{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Best place to by a mattress in Buriram?  (Read 8432 times)

Offline Ahab

• Active member on the right way
  • Mostly right, just ask me
Best place to by a mattress in Buriram?
« on: December 16, 2012, 04:09:03 AM »
We are coming for a visit in 2013. My Thai in laws opinion of a good mattress and my opinion of a decent mattress are very different. So I would like to know if anyone has suggestions on where to buy something better than a folding futon mat?

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Best place to by a mattress in Buriram?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:55:59 AM »
We are coming for a visit in 2013. My Thai in laws opinion of a good mattress and my opinion of a decent mattress are very different. So I would like to know if anyone has suggestions on where to buy something better than a folding futon mat?

A good mattress is expensive. Depending on the length of your stay a hotel could work out cheaper. If you buy a good one and leave it to the family upon departure, I can almost guarantee from experience it will be wrecked within weeks.

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 05:28:38 AM »

A good mattress is expensive. Depending on the length of your stay a hotel could work out cheaper. If you buy a good one and leave it to the family upon departure, I can almost guarantee from experience it will be wrecked within weeks.

I would also add that taking the hotel option would give a degree of 'space' from the family and privacy. Intimacy, in a family environment, can be difficult to achieve.

Offline Alan

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 06:50:10 AM »
Ice furniture. Check out the add in the banner at the top of the page. Ron always keeps a good selection in the shop including farang friendly mattresses.

Offline nookiebear

• Gifte​d Poster
  • nookie by name, nookie by nature!!
    • Nookie's delights
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 06:51:50 AM »

Intimacy, in a family environment, can be difficult to achieve.
Very True CoCo

Offline dundeemk6

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 07:05:16 AM »
The best are pocketspringmattresses in combination with a proper boxspring ... these are hard to find, I bought mine some 8 years ago in Korat, spendy but worth every penny.

Offline BillH52

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 07:25:33 AM »
Personally, I have never found a hotel in Thailand which had a mattress anywhere near what I would call 'comfortable'.  A night in a hotel = a sleepless night for me.  I solved some of these issues by bringing along an air mattress purchased in the USA. 

I did find a latex mattress in Bkk which was WONDERFUL; of course, the price was equal to a motor-cy; so, didn't buy it.

Have heard of some latex mattress's out of Chiang Mai, but would need to try before I buy. 

Other than the air mattress, I am still looking for answers to this issue when I spend a few months in country. 

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:48:47 AM »
I bought a Slumberland 10 years ago. Pocket springs. Excellent , firm and still going strong. Was reduced then from 20,000bt to 10,000bt.

Offline toffo

• Member in the hall of honorary
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 09:07:03 AM »
Ice furniture 18000 baht for a big soft comy mattress

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 10:16:54 AM »
Home Pro has some top quality Mattresses (e.g., sealy), as mentioned pricey, but when comfort is important it can be worth it. 

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
We all spend a long time in bed ----some more than others!!! Quality and comfort are important.

Offline BillH52

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »
Thanks to the input, will be taking a second look in Buriram on our next trip to Thailand.  Thanks again.

Offline Ahab

• Mostly right, just ask me
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 02:15:14 PM »
Thanks for the info. The trip upcoming trip is too short to buy a sealy mattress. I agree 100% that a really nice mattress would be destroyed within a couple weeks of our departure. So I guess a futon will be what I will be sleeping on. When we move full time to Thailand a full size mattress will be one of the first things that I will be buying. We plan on spending the first week in the village and then do some sightseeing to various places around the country, and then a couple days before we come back to Hawaii.

Offline urleft

• Gifte​d Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 11:06:36 PM »
Thanks for the info. The trip upcoming trip is too short to buy a sealy mattress. I agree 100% that a really nice mattress would be destroyed within a couple weeks of our departure. So I guess a futon will be what I will be sleeping on. When we move full time to Thailand a full size mattress will be one of the first things that I will be buying. We plan on spending the first week in the village and then do some sightseeing to various places around the country, and then a couple days before we come back to Hawaii.

Ahab,

If you have time, go to Sam's Warehouse, they have a 3" memory foam topper for $100 Queen, $130 King.  And bring it with you.  It is well worth the price and comfort. 

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick