{Advertisements}

{Advertisements}

Author Topic: Gardening Center in Buriram ?  (Read 9951 times)

Offline olavhome

• Contributor with future
Gardening Center in Buriram ?
« on: October 20, 2012, 01:54:03 PM »
Even if (unfortuneately) 3 years to building house, I would like to buy some palms to plant in our land. Then they get some years to settle before we make the house.
Thinking of Bismarkia Nobilis (Blue Bismarck Palm) , Wax Palm, Travellers Palm, Lipstick Palm and Sago Palm, and size up to 2 meters.
Anyone know about where to/easy to buy and what price to expect ?
Hopefully near Satuk  :)

Offline Prakhonchai Nick

• Gifte​d Poster
Re: Gardening Center in Buriram ?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 04:19:40 PM »
I understand CoCo has recently been in the market for 2 meter high palm trees. Perhaps he can provide you with the information you seek, Olavhome

Offline olavhome

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 11:08:42 PM »
Thanks, I wait a few days to see if he is awake and answer here  ::) , if not I try a more direct approach  boxingguy

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:10:22 AM »
Coming from Buriram airport going towards Satuk turn right at the main traffic lights, about 1 km down on left hand side opposite temple is an established garden Center they have a reasonable supply of palms plus other trees and shrubs.   

The owner ,mr Ded goes to Bangkok couple of times a week for supplies and gets stuff to order and also plants them if required.

A word of warning I had a really nice Bismarkia palm grew to about 5 meters in as many years and was my pride and joy. But they are very susceptible to red palm weevil and was reduced to stinking trunk in a matter of weeks and never recovered!

TBWG buriram_united sawadi

Offline olavhome

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 03:35:49 PM »
Think I have to look for  a book (preferably in english) about thai gardening when come in november.
Then I also have some "VERY IMPORTANT SHOPPING" to do thumbup.
Maybe have to be done in Pattaya redman redman

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »
Thanks, I wait a few days to see if he is awake and answer here  ::) , if not I try a more direct approach  boxingguy

Morning Olav - had computer access problems, having to use internet cafes.

There are quite a few choices in the area,

I think TBWG also previously referred to the wide variety of palm species. There are, apparently, 161 species !

www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweb3.dnp.go.th%2Fbotany%2FPDF%2FTFB%2FTFB32%2FTFB32_5Palms.pdf&ei=LvaDUPfpEYTRrQfXtIGQCw&usg=AFQjCNHXCHj778qyRUkKhJ86Iz05h4fJ3g

Apart from TWBG's suggestion there is also a  group of garden shops coming from the Megamart DIY store, over the lights and on the left (I think the 219 road ?).

I have also looked at a place on the Prasat to Surin road (expensive), on the 24 betwen Prasat and Prakhonchai (pretty good) and on the 219 about 5km out of Prakhonchai towards Buriram (best prices).

I am sure there are loads more places in the province. I am also going to Nakhon Nayok next month to see what plants/trees they have there.

As an aside, I found the main Pattaya garden centres to be expensive - although they had a good choice.

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »
This bismarkia cost about Baht4k and had been in about 1 year over the next few years it doubled in size but now it is just a pile of ash after the weevils got at it!

Offline CO-CO

• Gifte​d Poster
  • http://buriramexpats.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
This bismarkia cost about Baht4k and had been in about 1 year over the next few years it doubled in size but now it is just a pile of ash after the weevils got at it!

I imagine that the pile of ash will set-off that grassy roundabout a treat !!

Offline TBWG

• Gifte​d Poster
  • Retarded member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 10:06:32 PM »
Unfortunately not the hundreds of orrible fat grubs inside the thing had to be incinerated away from the property to insure their demise and reduce any re infection chances!

Also it stank something rotten!

The joys of gardening!

Offline olavhome

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »

If the palm in picture is your and now all ashes I can understand being sorry (maybe mad as hell a better word) and serious consider plastics  steamingMad

Search Option

Advanced Search
Recent Posts
Re: Golf Clubs by Mod
March 23, 2024, 12:46:14 AM

Golf Clubs by andy
March 22, 2024, 03:24:32 AM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick
March 10, 2024, 05:30:21 PM

Re: Yamaha XSR for sale by Mod
March 06, 2024, 02:03:52 PM

Yamaha XSR for sale by finnomick