{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Nakhon Chai Air NCA bus  (Read 17571 times)

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
Nakhon Chai Air NCA bus
« on: December 21, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »
Whilst I acknowledge I'm still a "newbie" in LOS, I've been here long enough to offer the following useful advice to anyone researching the best way to get from BKK to Buriram City (or vice versa). I know there are Guests out there in far off lands reading these blogs, so hopefully this will help you get to Buriram.

I found it very confusing and frustrating a long time ago trying to get this same info when I first contemplated coming to Buriram. I read many forums and blogs, and everyone seemed to agree NCA (Nakhon Chai Air bus) was the way to go.

It is incredibly daunting to have to find your way 400km in a strange land, where you can't speak the lingo, or read the language. I was very fortunate. My TGF managed to get 2 days off from work in Buriram at the last minute, and made the big trip to BKK to meet me. Certainly made me a LOT happier !!

www.nca.co.th website was helpful to a point, but whoever ok'd the English version, needs their arse kicked. Useless. I've done the return bus trip 6-7 times now, often by myself, and for me, it's the only way to go.

Lets assume you are coming from BKK to Buriram. First thing is to find the NCA bus terminal. They have their own dedicated Company terminal. In the Search box on Google Map (satellite), type in the following, then hit Search

13.828083, 100.552167     (Do it EXACTLY the way I've typed. Leave 1 space between the 2 sets of co-ordinates)

A big green arrow will highlight the Terminal. Big silver roof. Keep zooming in and you can see the coaches parked at the terminal and manoeuvering around the yard. Terrific terminal. Has all the facilities of any modern bus terminal.

The terminal is 60 baht taxi ride (5-10mins) from Mo Chit BTS Skytrain station.

Print the Google satellite image, and show the taxi guy at Mo Chit Station. You will need to walk over the road to catch the taxi, as the taxi needs to go the same direction as the train was going - North. Your printed satellite image has the street names in English & Thai, so the taxi guy should have no problem.

I find it very useful to have a photo of an NCA bus from their website, to show taxi guy. Big smiles as he suddenly understands where you wish to go.

372 baht from BKK to Buriram. Gold Class is the only option. Non stop trip. 5-6hrs (depending on time of day)
Dep 8.30am  9.40am  11.10am  5.10pm  8.10pm  9.10pm  10.10pm  11.10pm  Midnight+10mins

NCA terminal is NOT the main Chatuchak Bangkok Bus Terminal (Mo Chit2). NCA Terminal is 1.5km NNE of Chatuchak
(I read one forum where they described the 2 bus stations as being opposite each other !! Definately NOT)

However, after departing their own Terminal, the NCA bus then goes to Chatuchak for a 2nd pickup, then it's non stop to Buriram. Hostess on board hands out free snack pack, bottle of water, bag of chippy things. My lifelong career back in Oz was in the coach industry, so trust me on this one, NCA is a superb outfit in every respect.

Buriram Bus Station is located in the Centre of town, and hopefully a warm body and a friendly smile waits you. If she hasn't already been cuddled up to you for 6hrs in the bus !!

Getting back to BKK is "same same" ... but in reverse. The bus makes 1 dropoff on the outskirts of BKK, then straight to the NCA Terminal, then onto Chatuchak 1.5km further on. I've always found it more convenient to get on/off at NCA Terminal, rather than Chatuchuk. Chatuchak is an absolute ants nest of people, and can be quite intimidating. NCA Terminal is quiet, modern, friendly.

Buriram to BKK dep times are 8.30am  9.40am  11.10am  5.10pm  8.10pm  9.10pm  10.10pm  11.10pm  Midnight+10mins

Offline mahdam

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Nakhon Chai Air NCA bus
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
Smoooth2.    Agree with you 100% on this company.
When i'm to kineow to fly it's the only option for me.
I would rather walk to Bangkok than go with any of the other bus options.

Offline sao baht

• Contributor on the right way
Re: Nakhon Chai Air NCA bus
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
Used the Silver Service from Pattaya to Surin last week, NCA has to be the best Bus/Coach Service in Thailand IMHO  bravo1

Offline smoooth2

• Member in the hall of honorary
Nakhon Chai Air NCA bus
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
I find the midnight coach to BKK particularly useful, as it gets into BKK around 5am. By the time you have "brekky" at the NCA Terminal, then catch taxi to Mo Chit, it's nearly 6am and time for 1st BTS train of the day into the city.

I must say, I get lazy and buy Day Pass on BTS (130 baht from the Railways lady that gives out change. You cannot get Day Pass from ticket machine)  The Day Pass allows you to ride anywhere on the BTS system all day for a total of 120mins train travel. Just means not having to buy individual tickets each trip.

Then I have a full day in BKK to do whatever, then back to NCA Terminal for the 5.10pm coach back to Buriram. Piece of cake. Or perhaps I should say .... a box of rice and spicy moo, bottle of water, bag of chips on the bus.

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick