 00.00Newspaper section: News 
The senseless and destructive gang battles of Bangkok have been one of the city's worst afflictions for many decades. Feuds and rivalries among vocational schools have resulted in many pointless deaths, and needlessly ruined thousands of lives of violent young men, their rivals and families. Far too often, the violence involves innocent bystanders. Far too often, authorities have promised tough action against violent youths, only to back away at the last moment.

As with most crimes, showing compassion to criminals and ignoring the root causes of the student violence have made matters worse. While the government must be pushed to deliver long-term solutions by improving the quality of vocational education and providing the students with job security, the student gangsters also must be punished for their crimes.

Last week, a student gang once again attacked a young man. Once again, the attackers were doubly wrong, assaulting a youth who had no connection to the gangs or the schools involved.

The barbaric violation of the 16-year-old victim was unprecedented in its savagery. The gang members were not content with beating up someone they wrongly thought was a student from a rival vocational college. The 12 young thugs of the Bangkok Institute of Technology (BIT) mutilated the boy, harming him physically and mentally for life.

Citizens deserve to know what they did to the teenager in the name of "school rivalry". They attacked him with knives and cutters _ not to kill but to wound, harm and inflict pain and torture. The knives slashed the victim's body and cut the tendons deep within his left shoulder, disabling that arm. Then they held down his hands and cut off six fingers.

Police arrested three of the assailants shortly after the attack. Detectives said there were attempts to shield or perhaps abet the escape of the nine other suspects. The savagery of this attack seems to illustrate that three severe, immediate changes should come immediately.

First, the full weight of the law must be applied. Where possible, prosecutors should try the suspects under adult laws, and the legal case should receive maximum attention from police and the courts. A successful prosecution, resulting in heavy sentences, can send a message to other schools and gangs that there will be no more leniency. The same treatment must apply to school officials and any parents found to be helping the fugitive suspects.

This recent attack on an innocent victim was just the latest in a long series of senseless attacks committed by student gangsters at this vocational school. Its administrators have apparently failed their duties. If ever a case cried out for a school to be shut permanently, this is it.

However, no court or punishment can bring actual justice to this tragedy _ particularly to this young victim. Surgeons have tried to re-attach four of his six severed fingers.

At the very best, the teenager will undergo many painful operations to regain partial use of a body that just a week ago was perfectly healthy.

Late last week, the Rights and Liberties Protection Department awarded 103,000 baht to the disabled teenager under its victims compensation programme.

The life expectancy for a Thai male is 71 years. That makes his payoff a pathetic 1,873 baht a year for the rest of his life. Real justice would require the gang members to work to make up for the lost opportunities of their victim.

COPY AND PASTE BANGKOK POST  runningdog

Offline Albert

• Contributor with future
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 10:22:13 AM »

Apologies excepted.
I actually agree with you nothing wrong with a good canning,worked wonders for me when i was at school,received the cane most days,never done me no harm. buttslap
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:26:21 AM by Albert »

Offline tonypace01

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
Sounds like my Catholic school education in New Jersey. Three years before and three years after my graduation, my high school graduated the highest percentage of students in the Delaware Valley accepted to major universities on the east cost, including 3 Ivy League Universities and  Notre Dame (I know, it's Indiana.). Our teachers attended seminars on education every Saturday at U. Penn, Temple, Princeton, Villanova, and La Salle (Philadelphia).  They worked us hard but they demanded no more of us than they did of themselves. If I were not a born-again Atheist, I would probably be thanking god for them and their not so gentile reminders that my dog did not have a taste for my Latin II homework.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »

Apologies excepted.
I actually agree with you nothing wrong with a good canning,worked wonders for me when i was at school,received the cane most days,never done me no harm. buttslap

Probably debatable  smilenod ........................... but I agree with the principle.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 01:12:07 PM »

Thailand needs a firm rule of law. All these wishy washy fines of 100/200bt are senseless.  Life imprisonment should mean just that! Where is the death sentence for murder?
[/color]

Rules and laws are for other people – do what you want; there will be little or no consequence.

To quote the Bangkok Post 5th March “The teacher when questioned by the school director Prateep Sriraksa said she had to punish some of her students because they refused to do their homework, even though she had warned them and deducted points time and again.”

I respectfully suggest that this teacher was attempting instil discipline in her students and that particular student and his classmates will do as they are told in future.

Unless of course the hand wringing liberals win again, and the teacher is forced to apologise.

In that case, the class and the public in general, will have further confirmation that Rules and laws are for other people – do what you want; there will be little or no consequence.

I agree with Dimple Joe (subject to Albert's approval). The sad thing was that the teacher was also quoted as saying she wouldn't apply that sort of punishment again.

There has to be an element of fear about rules - whether that fear be financial or physical. As a boy I recall fearing a clip round the ear from a school teacher, my dad, a local shopkeeper or the beat bobby. On the (few) occasions I received such a clip it was invariably justified. The same justification applies to EVERY time I have paid over 200 Baht to the BiB.

Use of the cane should be part of a set of disciplinary rules, as should a scale of appropriate fines for, say, motoring offences.

Offline Albert

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 01:44:01 PM »

[/color]

I agree with Dimple Joe (subject to Albert's approval). The sad thing was that the teacher was also quoted as saying she wouldn't apply that sort of punishment again.

There has to be an element of fear about rules - whether that fear be financial or physical. As a boy I recall fearing a clip round the ear from a school teacher, my dad, a local shopkeeper or the beat bobby. On the (few) occasions I received such a clip it was invariably justified. The same justification applies to EVERY time I have paid over 200 Baht to the BiB.

Use of the cane should be part of a set of disciplinary rules, as should a scale of appropriate fines for, say, motoring offences.
Approval granted proceed.

QUOTE=As a boy I recall fearing a clip round the ear from a school teacher, my dad, a local shopkeeper or the beat bobby.

You feared your school teacher why ?

I remember watching my headmaster scream at me after canning me,and i just laughed in his face,i think he feared me more than i feared him. thumbup

As for the bobby coppers it will always be them and us.

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 07:15:46 PM »
Use of the cane may well be acceptable, but this evil teachers vicious use was totally unacceptable.

Why didn't the other students assist and drag the b...h off. It would be nice to think that if she continues teaching, every time she enters a class all the kids depart! But that won't happen in Thailand. Everyone is too soft, too weak Greng Jai etc etc

If caning at schools is to continue in Thailand, it should be administered by an independent 3rd party, and be based on a report of the offence by the teacher, with the child able to provide his defence.

Offline dimple joe

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 09:09:36 PM »
Nick, to coin a phrase “You're doing an Albert”.

You seem to be the one lone voice complaining about the Teacher's action.

Not only that; but after initially advocating a “firm rule of law” and “Off with their heads” etc., you now suggest that the class should have physically attacked their teacher.

I am truly amazed and wonder what you are on – must be pretty strong stuff.

I refer you to reply #3 above - You can't have it both ways.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:16:24 PM by dimple joe »

Offline Albert

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:16 PM »

Not only that; but after initially advocating a “firm rule of law” and “Off with their heads” etc., you now suggest that the class should have physically attacked their teacher.

To coin a phrase“You're doing an Albert".
Lunch

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 04:11:39 AM »

One lone voice is better than none DJ. Perhaps I am the only one with a vested interest (Kids at school). There are enough bad people around everywhere. They are not needed when they have the responsibility of caring for children!

Anyway -you are misquoting me. I did not advocate the class physically attack the teacher. I asked why the other kids did not come to the boys rescue, when it was clear the teacher was going over the top. "Why didn't the other students assist and drag the b...h off"  No suggestion of physical assault! They could have surrounded her, removed the cane and sought assistance form other teachers and the headmaster.

And lets not forget that by her own admission she caned 6 children that day! That the children needed punishing is very likely, but over exuberance with a cane was probably the wrong punishment.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 06:51:33 AM »
I think D J was highlighting your hardline  approach to motoring offenders and other offences versus an apparent opposition to corporal punishment.

I actually believe you were against the actions of this specific teacher.

Clearly, not doing homework is not as punishable as riding a motorcy. on the pavement!

I would fine students for not doing homework then parents may take more responsibility for ensuring the work is completed.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick