{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Poll

WHAT IS YOUR PREDICTION ON BURIRAM UNITED DOING THE TREBLE.

The treble.
5 (33.3%)
The double
5 (33.3%)
Only one title
0 (0%)
No titles.
5 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 09:04:37 AM

Author Topic: BURIRAM UNITED.  (Read 204251 times)

Offline candy

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Re: BURIRAM UNITED.
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2013, 07:53:23 AM »
 thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup thumbup

Scott Cooper’s First Interview Since Leaving Buriram United

We were delighted to conduct the first interview with Englishman Scott Cooper since his shock departure from Buriram United over the weekend.

Scott: many of us were surprised and even shocked by the events over the weekend. Can you talk us through the process and how it unfolded?
 I think it’s fair to say that we came to an agreement that, at the end of the day, I would leave the club by mutual consent. The owner and the General Manager understood my position and reasons for wanting to leave then. That was all in place and,over the last few days, that process got sped up. I guess from both sides. For personal reasons, it became clear that it was not tenable for me anymore and so we came to a mutual understanding that we should leave the football club straight way. It is a difficult one because I am quite sad with it all. I’d fully expected to complete this season but it’s not only the club’s doing for my sudden departure. I played an active role in the process. So, although it is a split with mutual consent, it was my decision to reach this conclusion for personal reasons.

You mentioned that this was a process that sped up in the last few days. Were there any times before then that you were aware of a process starting?
 To be fair to the football club, I don’t think there was any process going on to speed that up. From their perspective we were happy to conclude the season and win the three trophies I expect them to win. I think part of the last few days was instigated by myself for personal reasons and maybe the club didn’t feel they had an option in their mind other than to part company now.

At the Osotspa Buriram game last night, I half expected to see you come out to the bench. How did you cope with that first game not being a Head Coach.
 Terrible badly. I had been out of football for one day yesterday and I already felt like I didn’t know what to do with myself. I didn’t know whether to watch the Buriram game, watch another game or just gather my thoughts. I ended up doing a little bit of everything and pacing around the house. Obviously I still wanted the team to win. Seeing the players, fans and staff that I am really close to gave me mixed emotions. The players in the team you are close to, seeing them playing without me made it extremely difficult. The best way to describe it was that I felt very sad.IMG_1999

Looking back on your record, with only one defeat in the first game of the current two legged Champions League quarter final, what are you most proud of about the results and performances.
 When I first took over we put in a new formation and structure to the team that players took time to get to know, but once they did they understood it well. I’m proud of the relationship I built up with the players and I think that was built out of respect for what I was trying to do with them individually and as a group. That was demonstrated on the field. The performances against Bunyodkor where we won at home, and getting through when nobody expected us to progress. I was also proud of the unbeaten season so far and the fact that, even though we should have turned some of the draws into wins, only in one game did we concede two goals. So I look back on my record with a great deal of pride. Even the game we lost at Esteghall, not only ourselves and other Thai clubs, but even the international media were surprised with the way we controlled that game.

I will be disappointed if they do not progress as we had set it up nicely to beat them at home. We dominated them in their stadium, which was a very intimidating place so they now have every chance to progress.

So the club now have chance to capture four major titles and trophies. Do you think this is a realistic target ?

It probably wasn’t when I first took over, but we quickly established ourselves. Confidence grew and, in my mind, my target was to win the three domestic trophies and, as long as not too many things are changed, I fully expect that. It’s set up nicely and I am 100% confident in that outcome.

For the Champions League, for the games after Buyodkor, the plan was to put in performances but, with the performance in Esteghall, a semi final place in my mind is not a realistic goal but an expectation.

You’ve just left the highest profile provincial club. Previously Thai football was dominated by Bangkok teams. Are there any other provincial clubs that have impressed you?
 Without a shadow of a doubt it’s Suphanburi. We played them there and won 2:1 but, from the moment we arrived at the club and saw the support, which was incredible. It is clear that is a club with a long future at the top, if they go about it the right way. Clearly there is some development to do, but I hear within the game that the Chairman is highly regarded. That club with that support, the owner and location, has a very bright future.

I know that the chairman, Khun Top is very keen on academy development. At the start of your career you worked with the Leicester City Academy. What are the foundations needed to develop youth football?
 Getting the structure right at the beginning is vital, otherwise you will only be buying Thai players from other clubs. If you want to prepare for the future, which I believe that club want to, they should be constructing a production line of young players so they have three types of players:
 Thai players they bring in from other clubs
 They produce their own Thai players
 Foreign players that compliment what they already have.

On a wider issue, what do you feel are the strengths and weaknesses of Thai football in 2013?
 When I first took over at Buriram we had two or three players in the national team and that is still the case. Yet they travelled to Uzbekistan against a team with seventy percent of the Uzbek national team fifty or sixty places above Thailand in FIFA rankings. The same could be said about Iran. The development of Thai players is  based on the structure of clubs. A Thai club has the chance to go from strength to strength. It becomes a question of how the club in general wants to develop the club throughout Asia and be a real regional powerhouses.

You sound very positive about Thai football. With your success in the Champions League you must have a high profile in Asia. Is working in larger leagues like the K and J leagues an option moving forward?
 I have received some complimentary remarks from those countries. I have already received interest from Korea but, for me, people have sat up and taken notice of what we have done in Asia, but I have the advantage of knowing the Thai league, the players and the clubs and what can be achieved. However, I would be equally confident in Korea, Japan or China. My family are based  in Bangkok and they are very happy here so a top club in the Bangkok area is also something I will be considering in the near future.

How has this whole experience as the Head Coach of a major Thai football club developed you personally and professionally?
 I have taken a lot from Buriram. It is very important to conclude this interview by thanking them. They gave me an opportunity and a forum for me to show what I can do as a coach. The fans and owners also supported me and gave me the chance to develop myself in a new culture. In the long term there are many things I will take from Buriram United and I will always look back on my time with fond memories and wish them nothing but success.

bravo1

Offline toffo

« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »
Why didn't they ask him what's it's like to be a lapdog being told what to do by a dictator that doesn't let anybody take charge of anything at the club.. It's a joke of a club and cooper wasn't the coach.. He didn't pick the team or make the decision on anything that happened on the field..stop being a pussy cooper and just tell everyone that newin is a tosser..

Charlie

« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2013, 10:18:29 AM »
Why didn't they ask him what's it's like to be a lapdog being told what to do by a dictator that doesn't let anybody take charge of anything at the club.. It's a joke of a club and cooper wasn't the coach.. He didn't pick the team or make the decision on anything that happened on the field..stop being a pussy cooper and just tell everyone that newin is a tosser..

I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but it does seem that the owner is getting through a lot of staff. I hope not, but it is inevitable that eventually people will start turning his employment offers down. That would be very sad and detrimental to the club.

Offline candy

« Reply #363 on: September 03, 2013, 11:16:32 AM »

He, Koon Newin, is at the stadium regularly and is very easy to approach and talk to. As you feel so strongly about it.

Maybe you should tell him.  whistle

Offline candy

« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »

I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but it does seem that the owner is getting through a lot of staff. I hope not, but it is inevitable that eventually people will start turning his employment offers down. That would be very sad and detrimental to the club.

Just take a look at the e.p.l. and other leagues. I don't think it's that unusual.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #365 on: September 03, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »

I don't think anyone (except toffo) would turn down the King's Shilling and the opportunity to work for the top club in the country.

THAT, is not exclusive to Thailand.

Offline candy

« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2013, 12:06:38 PM »
Buriram and Newin Chidchob

Honours

Domestic competitions
Thai Premier League Winners (2) : 2008, 2011
Runners-up (2) : 2004-05, 2010

Thai FA Cup Winners (2) : 2011, 2012

Toyota League Cup Winners (2) : 2011, 2012
Runners-up (1) : 2010

Kor Royal Cup Winners (1) : 2013
Runners-up (2) : 2009, 2012

International competitions
AFC Champions League 3 appearances 2009: Qualifying East – semi-final Round
2012: Group stage
2013:

AFC Cup 1 appearances 2009: Group stage

Double
Double Thai FA Cup and Toyota League Cup (1) : 2012

Treble
Treble Thai Premier League, Thai FA Cup and Toyota League Cup (1) : 2011

yeahme yeahme yeahme yeahme yeahme yeahme        congrats          bravo1            buriram_united

whistle

Charlie

« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2013, 12:23:42 PM »

Just take a look at the e.p.l. and other leagues. I don't think it's that unusual.

When was the last time the Glaziers over ruled Fergie about the ManU team? When was the last time any chairperson over ruled the Coach?

The last one that tried it was Abramovich. Look what has happened there. A complete turnaround.

It is all well and good listing achievements, but at the end of the day you must look at what else could be achieved. I was hoping that the amount of funding in the Thai premier league would increase the standard of Thai football. Sadly not.

There is now a boring "scottish" or "spanish" scenario where only two teams can ever win. The only difference is that Spanish football is good to watch. For that matter so is Scottish football when you compare to Thai.

Offline candy

« Reply #368 on: September 03, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »

When was the last time the Glaziers over ruled Fergie about the ManU team? When was the last time any chairperson over ruled the Coach?

The last one that tried it was Abramovich. Look what has happened there. A complete turnaround.

It is all well and good listing achievements, but at the end of the day you must look at what else could be achieved. I was hoping that the amount of funding in the Thai premier league would increase the standard of Thai football. Sadly not.

There is now a boring "scottish" or "spanish" scenario where only two teams can ever win. The only difference is that Spanish football is good to watch. For that matter so is Scottish football when you compare to Thai.

party6 party6 party6 party6 party6

Why did David Bak ham leave Man U?   Fergie?

Thai Premier League was introduced in 1996, ( previously Kor Royal Cup ) by the Football Association of Thailand (FAT).
I think a little more time will tell.  The history of a professional football league in the u.k. had a slight head start. ( founded 1888)

When people talk about football they inevitably mention achievments. ( At the end of the day that's the whole point. Winning.)

How many times have Scottish and Thai football teams played together? I don't know. Bad comparison.Maybe Thai teams are better.

But as sure as  ไข่ 's      is      ไข่ 's   ,    I'd rather watch Thai football , either live at the stadium or on T.V.

buriram_united
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:09:11 PM by candy »

Charlie

« Reply #369 on: September 03, 2013, 02:56:03 PM »

party6 party6 party6 party6 party6

Why did David Bak ham leave Man U?   Fergie?

Thai Premier League was introduced in 1996, ( previously Kor Royal Cup ) by the Football Association of Thailand (FAT).
I think a little more time will tell.  The history of a professional football league in the u.k. had a slight head start. ( founded 1888)

When people talk about football they inevitably mention achievments. ( At the end of the day that's the whole point. Winning.)

How many times have Scottish and Thai football teams played together? I don't know. Bad comparison.Maybe Thai teams are better.

But as sure as  ไข่ 's      is      ไข่ 's   ,    I'd rather watch Thai football , either live at the stadium or on T.V.

buriram_united

Indeed Beckham did leave Man U because of Fergie. Fergie was the coach. COACHES should decide the team, not owners.

My comparison between Scotland and Thailand was that only 2 teams can ever win. Result...boring. But seeing as you said it "Thai teams better than Scottish" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I did say that "i hoped" it would get better. I can see that one must be critical of Thai football if it is to get better. If more people could see that then maybe it might.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:01:01 PM by Itsme »

Offline Alan

• Active member on the right way
« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2013, 03:15:49 PM »

He, Koon Newin, is at the stadium regularly and is very easy to approach and talk to. As you feel so strongly about it.

Maybe you should tell him.  whistle

I think some people must be blinded by love cheergirl

Offline Starman

• Gifte​d Poster
    • burirampieman.com
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »
I would say only one club can win the SPL this year.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2013, 04:14:59 PM »
My sentiments 100%

Offline candy

« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »
My sentiments 100%

Why don't you and toffo  go and tell him together then?   newargue

thumbup

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2013, 09:15:21 AM »
To be honest I couldn't give a flying fcuk as to what happens at Buriram United,as it will always be 1 man calling all the shots!

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick